Holy ....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 03:20 PM
SuperBike

ali_squidz is on a distinguished road
Holy ....

prolly not too safe for work or weak tummz

http://www.houstonsportbikenetwork.n...ic.php?t=10648
This squid wasn't so lucky...Don't have much details on this, except for squid no gear going 100+ drove into Taco Bell. Entered the restaurant on one end and flew out the other end...not the right way to utilize the drive thru. EMS found his foot in the ceiling tile.

http://www.rocketmadness.com/forums/...ight=taco+bell
Old 06-20-2007, 04:59 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Yeah I'm gonna go eat dinner now...Seriously that's really sad because like was said that's not an accident and it's really sad that he wasn't educated enough to know whatever he was doing was THAT ******* dangerous and stupid. In a way its kinda shitty too that someone's posting pics of that on the internet, I don't know. I don't know what the guys story is/was and as dumb as what happened is it's still somebody's kid...Think he was probably better off just expiring there, don't know if all the gear in the world would have helped him or if it would have even been worth it if he could have possible lived through that...hopefully this can serve as a lesson to others and maybe save a few people. The bike is only as fast and as irresponsible as the rider wants it to be!
Old 06-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Man, that was pretty visual. I feel for the guy and his family. But....since I'm a cold-hearted bastard I'll say that Darwinism works. I think at least a helmet may have saved his life, or at least gave him a chance. At that speed with no helmet he probably couldn't even see from the windblast. It's no wonder he missed a turn.

I'll leave the stupid Taco Bell jokes alone...and would appreciate if everyone else would too. It was a guy's life after all.....
Old 06-20-2007, 06:02 PM
SuperBike

I read on one of the sites that he was doing over 150 mph. I think at that speed, no matter what the hell you are wearing, its not going to save ya. They did find his foot in the ceiling. I dont think an impact at those speeds are life sustainable to your internal organs.
I really feel bad for the girlfriend. It says they got in a fight and he took off to "cool off" just to never come home. Wow...
Old 06-20-2007, 06:07 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I just went up stairs and turned on Chas' computer to show him this thread. Drugs/Motorcycles/Squids don't mix. Wear your brain - don't splash it.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:11 PM
SuperBike

Werd!!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Yeah, for once I agree, No tasteless Taco Bell jokes...

This reminds me of the mag that used to come out when we were kids talking about drugs, drinking, and driving..."wheels speed, pills kill" it had some pretty graphic pics in it...makes people think twice about pulling that ****...

If I was his parent I would want that bike (or what's left of it) along with a few pics on display so others might learn from it...but that's just me..

Very Sad indeed...
Old 06-20-2007, 06:23 PM
MotoGP

I'm with you there KC! Those of us with sons want to ever live to see that day. His head is pretty good with the GF scene but I do worry about him not wearing enough gear.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:34 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

That's what I was about to say about what the actual situation was. It's fucked up that you've got people making taco bell jokes and ****...I knew a kid a few years younger than me who was a good kid and a similar thing happened-girlfriend broke up with him. Now I think we all remember being young and how we wanted to jump off a roof and we thought it was the end of the world...Well sadly he got drunk and got in his car and slammed into a concrete light pole and died. Sad because he was a good kid too...I was wondering if something similar happened to this poor kid and apparently it did. This should be taken down, how fucked up is it for the family and friends to know this is being posted all over the internet and that ******* ******** are making fun of him...
Old 06-20-2007, 06:35 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn.....just DAMN!!! What a way to go out.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:37 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

And sadly but honestly by the looks of the rest of his body I'll go ahead and say that I think it's better he didn't have a helmet on...
Old 06-20-2007, 06:37 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by captainchaos
That's what I was about to say about what the actual situation was. It's fucked up that you've got people making taco bell jokes and ****...I knew a kid a few years younger than me who was a good kid and a similar thing happened-girlfriend broke up with him. Now I think we all remember being young and how we wanted to jump off a roof and we thought it was the end of the world...Well sadly he got drunk and got in his car and slammed into a concrete light pole and died. Sad because he was a good kid too...I was wondering if something similar happened to this poor kid and apparently it did. This should be taken down, how fucked up is it for the family and friends to know this is being posted all over the internet and that ******* ******** are making fun of him...
I agree that it's rough but as a father if my kids were old enough I WOULD show it to them just to let them know what CAN happen if you don't respect the machine you're on and to NEVER get on when you're pissed off.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:38 PM
MotoGP

And sadly but honestly by the looks of the rest of his body I'll go ahead and say that I think it's better he didn't have a helmet on...
+1
Old 06-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

I don't think anyone here is making any jokes at his or the families expense..and I really don't think it should be taken down, that would serve no purpose at all...As this is only a link to the forum that has the pics...Call me crazy, but I hope someone gains something positive from this....
Old 06-20-2007, 06:46 PM
SuperBike

http://www.lsp.org/lspnewsr.nsf/adc6...7?OpenDocument
Old 06-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

"There was no evidence on the scene which revealed if the driver was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash."

mmm..don't think he was...
Old 06-20-2007, 07:11 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

No I meant on the actual site the pictures are on they're all cracking jokes and ****...That's what I like about being here...It's amazing the difference in the level of maturity between the people on that website and ours...For a responsible respectful audience I guess if this kid can teach others a lesson then ok. But I meant taking it down if all those losers on the other site are going to do is make fun of him...
Old 06-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

No I meant on the actual site the pictures are on they're all cracking jokes and ****...That's what I like about being here...It's amazing the difference in the level of maturity between the people on that website and ours...For a responsible respectful audience I guess if this kid can teach others a lesson then ok. But I meant taking it down if all those losers on the other site are going to do is make fun of him...
Gottcha...

responsible and respectful yes....

