Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

WTB plastics and bar ends

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Squid

superchicken_on_roids is on a distinguished road
WTB plastics and bar ends

I am tired up focusing on the go fast parts and want to actually have a presentable looking bike. The fairings on both sides are fixable but I'm lazy and would rather have a set that just need painted and I also need both bar ends ( believe it or not someone stole them off the bike while parked on campus ) other than that the rest of the parts I can readily find on flea bay or make in the machine shop. oh could also use a small inter cooler from like maybe a talon or mazda ( needs to fit under the seat ) the bike seems to be getting pre detonation on hot days or when I don't pour 1/2 a bottle of octane booster in the tank ) and I do not want to turn the boost down its too fun like it is
Old 12-03-2009, 02:58 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Did you say turn the boost down?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:17 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superchicken_on_roids
I do not want to turn the boost down its too fun like it is
Yes you did... you can't say something like that on here without posting pics and more info
Old 12-03-2009, 05:44 AM
Superstock

Mike996 is on a distinguished road
Do you have stock clip-ons? I have a set of polished aluminum bar ends at my house. I bought a set of VFR clip-ons and i dont think they will fit. Ill check when i get home if you dont get a response before then.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Squid

I finished the bike prob about a year ago. Took a borg werner turbo form a 89 ford probe GT and rebuilt it and ported and clipped the compressor wheel set to 9 lbs of boost. I've got a stock intercooler from an eagle talon mounted under the seat and the motor I bought from a local shop near my house, it was built with intentions of handling boost but the guy ran out of funds and I got a steel on the engine complete with DaVinci carbs and low compression pistons and magnesium rods, dont know much about the valve train except I hope it doesn't break. The chassis is from my old superchicken that had the famous CCT failure and decided to breath new life into it. With all the time That was put into it I need to make it not fugly. I previously used the bike for jouvenile acts like I am sure noone will admit to doing themselves, so it is safe to say it is rough looking. Tail and tank and upper fairing are mint but thats about it. However the biggest complaint I have is how it sounds, A v-twin on boost doesn't sound as good as u might think. Kind of reminds me diesel truck running on a few dead cylinders, everyone thinks it is broken until I wail on it. When I pull the bike out of storage in the spring to put any winter goodies on, I should prob get some pics up here.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Squid

and Mike I'm def interested in the bar ends let me know how much you want for them shipped. thanks