Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Benefit for a Friend

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:43 AM
SuperBike

ali_squidz is on a distinguished road
Benefit for a Friend

I thought I might pass this along if anyone is interested...

Last summer, a friend of mine crashed at Brainerd Raceway. She has been fighting like the tough chick she is, however she has a long and hard fight in front of her still. Her family has given 100% to support her, but her insurance has been drained. If you ever need inspiration to live your life to the fullest, just meet Abby.
Any support you could give would be thanked by the biggest smile you have ever seen, Abby's.
Thanks,
Alicia

State ID #2264669-2

To whom it may concern:

We are looking for donations in support of a benefit we are having for Abby Mahle on April 28, 2007.
Abby is a 21 years old vibrant young women who’s dreams were crushed during a sanctioned motorcycle racing accident on August 26th 2006. She sustained multiple injuries which include, a brain injury which placed her in a coma for three months, a broken leg in three places and permanent nerve damage to her right arm. Abby now is on the road to recovery, but she is functioning at an eight-year-old level. With continued therapy, the doctors are hopeful that Abby will re-enter society as a productive member. Her insurance coverage is exhausted and the medical bills are beyond what was covered. In the benefit we are hoping to raise money to alleviate these expenses and help in her continued therapy and recovery to see her smiling face again.
The last eight months have been difficult and very emotional for the family.

We would appreciate ANY and ALL donations for a silent auction and drawings you would be willing to contribute.
State ID # 2264669-2.

Please send product/service donations to:
Debra Mahle
9071 Polk Street NE
Blaine, MN 55434
(763) 786-7655
Any cash/check donations please send it to:
Abby Mahle
Anoka County Federal Credit Union
4 South Pine Drive
Circle Pines, MN 55014

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Debra Mahle
Old 04-25-2007, 12:59 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Ouch, rough.

Kudos for posting this here.

I was up at Brainerd in Sept.

Kinda mixed feelings about the place because while we were there my best friends older brother committed suicide. (back in St. Paul) So now when I think of that racetrack I remember him.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point
my .02

just a thought we have 1,534 members now even if 500 of us donated 10$ that would be 5000$ dollars to help pay medical bills!! anyone who has rode a bike long enough knows medical bills pile up fast! Greg, could we send checks to say our admin. ?? and when all checks are recieved we could send them to her in a card from the superhawk forum? just wanting to help a fellow rider. if you guys think it's a bad idea I'll take the blame!! it's only ten dollars if we work it out I'm in. Neil
Old 04-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
I'm in for a group-gift. Let us know where to send the check so we can put it all together.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Why not set up a forum paypal account, (If Greg wants to do it that way) If memory serves you can do one that won't charge any fee's for something like this...Then from time to time, if we find someone, or something in need of a gift/charity like this, we could just fire off money to the site paypal account. And of course we would want to make sure that it is legit! Again, if ya'll think this is a bad idea, then Doug aka nuhawk, came up with it!!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by ali_squidz
I thought I might pass this along if anyone is interested...

Last summer, a friend of mine crashed at Brainerd Raceway. She has been fighting like the tough chick she is, however she has a long and hard fight in front of her still. Her family has given 100% to support her, but her insurance has been drained. If you ever need inspiration to live your life to the fullest, just meet Abby.
Any support you could give would be thanked by the biggest smile you have ever seen, Abby's.
Thanks,
Alicia

State ID #2264669-2

To whom it may concern:

We are looking for donations in support of a benefit we are having for Abby Mahle on April 28, 2007.
Abby is a 21 years old vibrant young women who’s dreams were crushed during a sanctioned motorcycle racing accident on August 26th 2006. She sustained multiple injuries which include, a brain injury which placed her in a coma for three months, a broken leg in three places and permanent nerve damage to her right arm. Abby now is on the road to recovery, but she is functioning at an eight-year-old level. With continued therapy, the doctors are hopeful that Abby will re-enter society as a productive member. Her insurance coverage is exhausted and the medical bills are beyond what was covered. In the benefit we are hoping to raise money to alleviate these expenses and help in her continued therapy and recovery to see her smiling face again.

