Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

WTB: Dr Honda Velocity Stacks

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 01:44 PM
Squid

Livefreeordie89 is on a distinguished road
WTB: Dr Honda Velocity Stacks

As the title states, looking for a pair of velocity stacks, PM me with what you got.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:14 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
You won't find them. Any event who has them won't part with the. The only source is HPower in Australia which is where I got mine. The Dr. Hondas are just a copy of the HPowers which are a copy of the HRCs
Old 05-10-2014, 09:02 AM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
The link to Dr. Honda is A&L Motorsports. I don't know if he is still making them.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:58 AM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
I contacted A&L but he never contacted me back. I'm pretty sure he know longer has nor produced them. I'd get them from HPower. Bill, the owner is very knowledgeable on the VTR and gave me a lot of helpful info on tuning. I'm not sure if once they are gone, he will have anymore produced. The only other source would be if someone got there hands on the CAD file and had the means to produce them. Someone posted recently about having the machines to do it and wanted the file. Not sure if the outcome though.

The HPowers gave me a 3hp increase which gave me a peak of 113hp but gave me an awesome 5hp increase right in the midrange. Plus about 2-3 Hp more everywhere else in the Rev range. With the proper Dyno tuning of course. Very happy with the purchase.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:56 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jscobey
You won't find them. Any event who has them won't part with the. The only source is HPower in Australia which is where I got mine. The Dr. Hondas are just a copy of the HPowers which are a copy of the HRCs
Do you have a link for HPower? I can't find them.

Just found them

http://www.hpower.com.au/bike.html
Old 05-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Squid

Mikael is on a distinguished road
A&L has sold his store to another company, they have bought all his equipment and files. According to him the new owners will eventually be producing all the items he made, but really who knows if they will.

So as of now the only place to buy the stacks is from HPower in Australia (Link above) unless someone hits their head and sells a set or finds someone to make sets.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
A&L has sold his store to another company, they have bought all his equipment and files. According to him the new owners will eventually be producing all the items he made, but really who knows if they will.
That's a shame, but I guess if demand is there they will start making them, so I suggest anyone wanting some to at least make an email enquiry.

(:-})
Old 05-12-2014, 12:26 AM
SuperSport

NZSpokes is on a distinguished road
Ive got a local guy that can make them but its very expensive.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:55 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
What's "very" expensive.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:17 PM
road racer v2 power
Superstock
Superstock

lloydievtr is on a distinguished road
I'm going to see my engineer next week to see what he will charge for making them
Old 10-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Squid

Varastorm is on a distinguished road
Ducati 916 trumpets on VTR 1000 carbs
Right then, I have been reading up lots on velocity stacks! Long & short, big & small, different edge radius for the mouth section etc.
There are many variations & more specifically, where the owner/tuner requires the torque & horsepower to be in the rev range!
I am not very knowledgeable on the subject but what I have gathered is that the standard VTR 1000 inlet trumpets can be improved upon!
So here goes.
My initial plan was to save up & purchase some Dr Honda/Moriwaki designed & copied (via CAD drawings) trumpets from EBay (US) £160 - £190 Quid…….. Plus import duties etc.
So I hatched another plan!
Use the lower half of a VTR trumpet & mating it to a Ducati 916 bell mouth!
Think about it, all the hard work has already been done on the velocity radius & we all know it works well, very well!
  • Find a set of similar standard OEM trumpets that are already manufactured to a superior design & get them to fit the carbs!
  • The Ducati 916 trumpets seems to fit the bill, similar 1 litre’ish engine, 115 HP so must gulp around the same amount of petrol & air as the VTR!
  • First problem, 916 trumpets are 54mm!! So that means they are way too big to fit straight on to the carburettors via lathe work.
  • 54mm does sound quite large compared to the standard 48mm Honda VTR, but the VTR trumpet is a conical 47mm long tube/trumpet, which starts off life as 48mm & increases to 56.5mm diameter before it starts the small bell mouth radius top edge.
  • I am looking into using two standard long VTR trumpets, & modifying them both above the securing/mounting plates. The mounting of the trumpets to the air box remains the same, but you need to cut/remove the external webbing above the mounting flanges to accept a rubber pipe to slide over & join the two modified trumpet sections together.
  • The VTR trumpet length is 47mm; you need to remove the top 21mm to get down to the required 54mm internal diameter (the same diameter as the Ducati 916 trumpet). Remember the further you cut the smaller it gets!
  • Then the Ducati trumpets need to be cut down to whatever length you want, 10mm+ it’s up to you, just make sure you have enough to jubilee a hose on!!
  • Finally, after deciding what length trumpets you want, make sure that when the two half’s of the trumpets are butted together they are a good snug fit. Then all that is required is to slip some rubber pipe over both ends & jubilee clip them together! Same way the carburettors are attached to the cylinder head!
  • BTW I have read that the Ducati ST4's have slighter smaller 50mm trumpets, which would allow you shorter trumpets..... just some ideas guys!
  • Please remember this is an idea! I have not done this mod yet, just waiting for all the parts to arrive from EBay, £15 so far for the Ducati trumpets.
  • Wish me luck & will update.
  • If it does work I might buy some proper Dr Honda ones.
  • Regards.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:23 PM
SuperSport

NZSpokes is on a distinguished road
Mikael may still have some as he did a run a couple of months ago. I got some.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:53 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
I have three sets of the Dr.Honda Velocity stacks.. Got the sets in trades, and on a 2000 I bought for parts.
I read about the benefits the group was having.
and I don't remember what the sets were being sold for.............