Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 01:23 AM
That one guy
Back Marker

Meier Link is on a distinguished road

So I thought downing my bike hurt like hell but today showed there can always be worse. Sorry about the rant but I want to rant and this gives me the ability to do so with out judgement, or right now a care.

My father passed away tonight. He was fine yesterday and took my children for the night. He called me this morning as I awoke as he always did. I thought it was him doing the normal update on my kids that has happened religiously.

As I woke up and picked up the phone, today was different. He was calling me to tell me he thought he was sick and asked if I could come pick my kids up early.

My dad was someone that never let anyone know he was hurt so this threw me off. I found my father on the ground at his house as my kids played yet still worrying. Apparently he kept assuring them he was fine. He wasn't.

I helped him into his bed and he quickly fell asleep. I knew something wasn't right. I called 911. The paramedics wouldn't tell me much outside they thought it was bad.

They were right. His blood pressure had spiked and caused a rupture in the base of his brain. By the time they got him to the hospital he was brain dead.

We requested him to be taken off of life support due to his DNI and DNR. Legally they couldn't because in the end he checked the donor box and that supercedes any other directives.

We were forced to sit there for almost 12 hours knowing he was gone.

My father was a great man and proved so in death as his body will hopefully give life to someone less fortunate.

I make this post to inform. We didn't know that by being an organ donor in most states supercedes other written documents. Most people don't know this. I say this not in discouragement but awareness.

I also am making this rant to remind people that life is short and precious. Don't take it for granted. I agreed to let my kids call and talk to their grandpa for the last time. They wanted to do so knowing little and everything. They were with my mother for the night. My heart shattered as I heard the hurt in their heart. Their grandpa meant everything to them.

Please, I beg of you, take a moment of your time daily to let the people around you know that you love them. It doesn't have to be words. Actions mean so much more then words.....

Last edited by Meier Link; 11-08-2015 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:07 AM
Back Marker

Pidge is on a distinguished road
Sorry for your loss. When you get through some of the fog hop on the VTR, wheelies, burn outs.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:50 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Sounds like your dad was a good man & some of that lives on in you. Peace brother.