We would appreciate ANY and ALL donations for a silent auction and drawings you would be willing to contribute.
State ID # 2264669-2.

Debra Mahle
9071 Polk Street NE
Blaine, MN 55434
(763) 786-7655
Abby Mahle
4 South Pine Drive
Circle Pines, MN 55014

Sincerely,
Debra Mahle
So, Ali, I assume that you know her? I will post this on my local forum as well, can't promise anything from those guys, but you never know...
Old 04-25-2007, 05:03 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
Give me a paypal address and I'm in for 10....
Old 04-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Yes, Paypal WILL charge fees. "No up-front costs - you'll have the same low fee schedule used when you receive other PayPal payments". See https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...c/donate-intro.

I would be more than willing to set up something like this. It is entirely up to the rest of the forum if Paypal gets money out of the deal. I think it's inherently wrong (I think it should be free), but I ain't the CEO of Paypal. If you want to send me money via mail that's okay too. It's all up to you guys.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Yes, Paypal WILL charge fees. "No up-front costs - you'll have the same low fee schedule used when you receive other PayPal payments". See https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...c/donate-intro.

I would be more than willing to set up something like this. It is entirely up to the rest of the forum if Paypal gets money out of the deal. I think it's inherently wrong (I think it should be free), but I ain't the CEO of Paypal. If you want to send me money via mail that's okay too. It's all up to you guys.
I think it depends, as long as it is not a business account, then you get so many transactions or dollar amount for free....even if they charge a small fee it is convience for most folks, so you just send what ever is left in the account...not a big deal...
Old 04-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by drew_c14
Give me a paypal address and I'm in for 10....
PM sent
Old 04-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

https://www.paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=HWLJF36E59RA8

For those that want to sign up for a paypal account...I have been with them 7 years now, with no issues...and I earn 5.20% on the money I leave in the account....
Old 04-25-2007, 09:14 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
So sorry to hear about your friend Ali. I went thru the same thing when my ex-girlfriend got in a car accident several years ago and her boyfriend was killed. She smacked her head really bad, died twice, was revived, had two strokes, and was in a coma for a long time with all kinds of broken bones-arm, leg, ribs, etc. She was day to day in the icu for a long time. Several years later her mind is great but her body is still out of it and she's still in a chair-like she's trapped inside herself. And it's been a true miracle that she's made it this far. But she's never stopped getting better and making improvements. Really sad when something like that happens to a beautiful young person...be sure you and everyone around her stays positive though, and do yourself a favor and don't listen to any of the negative **** all the doctors and "experts" are going to give you...count me in for the group gift, I think that's a nice idea.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:57 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by kickinchicken996
So, Ali, I assume that you know her? I will post this on my local forum as well, can't promise anything from those guys, but you never know...
Yes I know her. I was working the track when she crashed too. I went to her 21st birthday at the hospital and it was a joyous yet tragic thing to see. She has come so far, but might never be the same. I feel a special connection because when I was exactly her age almost to the day, I was in a very bad motorcycle accident too. This very well could have been me. It's a tough pill to swallow.
Thank you guys for doing this. She is such a strong amazing lady. If you could see her smile, you would see the determination she has. If anyone wants to leave comments for her on her myspace get well page, feel free.
www.myspace.com/pixy747

I posted up a bunch of fliers at work here. I did a little modifying and combined 2 of them they had out. Take a look.

Benefit
For Abby Mahle
April 28, 2007
John RiceVFW
1374 109th Ave. NE
Blaine, MN 55434
3pm-10pm

Abby is a 21 year old vibrant young women who’s dreams were crushed during a sanctioned motorcycle racing accident on August 26th 2006. She sustained multiple injuries which include, a brain injury which placed her in a coma for three months, a broken leg in three places and permanent nerve damage to her right arm. Abby now is on the road to recovery, but she is functioning at an eight-year-old level. With continued therapy, the doctors are hopeful that Abby will re-enter society as a productive member. Her insurance coverage is exhausted and the medical bills are beyond what was covered. In the benefit we are hoping to raise money to alleviate these expenses and help in her continued therapy and recovery to see her smiling face again.

State ID # 2264669-2.

