Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

WTB: FULL SET OF BODYWORK

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 06:01 AM
Squid

compmoto is on a distinguished road
WTB: FULL SET OF BODYWORK

clean is prefered, but may consider scratched, if there is NO rash, and it's NOT cracked or broken in any way. Any color. I have a perfect blue tailpiece from another source.The bodywork on the bike is red (amateur job), and not cracked.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Squid

I suppose I'm painting what I have...

I can do a better job than what I have on the parts now...I was hoping to find some blue pieces to go with the perfect tail cowling, I don't mind switching from red bodywork to blue. I am not sure what year the VTR1000 came blue.Does anyone have details on the blue color code? I can match it @ Mattos... thanx
Old 07-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Blue was only on the 2003 model year. The color code is PB215C Candy Tahitian Blue
Old 07-31-2008, 05:56 AM
Squid

info

thanx, Hawkrider, I appreciate that paint detail. I, like others have just now "realized" the VTR1000. Most folks must generally only acknowledge the inline 4 cyl. bikes, UNLESS it's a Ducati. This '98 model, I purchased last year for $2500. , with 10,380 miles, has a Jardine RT-ONE pipe, but otherwise stock.It seems to be jetted correctly, but I haven't had to go into the bike that far yet.The previous owner had dropped it, and subsequently re-painted the red bodywork.It's not to nice of a job, and in my quest to have extra bodywork, I picked up a perfect blue tail cowl.I'm a "blue" kinda guy anyhow,so it won't hurt my feelings too bad to shoot the bodywork I now have, the same color ...I'm "checking the waters" to see if any other blue pieces could be had to lessen my time involved in changing the color of my Hawk...I also need a connector pipe, for the left side exhaust.The Jardine site didn't list the part as serviceable.I'll call their "tech-support" dept. to see for certain.I saw another recent post of someone else looking for a similar piece for his Jardine exhaust.I'm wondering what, if any luck he's had in finding his part/s...?I've already replaced the footpeg/shifter/bracket assy. the previous owner trashed in his mishap.

Last edited by compmoto; 07-31-2008 at 06:00 AM.