Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Almost run over by a bicycle.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
Almost run over by a bicycle.

So on Saturday I went out for ride in the local twisties. I got a bit quesy from rear shock dampening experiments in combination with Rock Store coffee on an empty stomach. So I pulled off in a deep corner on Decker Canyon road to relax for a bit. Same road I had a lowside on a few months back. It was a nice big corner with enough room for several cars to get completely off the road.

Anyhow while sitting up on the embankment in the shade I see a bicyclist flying down the road toward me. He looses it in the corner and slides off the road heading right for me. I rolled out the way and he piled up right where I had been sitting. He bumped his head a bit but he seemed fine. Said he hit the sand on the edge and lost his brakes. I helped him get his bike back in order and brushed him off a bit before he took off.

After I found out he was ok, I wanted to bust up laughing the whole time I was helping the guy get back on the road. The whole thing was just weirdly ironic and dementedly amusing to me because the road bicyclists that I talk to are always complaining about motorcycles running them down. Anyone else ever been run down by those demonic bicyclists hell bent on speed?

Last edited by Moto Man; 10-05-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Squid

FlamFlamMan is on a distinguished road
I've been run down by them (I've been hit by bikers in the city), but I have been one of them flying over the handle bars when you lose it going down a hill and crash into something that simply refuses to move. It isn't the most fun thing to do.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Squid

the1bolton is on a distinguished road
As a bicyclist, I find I have very little credence for safety under my own power. I can't tell you how many times I have found myself bleeding beside a good bike path. Strangley the non-blood covered injuries seem to hurt more... recently 3 weeks of bruises, 2 weeks of aches, and another 3-4 should have me back to normal! BTW, ask bundleofgrundle, I think he partakes in the same activities with similar results as of late.

Luckily on a motorcycle animals, cars, and scampering little kids seem to keep my antics at bay most of the time. I haven't fallen yet... but I'm sure it hurts more than a typical mountain biking accident.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:00 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Biker's revenge!

Those guys are braver than any sportbike rider. Because they wear basically no protection to cut down on weight and are always getting passed by pickups with tow mirrors.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:35 PM
COBB Member
Superstock

stebbdt is on a distinguished road
Well almost.. kinda sorta.. years ago, I Pulled up to a stop sign, gonna take a right turn, look left, all clear, start to go, WHOA! there's this cyclist right there, riding against traffic, almost crashes into me, then proceeds to mother-f**k me for almost running him down. lol, I allways look right now too, just in case.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:25 PM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
Walk around midtown/lower Manhattan at lunch hour... it will only take about 5 blocks before some idiot lunch delivery guy carrying 15 bags of food, going against traffic, comes close to plowing you over. I've been hit/grazed by these clowns 2 times this summer alone and have seen countless "accidents"... most of the time the idiot on the bike gets the worst of it... and in almost every case, deservingly so...

Also I don't know if it's a NYC thing, but most bicyclist here HATE cars because they feel they don't get respect as a vehicle on the road... and feel we should give them bike only lanes on every road in NYC... yet they run red lights, ignore all traffic signals/signs, drive against traffic, and fail to yield to any pedestrians.... I f-ing hate bicyclist in NYC.

Rant over....

J.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:36 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
I'm not a fan of road bicycles at all. But hey! Its America! Do what you want! I think they are dangerous as ****, and I would never ride a bicycle on the side of a mountain road. Now mountain biking is a whole other story....I love that.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:18 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SlowHAWK
I've been hit/grazed by these clowns 2 times this summer alone and have seen countless "accidents"... most of the time the idiot on the bike gets the worst of it... and in almost every case, deservingly so...
I don't mind insane/wreckless bikers too much, whether they're on a GSXR or a Huffy, because like you said, the problem basically solves itself. It's only a matter of time before they're operating a motorized wheel chair or pushing daisies.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:47 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
Biker's revenge!

Those guys are braver than any sportbike rider. Because they wear basically no protection to cut down on weight and are always getting passed by pickups with tow mirrors.
they all just wanna be like lance... in their tangerine speedos... then they take a big chance...and when they crash they say wawawawawawa...