Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Cafe Racer on Velocity TV

Old 03-08-2012, 08:15 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Cafe Racer on Velocity TV

Has anybody seen this show. I just discovered it while going through the on-screen cable guide. Half way through the show, they've been to cafe racer shops in Michigan and London.

Way better than watching Senior and Junior argue at Orange County Choppers, which I gave up on years ago.

I'm sure Little Horse has seen this show.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Head Scratcher
Back Marker

poppazuti is on a distinguished road
I've had it set up to record on my DVR for about two years now. Talented builders on there from all over the world. The Bostrom bros are usually the test riders for most of the builds. Definitely better than OCC or Biker Buildoff for sure.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:43 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Yeah saying its better than awful reality shows with rubes screaming at each other is a pretty sad review. I mean I've been immersed in bikes since I was 8 and couldnt watch those trashy shows for a minute.

I tried to like cafe racer but it kind of seems like a bunch of hipster doofuses that live around me are trying to be be bitchin nuvo trendy shiek. I mean a bunch of crappy old 60s & 70s drum brake bikes?

Like you really need a world superbike racer to ride that 22 hp dinosaur?

How about a show of someone making legitimate high performance machines? You dont see real sportbikes on tv cuz the politicly correct homo producers wont put it on.

It sucks that I own & ride & race 5 bikes and cant stomach this show

My 2 cents
Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Head Scratcher
Back Marker

poppazuti is on a distinguished road
Well I suppose that's one way to look at it. There are literally dozens of shows for car enthusiasts to watch, but not so many for motorcycle enthusiasts. I find this one to be the least offensive and most informative (granted it does cater to a certain niche) of the shows offered to us. Not much more to compare it to in this genre.

It's not much different than what most of us on this very forum are doing; taking an outdated bike (no, not as outdated as most of the bikes profiled on the show) and fitting it with modern suspension, updating the braking system, etc. One episode showed a guy turning a Virago into a cafe racer.

Is it necessary to have a World Superbike racer push these things around the track? Probably not. But seeing that these guys who regularly ride bikes that would intimidate most of us actually enjoying themselves while riding these creations probably helps sell the idea that a bike doesn't have to have 180+ rwhp to be considered "fun". Maybe they understand that this is exactly what modern sportbikes evolved from.. These were the superbikes of yester-year, the bikes that ran at the Isle of Mann in the 60's and 70's.

I would be ecstatic if somebody wanted to make a show about the making of superbikes, but I can't imagine that with the amount of money going into the R&D that any of the big 4 would willingly allow this technology to be filmed.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
Great show and love to see truly custom builds!

In considering a bobber/cafe racer build myself with an 1999 HD Sportster 1200C. If I buy it this weekend I'll start a thread so you guys can come along with me as I chop, cut & rebuild