Happy thoughts for Trucker

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Happy thoughts for Trucker

Allright most of us know that one of our younger talented member has been, more or less scared off.

Yep I am talking about TruckinDuc

If you don't know who I am talking about see his build page

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=16652

I am not going to rehash the story and this thread is not for bitching. Life happens gets in the way and, sometimes we mess up. But we learn and move on with life.

I though a thread should be started to show Truck that he is still welcome here and we would like to hear what he has to say.

So with that said, here are my happy thoughts for Truck.

You have tons of skills that are evident by your build, I am envyous.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:29 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
Hmmm, interesting. I didnt know he was "GONE".. For the rest of us that do not know . How about a Recap...?

Last edited by lynchie; 10-01-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:19 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
I think he ran himself off by making promises he didn't or wasn't able to keep. I bear him no ill will, but then again he has no money of mine for a product he hasn't delivered.
It is inaccurate to state that he has been run off this forum. In fact, I'm sure there are several forum members who would like for him to come back, explain why he hasn't delivered and then deliver.
A bunch of us here on the forum even took up a collection for him and gave him a check for more than a thousand dollars to have his knee fixed.

Last edited by killer5280; 09-30-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:18 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by killer5280
I think he ran himself off by making promises he didn't or wasn't able to keep.
Agreed. The guy took people's money and delivered nothing - not even an F-you. You can't hose people like that and expect them to 'welcome you back'.

I'm happy to see that you are trying to do something nice for the guy, but I really think it's a little late.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:25 AM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
I think it is time simply to move on - perhaps with a live and let live approach, but welcome him? He has some responsibilities to live up to first. Maybe he overextended, but to keep peoples money is not right.
It may not be a lot of money, but he needs to make reparations before I will accept and trust him.
He recieved a lot of good will from this community. He didn't ask for it, so I will not compare what he was given to what he took, but right is right and wrong is wrong. He needs to pay his debt to those he wronged before he'll be "welcome" in my eyes.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:26 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
I would say to Trucker, man up apologize and come back to the forum. Most people have no trouble forgiving. We all enjoyed his threads and his inputs on things. I know I did.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Back Marker
Back Marker

superdutyd is on a distinguished road
When you take someone's money for something you have an obligation. If you can't deliver you give a refund, plain and simple. Not excuses. Would I welcome him back? Yes. Would I buy from him now? No.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:41 AM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Why would anyone "welcome back" to the forum a shitbird who ripped off forum members?

Buy a ******* clue.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

The only reason I would welcome him back is so maybe the people that gave him money would get there stuff. If everyone just bashes him, he will probably just say screw it and stay away.

Buy a ******* clue? I don't need to. I didn't send him money nor would I send money to someone that doesn't have a product ready to ship.

It's amazing how on every forum on the internet there are people, usually with a higher status, who add nothing to a thread but to bash other people who are trying to help.

Originally Posted by RK1
Why would anyone "welcome back" to the forum a shitbird who ripped off forum members?

Buy a ******* clue.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:00 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by superdutyd
bash other people who are trying to help.
Trying to help what? Who? The guy who took peoples money, didn't deliver, didn't refund but has the money to mod his own bike, post pics and brag about it on another forum?

Making excuses for and sucking up to somebody who exploited peoples' trust and ripped them off?

Like I said, BUY A ******* CLUE!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

And bashing him and other members helps how? I'm not sucking up to him, read my very first post on this.

What exactly am i buying a clue for? Tell me and i will send you money right away.

Originally Posted by RK1
Trying to help what? Who? The guy who took peoples money, didn't deliver, didn't refund but has the money to mod his own bike, post pics and brag about it on another forum?

Making excuses for and sucking up to somebody who exploited peoples' trust and ripped them off?

Like I said, BUY A ******* CLUE!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:19 PM
RK1
MotoGP

And bashing him and other members helps how? I'm not sucking up to him, read my very first post on this.

What exactly am i buying a clue for? Tell me and i will send you money right away.
Here's the clue, free of charge. The price of being respected and "welcomed back" is making whole the people he ripped off.

If you want to send somebody money, send it to them.

Last edited by RK1; 10-01-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:33 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
I'd like to take a second and comment about divingindaytona. I think it's obvious what the general consensus is of Truck, and I'm guessing you knew that already. For to to hang it out there and try to do something nice for him says a lot about you.

