Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

duplicolor mirage paint

Old 12-08-2010, 08:27 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
duplicolor mirage paint

ive been on the fence over the paint i wanna use on my track bike. i like the flat colors, flat black, olive drab green in flat, stuff like that, but then i thought, what about the mirage paint, it flip flops and looks cool and well if i crash **** happens ill just re spray that area as it comes pre mixed so theres no real issue with matching, and since its a track bike im not worried. the stuff isnt cheap though and ive been doing lots of reading but havent found anything that tells me how much of this stuff id need to paint a bike. wondering how far a can of this paint will go just so i know how much to get
Old 12-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Head Scratcher
Back Marker

poppazuti is on a distinguished road
I'm not entirely familiar with the type of paint you're talking about but if it's an average size rattle can, I went through about 4 cans painting just the plastics on the hawk. I had another 2 set aside for the tank. That was shooting 2 light coats and 2 wet coats, the flat colors might go a little further.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:46 PM
SuperBike

oh dame, well its far from flat its a flip flop color that goes a few different colors, lol.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:46 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
Are you talking about iridescent paint?

Like this:
Old 12-09-2010, 05:45 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
If you spend a lot of effort making it look real pretty, you'll surely crash and ruin your beautiful paint job. However, if you don't paint anything, you'll never put a scratch on it, and it'll look like **** for a very long time.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:53 PM
SuperBike

yup thats the one, duplicolor calls it the mirage paint, i remember it being called kameleon by house of kolor i think it was.

i plan on crashing next year regardless of how pretty the bike is, although if i low side with a superbike slick im doing something right, lol. lets hope i dont high side, haha. i figure now that ill have a dedicated track bike ill push it that much harder not worrying about its well being
Old 12-10-2010, 05:26 AM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
^^ Then make sure you do some homework on what to do with your body when you do go down. Just had my first lowside at the track about a month ago and it all happens real quick. This was at about 80mph too. If you get to where you start tumbling as your sliding, even in soft grass you can still tear your body up.