Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Admin

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Admin

Hey folks. I've been blessed off by the upper management to be an additional admin on the forum. If there's anything anyone needs let me know.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:44 PM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
I could use some sprockets, a new front end, rebuild kit for my brakes and clutch, new ss lines, um... some lightweight wheels, pistons, cams, and an akro full exhaust... oh a cbr1000rr too :P
Old 08-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
The 1000RR is for sale. $8500 and it's yours! The rest...well....you can't win the lottery if you don't play. :-)
Old 08-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Squid

miken996
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
The 1000RR is for sale. $8500 and it's yours! The rest...well....you can't win the lottery if you don't play. :-)
Common man I didnt mean to make you sell your CBR1000r
Old 08-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Nah, been thinking about this for some time now. I'm going with a smaller displacement triple. Can you guess?

Still keeping the Superhawk of course. It's like a part of me.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:40 PM
Squid

miken996
Nah, been thinking about this for some time now. I'm going with a smaller displacement triple. Can you guess?

Still keeping the Superhawk of course. It's like a part of me.
AGREED!! The superhawk is a fantasitc bike a triple would be cool!!
Old 08-04-2006, 12:14 AM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
675 correct? I've been eyeing it. stock ss lines too.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Congrats on becoming an AA!

The 675 just won BOTY from Motorcyclist. I've had my eye on that one for awhile now too, since it was introduced, but I figured I'd wait a few years for Triumph to work out any teething problems.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Seems there are very few teething problems with the bike. A few loose nut, bolts, and hose clamps and a problem with overspray in fuel tanks have been identified and fixed. I've done my research. Folks over on the Triumph675.net forum are very cool as well....almost as cool as you guys!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:16 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Seems there are very few teething problems and a problem with overspray in fuel tanks have been identified and fixed.
Yep, Iknow 3 guys that own them and they've all had that problem. Another thing is there's a lack of aftermarket stuff but I'm sure that will be a temp. problem. Not a lot of track stuff yet either but no biggie if you don't track it....hmm sounds familiar.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

I guess those Hinckley boys finally figured out their bikes. If only they could drive on the right side now...
Old 08-04-2006, 12:43 PM
MotoGP

Funniest thing is how they said they made a bike for the street and not to compete with Japan, yet it's the best track bike they've made yet. What was this thread about again? Oh it took 3rd in the bike master comp too, where it competed againts 600's, 750, and 1000's. Some writters even put down thier best lap times.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

Best trackbike, but not racebike.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:02 PM
MotoGP

I know some guys that are doing pretty well racing them right now. The SV guys are pissed because they can race in the same class and then they'll race againts the 600's too. What Triumph was a better race bike?
Old 08-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

Originally Posted by superhawk22
I know some guys that are doing pretty well racing them right now. The SV guys are pissed because they can race in the same class and then they'll race againts the 600's too. What Triumph was a better race bike?
The 675 is legal tender in the SV650 class?? That, I did not know. All I know is they aren't allowed in the 600 class, and that's where you make your name known.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:07 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Congrats to TXSuperChicken, our newest moderator as of today!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Congrats to TXSuperChicken, our newest moderator as of today!
Ahh, gee, and I was trying to stay in the back gound... Just lending a helping hand.. This is a very tame site,,, and it takes me just a few minutes to do here what takes me hours on the other place I MOD at.. So.. It's kind of a working vacation when I come to SH.com
Old 08-16-2006, 04:30 AM
Administrator
World Champion

I can't see spending that much time on the computer a day, let alone one site! That's why I volunteered for the mod here. This forum really has a bunch of mature folks and is never a problem.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:51 AM
MotoGP

Mature?? problem free maybe but mature?
Old 08-16-2006, 04:51 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
I can't see spending that much time on the computer a day, let alone one site! That's why I volunteered for the mod here. This forum really has a bunch of mature folks and is never a problem.
This is an easy site to work with, Thats for sure.

I spend a few hours a day on the other site... some of that is just what I would anyway.. and it's during that time I come across most of the stuff I need to do something about. So the MOD time is just kind of absorbed. The other time I spend there is purely MOD time.. we get report notices of an issue, or a PM. I used to do a lot of that during the day... but now no longer have access to that site from work,,, ,, though I can still get to SH...LOL.

