Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:13 AM
JAMES
Superstock
Superstock

Pimpsterbim1 is on a distinguished road
Anyone try Jackets_4_Bikes Ebay Store?

http://stores.ebay.com/Jackets-4-Bik...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

They have realy good prices... 99.8% feedback (9,500 score)... and will exchange sizes for free, you just pay to ship it back.

I'm thinking about ordering a leather jacket, cheap ebay stuff just scares me..
Old 09-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Back Marker

scarface is on a distinguished road
i bought my Jacket there. I love it

this is the one I got.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RACER...9808QQtcZphoto

I had to exchange sizes, and it went very smoothly.

Sizes seems to run a bit on the big side.

ONLY downfall I found is the armor is in pockets inside the liner, and they dont like to stay in place very well. I solved this by getting double sided velcro and sticking them in place.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:37 AM
JAMES
Superstock
Superstock

Pimpsterbim1 is on a distinguished road
Hows the lenghth?
I'm prety tall (6'5", but i do have a short torso for my hieght..and 200lbs).. i tried on a Joe Rocket size 48 yesterday.. fit great but would realy like it to be annother inch or two longer..
Old 09-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Back Marker

scarface is on a distinguished road
the length fit me perfect. Im 6ft, 195 lbs. I got the XL, but I could have easily gotten a size L.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 AM
New Hawk Rider
Superstock

eersfanpilot is on a distinguished road
Great find. I am shopping for a jacket right now and will probably end up buying from these guys.

Pimpster, I am with you. I am 6'4" and the arm length is the worry area for me. I have tried on some in the stores and they always look like kids clothes. I think the XL would work from these guys though.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:45 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I worked for a millionaire in the apparel industry and it was a great big eye-opener! These jackets look really good but there's a few things you might like to know about the industry that I had no clue about until I worked for Brian.

He wasn't in the league of Eve, or Pierre, or Joe Rocket. He worked the second or third tier down. Sears, Bananna Republic, etc. He would work with designers, choose the styles that he thought would sell, fly to the Far East and blast out a few hundred of every size and color then hit the fashion shows where the buyers for these companies either hit on you or dismiss you. You are either a millionaire or you go home.

The people that sew together the sample line are not the people that make the run if it goes big. They just do the samples.

It appears that these garments are from that kind of production. Nothing wrong with that or the quality of the clothes. You wanna find a hard audience - try selling clothes - for next year - to anyone. But especially professional buyers for big companies.

That all being said, be aware that these short-run shops are working for retailers around the globe. Sizes vary and so listen to the others. The seller knows this and thusly his no hassle size return policy. That's a good thing.

Some of these jackets are really good looking. If you're in the South watch for key words about perf and vents.

For a hundred bucks you can always give it to Uncle Earnie if it doesn't fit. He'll wear it three times a year and feel like a stud every time.

Hope this helps and happy hunting!