Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Hawaii!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Superstock

maverick is on a distinguished road
Hawaii!

Well I am planning a little adventure... I am going to hawaii for 7 days with a girl I hardly know... but I think it will be a blast. We're going sky diving, swimming with dolphins, going in a shark cage, scuba diving, parasailing, tattoos, AND renting a motorcycle to ride throughout the trip! She came into some money recently and is treating me to EVERYTHING lol So, I have two qustions, what should I rent to ride around in hawaii? Everywhere I look seems to have mostly harleys... and I want something comfortable to ride. Last time I went to hawaii I got a harley 1200 something but it was shakey as hell. So somebody find me something awesome to rent in oahu lol Also, interesting tattoo ideas... last time I went I got a tiki done by a polynesian artist, but I'm thinking something badass and biker related... ideas?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:48 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Be careful. A guy I know rented a Harley, took it to the hotel and parked it in the parking structure, came back and it's gone. He had to pay for it. Ask about insurance for theft.

Hawaii has many locals that prey on tourists.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
all sportys are shaky , next time try a softtail or wide glide if you must get a harley. They ride smoother.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Back Marker

epleeds is on a distinguished road
I have an electraglide, which is an awesome bike if your looking for comfort. If you dont want something that big, go for either a heritage softail or a fatboy. both excellent bikes, easy to ride and smooth.

and what ever you do, if you go to maui, do not....i repeat do not....take the road to Hana. No matter what anyone says.....ask me how i know.....worst 5 hours of my life...
Old 04-23-2009, 05:38 AM
Superstock

maverick is on a distinguished road
Good advice I'll get some insurance. Also, it doesn't have to be a harley, they just seem to rent mostly harleys down there. I did see a bmw r 1150r...