Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Demo Days

Old 09-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Back Marker

Dan Cronin is on a distinguished road
Demo Days

Had a chance to try out some of what the “competition” has to offer a couple weeks ago. I went to the Ducati Demo Day in Derry, NH. They were pretty good about letting you try any bike as long as you had proper gear and insurance. The rides were 25-30 minutes long.

I tried the Monster 1100 first as I had never ridden one and have to say it was a blast. The thing works great in the slow twisty stuff. Not sure I would ride one cross country but it wasn't made for that anyway. It was a bit unnerving to look down on the bars and see most of the front fender (the bike feels that short). The price was a bit steep though at $12K, especially considering you'd need to add the Termis to get that sound.

The Streetfighter was another thing altogether. If you get a chance to ride one of these do it. It rides like what you imagine they were aiming for when they created the original Superbike series. That motor is incredible. Massive torque and a huge top end rush. Your weight feels a bit over the bars but no more than the SH, just a wider grip. It felt very light and narrow like a dirt bike. The thing handled much better that I had expected though you definitely had to be careful with the throttle while leaned over. Outstanding brakes as long as you use just one or two fingers. More than that and you're over the bars.

Not suggesting anyone give up their beloved SH but I'd encourage you to ask around the dealers near you when they are having a Demo day. They're begging for your business, it's lots of fun and cost nothing.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:33 AM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
oh whoa I wish I knew about this, I live probably 10 minutes from that place (seacost cycle) I'll have to check their site more often or sign for a email list. sounds like a fun time though!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:51 AM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
No kidding. This sounds like a blast. I wonder if Great Bay in Hampton (NH) is going to have demo days this fall?
Old 09-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Back Marker

Dan Cronin is on a distinguished road
It wouldn't surprise me if they tour a few of the dealers in the northeast before moving on to other areas of the country. It was a full tractor trailer load of new Ducati motorcycles with the truck in factory colors.