Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Car show Day 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 05:40 PM
SuperBike

ali_squidz is on a distinguished road
Car show Day 1

Here are some pics of the car show I am in. This is only day one.

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...201/?start=all
Old 06-22-2007, 05:51 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Very cool...does that pickup with the bike in the back actually run and is that a birds nest on top of the engine? LOL
Old 06-22-2007, 05:56 PM
SuperBike

yes it actually runs and yes thats a birds nest ! LOL
actually runs really flippin well. The dude comes every year and its always the same truck but different crap on it! LOL
Old 06-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Squid

Hardhead is on a distinguished road
Which ride is yours?
Old 06-22-2007, 06:12 PM
SuperBike

1504-1507
Old 06-22-2007, 06:38 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I had a '35 Ford Coupe. Just gotta love those old five window coupes with a rumble seat! Nice photos - thanks for sharing.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Squid

Hardhead is on a distinguished road
Very nice ride I'm into the show scene myself. How did you do at the show?
Old 06-22-2007, 07:59 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Very cool car Ali. I miss the hot rod/classic car nights. I used to LIVE for them when I was in high school and college. Used to drive a '72 vette (which is waiting patiently to be turned into a money pit, but still runs like a champ) and sometimes my folks '62 vette, and also my brother first car, a '70 lemans. Sadly the really cool places ended up getting pressured to shut down (a whole other subject I don't want to get started on). The only place for awhile was kinda ghetto and finally recently another cool car night started up again. Much more mellow-nothing like the wild flame throwing street racing nights from 10 or 15 years ago but I was still really happy to see it. Got into the bikes (cheaper, faster, easier to work on) and am just starting to get the itch to start working on the vette again. I'm just kinda scared because I know its a grow a beard, lock yourself in the garage and no one see you again for several years kinda commitment. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:26 PM
MotoGP

I'm not pressing you, Beau, but you should get started so you have some time to enjoy it when you finish the work. You're right about the time commitment and the years and expense involved but you have the skill sets to put it into play again. To think it's still in your family is a great thing all by itself!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:39 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Well Doug that's the other problem, the '62 has been in the family since '65 and if I was going to restore a car I think that would be the one to do since it would cost the same as my '72 but would be worth 2 or 3 times as much (not that I really care about that). I was almost born in it too! I sent off a bunch of stuff to Overhaulin' about the '62 about a year or two ago but never heard back So I guess it's up to me. Yeah once I finish up the bikes, which is happening pretty soon, and my brother moves out (miss him but I'll get a two car garage to myself!) I may have to get started. I made a list about $50k deep years ago LOL...But all that's not necessary and as having a stupid fast street car and paint so perfect I'm afraid to drive it become less and less important I think I can knock that figure down a bit. Hey hopefully I get to do them both while my folks are still around...The '62 for my folks and the '72 nice and loud, fast and obnoxious to **** my dad off one more time lol-I can see him shaking his head already. I still remember how ticked off he was when I came home from college with headers and single chamber flowmasters and you could hear it from a block away.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:22 PM
MotoGP

LOL Dude! Git 'er done!

I can imagine the producers trying to fit a '62 Vette restoration into a week's production - WOW would not be the phase of the day. It would be more like NFW!!! I'm sure all the guys would love to tackle a project like that but it would have to be a multi-segment broadcast and that stuff makes the media money-people nervous.

They did the Lance Armstrong GTO less than a hundred yards from where I'm sitting right now.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:31 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Really? Did you get to see it? And like Lance Armstrong needed someone to build his car for him right? I don't know I don't think the '62 would be much more difficult to restore than any of the other cars I've seen them do. The only real difference is the fiberglass body and it's a pretty straight car. Not that it's not a alot of work but they did a '63.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
I need another project. Had a '68 Cougar XR7 in highschool but had to sell it when I went to college; no time to fettle. I sure would like another Cougar now, though. Maybe an Eliminator...for about 50 large.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:53 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Hey Mohawk, my grandfather had either a '67 or '68 cougar. Too bad I wasn't old enough to drive when they got older and stopped driving and sold it. My dad laughs and said he used to peel away from the house every time he drove it lol.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:14 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by captainchaos
Really? Did you get to see it? And like Lance Armstrong needed someone to build his car for him right? I don't know I don't think the '62 would be much more difficult to restore than any of the other cars I've seen them do. The only real difference is the fiberglass body and it's a pretty straight car. Not that it's not a alot of work but they did a '63.
I didn't get to see it but caught it on TV. Then I was having some work done and went in to get a quote and they still had the bay set up where they did the shoot. They have an album with stills that they took during the shoot. There must be a hundred photos in that book. Yeah, and that was the first thing I thought of - Lance Armstrong?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:19 PM
SuperBike

Day 2 kids....

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...202/?start=all
With over 11,500 cars, my car wont get a second look. I did however win an MSRA Tshirt, and 2 $200 gift certificates for some hot rod shops from the youth club. 27 and younger rodders.