Bottom line… the MOD work is easy enough,,,is a way I can give back to the online communities I take from, and mostly it’s an enjoyment, to help out. So not really “work” It also helps that I have wireless throughout my house and shop….so a computer is always near me. I can do little bits here and there in the “white space” on my calendar/task lists/honey do’s/bike maintenance.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:21 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
The admin/mod's latest tool:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

:-)
Old 08-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Seņor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
Congrats and thanks, TXSuperChicken!

So we've got two recently added moderators. Hopefully one of you two can clear something up for me, because I've been thinking...

I know a lot of the helpful mod(ification) posts are basically a "do at your own risk" kinda deal, but there are a lot of hardcore (I know, I sound 15. How about "extremely useful") posts that could be consolidated into knowledge base posts. Basically, I'm not familar with the M.O. for that kinda stuff.

For example, there could be a post on suspension where 2/3rds of the posts are golden, and another 1/3rd are opinions directly conflicting with the consensus. Is it for anyone to decide if this information is beneficial enough to everyone that it belongs in the knowledge base, or is it expected that moderators be consulted on such things?

Basically, not everyone agrees on "facts." Is it okay for me or anyone else to make a knowledge base thread with links to other threads that contain questionable as well as worthy information? or even solely questionable information, just for a frame of reference?

And one more thing, I'm not sure the best way to link to certain threads. Some of the time when someone links to another thread, it doesn't work. Specifically, it's the ones that say viewtopic, instead of showthread, that don't work.

Anway, thanks for all you folks do to keep the site running and under control.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:35 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by superbling

A sticky perhaps?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:36 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by superbling

"It's always better to post in an existing thread than to start a new one."

With enough noodling around in my brain, I came to that conclusion, though I never realized it was supposed to be common knowledge.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Administrator
World Champion

I love that link! LOL.

Scoob (is it okay if I call you that?),

Damn, I'd love to try to consolidate all the great info that this site has to offer. There's a hidden reason behind the fact that I haven't updated my website in so long. There's just so much information here and on the rest of the 'net that there's no way to encompass it all in one site....much less one FAQ in this forum. There's always someone doing something different. For example, I'm considering using 43mm GSX-R600 forks inside a VFR800 triple clamp. Will it work? I dunno. I may try if I can get all the measurements together. If it works I'll post it up with all the info I have gathered. What other fork swaps have been done? Easy. Just search the site. Can TX and I try to sort out two and a half years of info this site has generated? Not a chance. What we can do as a community is to write good solid informational threads and then we'll move them to the Knowledge Base section after review. That's probably the best we can do. My intentions as "moderator" was to keep this as non-labor-intensive as possible. I have no desire to change the site much, if at all. I'd like to keep it as Michael intended from the start - with as little intervention and "moderating" as possible.

What I would like to do is try to bring the VTR community together a little more. I was thinking of a yearly get together, a rally of sorts, so that we can get to know each other by face rather than by screen name. I started with the locator to help identify where owners live. That will at least be a start and will help determine the best location for said rally.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:06 PM
MotoGP

From the looks of that a deals gap rally may be in order?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:09 PM
SuperSport

Sounds good, Hawkrider. I was definitely coming from that direction; there is way too much information for a couple/few mods to wade through. It seemed worth bringing to light, though. Now we're all on the same page about that.

Also, Scoob is fine. I hear it all the time. About 10 years ago in high school, my friend decided one day that I was Scooby. His exact words were, "You know what? You're Scooby." And then it snowballed. It won't go away, and I don't even have a bomb-*** story to tell. I was never really into making stuff up, even for entertainment value.

And good idea about getting everyone together offline. Deals Gap would be great, of course, even though I'm 7 hours from it. I definitely like the idea of doing some mountain riding away from as many blueberries and cherries as possible, if ya know what I mean. Well, I just hope I'm there, whenever it goes down.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Did someone say "Deals Gap" Group Ride? I'm in. It's about 3 1/2 hours from me.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:44 AM
Administrator
World Champion

It's like 10 hours for me, but I'm willing to do this. I don't think this year will be doable since it's pretty short notice for many, and the riding season is starting to come to a close. I will start a new thread on this.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:54 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
September and October are great months to ride in the hills of NC/TN.
Planning a group ride in the spring sounds good too. Anyway, I'm in.

Quick Reply: Admin