Good for you man, rock on my friend.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

I still don't see how this helps. Oh wait, it gets you to 2019 posts. I guess if i keep bickering back and forth to other members i'll get there too. Wait, no i won't, i'm done with this. Sorry to the other forum members for wasting there time by helping make this thread pointless.

Originally Posted by RK1
Here's the clue, free of charge. The price of being respected and "welcomed back" is making whole the people he ripped off.

If you want to send somebody money, send it to them.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:50 PM
RK1
MotoGP

I still don't see how this helps. Oh wait, it gets you to 2019 posts. I guess if i keep bickering back and forth to other members i'll get there too. Wait, no i won't, i'm done with this. Sorry to the other forum members for wasting there time by helping make this thread pointless.
I don't care how many posts I have. I don't get paid by the post.

I just don't like seeing forum members getting screwed. And I don't understand other forum members making lame excuses for the guy who screwed them.

Talk is cheap. Why not put your money where your mouth is and pay off the people Truck took money from but didn't deliver to?

I won't hold my breath.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Back Marker

malahhaor is on a distinguished road
Everyone makes mistakes. What happened is unfortunate. He is young and still has allot to learn. What he did was not right but can be forgiven. I think the lack of communication on his part is what really what did it.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by malahhaor
Everyone makes mistakes. What happened is unfortunate. He is young and still has allot to learn. What he did was not right but can be forgiven. I think the lack of communication on his part is what really what did it.
Yeah, he can be forgiven, no lie. The prerequisite is to pay back the people he took money from and apologize.

Accent on pay back the friggin' money.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty
I'd like to take a second and comment about divingindaytona. I think it's obvious what the general consensus is of Truck, and I'm guessing you knew that already. For to to hang it out there and try to do something nice for him says a lot about you.

Good for you man, rock on my friend.
Thanks JD

RK1 - obviously you didnt like the way things worked out. So you feel you got screwed sorry to hear that. How long are you going to hold a grudge against him? Grow up and get over it, live your life
Old 10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
Anyone who doesn't want to wait for one and has paid should just reverse paypal him for their money back. At least he will see it on there, its worth a shot in the dark.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:26 PM
SuperBike

k-d-williams is on a distinguished road
Just to put my 2 cents in...

Seems like the people most interested in "forgiving" trucker, are not out any money! A fellow forum member that i ride with paid for a fork brace and never received it. Kinda hard to welcome someone that takes your money and doesn't even give you a reach around! I ordered CCT's from him and after a few months he finally came through... i am one of the luckier ones! But i feel bad for those who got screwed!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:39 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by divingindaytona
Thanks JD

RK1 - obviously you didnt like the way things worked out. So you feel you got screwed sorry to hear that. How long are you going to hold a grudge against him? Grow up and get over it, live your life
I never ordered anything from truck, he doesn't owe me a penny. I'm living my life just fine, thank you very much.

I don't like seeing fellow forum members being betrayed and ripped off. Why is that so hard for you to understand? I totally don't get it.

The first thing Truck will do if he ever grows up is pay back the money he stole.

The first thing you will do if you ever grow up is demand that he do so, or pay the debt yourself with the sure knowledge that truck will pay you back because he's so "talented".

Last edited by RK1; 10-01-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:47 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
Scared off? How about "**** bagged" off? With his tail between his legs, and no I didn't lose a penny. I just can't stand dishonest, cowardly people. The age and experience doesn't matter. I've seen a lot better behavior out of people his age.

If he still has outstanding debts after all this time and has made no attempts at restitution than I say good riddance.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:53 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
Hell NO

Originally Posted by RK1

Buy a ******* clue.

ok NOW i understand

Whatever surgery he had , he should return peoples money. I think he had some CCT's and Rear sets or something, i remeber now.. Thats messed up.

I agree, to save face "Sorry" should be said and mandatory refund of an moneys for sure. He could just be running a big scam on all kind of forums. Get members to like you , show some some talent and start selling , yet , no delivery.. only broken promisses and now he is hiding..

Sounds like Obama!!!??

Last edited by lynchie; 10-02-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Back Marker

runrowdy is on a distinguished road
I agree with RK1. His name should be changed to fuckntruck.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Superstock

skoshere is on a distinguished road
the forum members delivered a check to him in person, why dont some make another visit. He may be talented ( at ******* some).

but live and learn right, i didnt get hosed, but this ruins the intergerity of the forum and the trust we all develop for each other on here
Old 10-01-2009, 04:55 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
insert stewy and brian debacle from family guy... "where's my money?"
Old 10-01-2009, 06:19 PM
SuperBike

Truckinduc is on a distinguished road
Ok, Can we please get a few things straight.