Debra Mahle
9071 Polk Street NE
Blaine, MN 55434
(763) 786-7655

Abby Mahle
4 South Pine Drive
Circle Pines, MN 55014
Friends and family of Abby Mahle will be holding a benefit for her at the John Rice VFW on April 28, 2007, to help with financial needs of Abby.

Tickets are $5.00, which includes:
• A spaghetti dinner
• Raffle
• Silent Auction
• Music

Sincerely,
Debra Mahle
Old 04-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Superstock

alright so wich way are we going pay-pal or check? lets do this!!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:09 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Well on taurusclub.com they did something just like this set up with paypal. I have no idea how to set that up though...I would rather get together a group gift than send a random check...help anyone?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Maybe we should just stick to sending a check...cause if you send that amount via paypal then that is a lot of money they are getting, instead of the girl that needs it....

So, Greg, Can we just send you the money and let's say in 3 weeks you send a single check to these people from the Superhawkforum....??

If not, I don't mind doing it...Let me know what ya'll thinks!! But I agree, let's get it done...
Old 04-26-2007, 02:20 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

That's fine too, we could all send checks to one person and then send one combined check. Paypal's got enough money...
Old 04-26-2007, 05:45 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
He already owes me money so this is going to be easy!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by nuhawk
He already owes me money so this is going to be easy!
Who is He?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:49 PM
MotoGP

Who were you going to send the checks to? None less than our fearless leader! We turned out better on the wrecked forks than we originally thought so I have a little Nemish Company credit. Watch that disappear just like my post count. j/k He's going to do the forks on the VFR next (next year at the rate he's going ) so I told him to hang on the money.

I don't mean to make light of Ali's friend. I have been to this racetrack. It's as special as Elkhart Lake and Watkins Glen. Lots of different classes raced there during my day - even Paul Newman. The motorsports were not that big back then so the track never got mainstream. It was also too far away from a major city like NYC to help it along between major races. I also have extended family (lots of it) in the Brainerd area. I agree that we should make a substantial effort to help out.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Okay, I will volunteer to collect the funds. I will leave it up to you if you want to send via cash, check, or Paypal. But keep in mind that I will only forward the funds credited to my Paypal account. I have a premier account so the fees for incoming funds aren't as steep as a personal account.

Paypal account is gnemish at nycap dot rr dot com.

If you desire to send via snail mail, my address is

Greg Nemish
112 James Rd.
Galway, NY 12074

I will personally donate 10% of what I collect, up to $100. On Friday, May 11 I will combine all funds and have a cashier's check made out to Abby Mahle, along with a card to wish her a speedy recovery.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:16 AM
MotoGP

I'll match that!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:00 AM
SuperBike

Thank you so much friends... seriously!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by nuhawk
I'll match that!
Damn you guys, and I already sold the business or I could do it too...now I am just a poor *** workin stiff...But I will shoot over $20 via paypal to ya Greg...and nobody is gonna question the accounting...lol...except maybe Doug, but he don't count anyway!! LOL
Old 04-27-2007, 11:40 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Sounds great, thanks Greg. Paypal it is...
Old 04-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Superstock

Thanks Greg, pay-pal sent. let's go guy's it's only a few dollars but together we can add up quickly!!! matching 10% you are stand up guy's I don't care what the rest of the forum say's about you guy's!!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Yup, thanks Greg for doing this...Paypal sent...
Old 04-27-2007, 03:08 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by kickinchicken996
Damn you guys, and I already sold the business or I could do it too...now I am just a poor *** workin stiff...But I will shoot over $20 via paypal to ya Greg...and nobody is gonna question the accounting...lol...except maybe Doug, but he don't count anyway!! LOL
Get a new business. It's easy! After you run out of fingers and toes you can't count any more tax people. I pay 5 taxing agencies just to turn the key in my own door. I gave up on counting a long time ago. Now I just guess at it!
Old 04-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Superstock

trinity012 is on a distinguished road
Hi Greg, paypal sent and thank you for doing it.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Administrator
World Champion

We're up to $130 now just on Paypal donations (minus fees). Good job, folks. Keep it coming!

Quick Reply: Benefit for a Friend