Maturity??? you got me there!!! LMAO , but not at this thread...
Old 06-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Back Marker

Nanotech is on a distinguished road
People often seem to use humor since they are afraid to really think of what some stupid moves might have cost them. I see it and seriously don't think I'll ride without gear for a long time. I need those reminders occasionally.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:05 AM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
Take this for what it's worth....

The injuries weren't TERRIBLE. I know they look really really bad, but a Helmet might have saved him. If by some slim chance a medical team would have gotten there in time to arrest the bleeding, and open his collapsed lungs back up, he could have lived. Quailty of life would have sucked for a very long time, and because of that I will agree with the "better off without a helmet" theory.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:13 AM
SuperBike

at least he didnt have a wife and 3 kids... right?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
Have to feel for his family. I KNOW I wouldn't want those pictures floating around if that was my son.
Just yesterday I went and got a helmet, gloves, boots, etc. for my 10 year old so he can go on short rides w/ me (also have a 14 year old I have to gear up before he can get on). We stopped at a light on the way back from the dealership (in my car) and a 40-something year old pulls up next to me on his new ZX-14 wearing a sleeveless shirt, shorts and tennies w/ ankle socks. I looked at my son and said "that's what a dead man looks like".
F'ing idiots....but you either know or you don't....it's not like motorcylce accidents just started happening. Keep rolling the dice like that and sooner or later it's gonna come up snake eyes.
I'm sweating the hell out of my gear these days as it's getting to 95 degrees regularly here. I still chuckle under my helmet when I see the gearless go by.....life teaches lessons in due time.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:24 PM
MotoGP

Amen, Duck and keep preaching the WAY! If you bring 'em up right no other way will be acceptable later. They rebel - they watch a couple of their buddies go down - it's in their face + it ain't pretty. So there!

I went up to his room and loaded the link and said, "Look at this!" He knows what the wrong mix of emotions, drugs, social situations do to people.

His answer to that is call the other GF. There are more than two.

He also recogs the idea of gear but it's a stretch. It's hot here too and he just hasn't fallen hard enough to do much more than scratch a fairing. I hope that it isn't suddenly otherwise for him but like Greg says, everytime you mount up - you face that. Your skills and conditioning have to be equal to the task as well.

My opinion is that your gear has to be up to it too or you're compromising your safety and maybe your life. Especially if you're aggressive in your riding style.

Track days ahead for him and maybe some for me.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:11 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

+1 Duck & Doug. I always say a body cast is alot hotter and alot less comfortable than a little sweating in my gear. And no matter how hot it gets as long as you're moving it's really not that bad. I like to wear underarmor underneath and it works like a champ to help keep you comfortable. You guys know what REALLY pisses me off, and I just saw it again the other day, are STUPID ******* FATHERS who ride around their kids in shorts and a t-shirt on the backs of their bikes. I once saw two ******** on sportbikes, one had their daughter and the other his son on the back, and no bullshit they had to be 5 or 6 years old. And I just saw another go down the road on his harley yesterday with a son, again with NO ******* HELMET, shorts and a tshirt, maybe 8 years old, barely big enough to even ******* hold on. I'm sorry put people that dumb and irresponsible should not be allowed to have kids...
Old 06-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Unfortunatly, most anyone can have children, but you have to pass a friken test to get a drivers lic....ain't that a shame...
Old 06-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
**** like that makes me wonder why I still ride. Not saying that I'd do "sumthin' dat ******' dum" but we are fully aware the fragility of any rider. It can end that quickly. Sometimes it is the rider fault, other times it is unavoidable. Speed thrills but also kills. Ride safe everyone.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:48 PM
MotoGP

If it wasn't dangerous I doubt I'd ride.......I know it sounds dumb but I'm just one of those people that needs to have my adrenaline gland poked every once and a while. As far as bringing up my kids.......they already know what a squid is and use the term regularly down here.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by superhawk22
If it wasn't dangerous ....I know it sounds dumb but I'm just one of those people that needs to have my **** gland poked every once and a while.

I will appologize in advance, but I absolutly could not resist the temptation...and the word was there, all one had to do was remove a few letters... I am so asshamed of myself, nah, maybe not!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:27 AM
Superstock

Lefin102 is on a distinguished road
If you let people see these before they ride they might back off and take it easy. Others you'll never stop thats why this happens!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
I feel for this guy and his family and agree that it's no laughing matter. But I also feel that this story and these photos should be seen by all riders and hopefully with bring about a little change in thought and riding habits.
A friend of mine was stopped to do a u-turn in the median of a divided highway, crossways to traffic flow, when a teenager drove into the median at 70 mph and smashed his leg and hip. A year later he's almost back to normal but won't ride again. He told me, 'There was nothing I could have done. I did everything right.' I think he did nothing wrong but didn't do enough. Now when I'm waiting to make a turn I position the bike in line with the traffic behind me and watch those mirrors, ready to run if need be.
The most important piece of equipment we have is our brains. Let's use them and keep ourselves alive and whole.

Quick Reply: Holy ....