I would hardly call what I did "Stealing" peoples money. Everyone seemed happy with the CCT's that I was producing. Yes It was slow but I was getting them done.

I started a thread to see if there was any intrest in fork braces. I said I would take a few pre orders in order to get the operation up and running. Designing a new product for something isnt easy and something im still learning. I never promised a delivery date on the first 4 fork braces.

Where I fucked up most of all was keeping my customers un informed. Several things happened to slow down the building process, and I should have told them about it but didnt. I wont get into that right now.

2 of the 4 braces have been shipped. 1 other is done and ready for shipping, and the last one needs to be coated and its done.

as for taking money to make a part for my bike. That is also not true. I still have never ridden my personal VTR. The first forkbrace I made, a prototype, was on my bike for a brief time. this was for design and fitment purposes. what do I have to gain for making a part that goes on a bike thats not ridable?

as of right now ive lost money in the for braces. Im not upset about that. its not quite the same as running away with forum members money.

The money went into the aluminum stock, the programming and waterjet cutting. the proper endmill tools, the proper drill bits and tap's, machining, powdercoat and stainless hardware. So no I do not see it as stealing money, I see it as product development and thank the 4 people who helped me get the ball rolling.

I am truly sorry to the few people who I took money from for a product. It was never my intent to take so long to deliver, but thats what happened and I am sorry. You will get the brace, very soon.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Mercenary for hire
Squid

MTHAWK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Truckinduc
Ok, Can we please get a few things straight.

I would hardly call what I did "Stealing" peoples money. Everyone seemed happy with the CCT's that I was producing. Yes It was slow but I was getting them done.

I started a thread to see if there was any intrest in fork braces. I said I would take a few pre orders in order to get the operation up and running. Designing a new product for something isnt easy and something im still learning. I never promised a delivery date on the first 4 fork braces.

Where I fucked up most of all was keeping my customers un informed. Several things happened to slow down the building process, and I should have told them about it but didnt. I wont get into that right now.

2 of the 4 braces have been shipped. 1 other is done and ready for shipping, and the last one needs to be coated and its done.

as for taking money to make a part for my bike. That is also not true. I still have never ridden my personal VTR. The first forkbrace I made, a prototype, was on my bike for a brief time. this was for design and fitment purposes. what do I have to gain for making a part that goes on a bike thats not ridable?

as of right now ive lost money in the for braces. Im not upset about that. its not quite the same as running away with forum members money.

The money went into the aluminum stock, the programming and waterjet cutting. the proper endmill tools, the proper drill bits and tap's, machining, powdercoat and stainless hardware. So no I do not see it as stealing money, I see it as product development and thank the 4 people who helped me get the ball rolling.

I am truly sorry to the few people who I took money from for a product. It was never my intent to take so long to deliver, but thats what happened and I am sorry. You will get the brace, very soon.
Well spoken
Old 10-01-2009, 06:40 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
Truck knows what I've told him a long time ago about all this, I just want to say that sorry doesn't cut it at this point. If you can post on another forum you can post on THIS forum and keep people informed; weekly if necessary, daily if requested. You can also email people who have paid you and keep them up to date in the same fashion. I don't think anyone would give a **** about how long it took, even if you had the money from them already, if you had just kept them INFORMED. This comes from a guy who knows the difficulty you're in, is VERY sympathetic to ALL the problems you've had/are having and WANTS YOU TO SUCEED and has made some small effort to assist in that same GOAL. All it takes is COMMUNICATION. I like you, I care about you and I'd like to think we could ALL get past this and be ALL ok with you if you'd stop this open ended **** of "soon" and "very soon" and just get on with telling the people you owe product to a simple status report, every day of exactly where you are at that point. Rant off. I hope you're doing better, it'd be nice if we could all help you help you but we can't if you shut us off. Peace (if that's possible after that egotistical rant <bad jack>)
Old 10-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Syclone is on a distinguished road
Glad to see Truck has posted again. You know Truck, if you had just kept people informed that you were having troubles, I don't think you'd have anyone mad at you. But the fact that you would post on the Fighters board but not here doesn't speak well. You've got machining skills and resources no doubt, and with your knee problem that may be a good way to help pay for the surgery you need. I think you need to step up your PR and prove that you're going to hang around.

Quick Reply: Happy thoughts for Trucker