Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

SPAM

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Back Marker

vtrgeoff
SPAM

Hi Folks

It is with a heavy heart that I offer my 1999 VTR1000F for sale.

Here is a list of the upgrades I have made:

Racetech .8kg fork springs
Heli-Bars
SECDEM HP Windscreen
Custom made braided SS clutch & front brake lines. The fellow who made the lines did not recommend a braided line for the rear unless I was planning on taking it to the track. The bike has not seen the track. The rear brake line is stock.
Grand Touring USA hand grips
Grip heaters
Napoleon Barend mirrors
LP tank bra
Sargent World Sport Saddle
Exhaust headers have been ceramic coated (looks like brushed aluminum)
V&H S4 slipons
APE Manual Cam Chain tensioners (installed at around 20,000km)
Ohlins shock
NWS Black plastic hugger
Taillocker (provides enough underseat storage for a full rainsuit)
Ventura Sportrack & Grabrail

The carbs have been jetted (Factory Stage 1) and currently have the stock idle jet, mains are 180 fr and 182 rr, needle is Factory with the clip in the middle slot, mixture screws set at 2.75 turns out. I am running the stock air filter.

Hydraulic fluids have been replaced every other year, with the latest replacement done this spring. Rads flushed and fresh coolant installed last year. New HH sintered brake shoes were installed front & back this spring.

Valves were checked this spring. They are still within factory spec. They have never been shimmed.

PAIR system has been removed and discarded. Still running the original regulator/rectifier and battery.

I run Valvoline dino oils exclusively....10W40 in spring & fall and 20W50 in the hot months. Oil is replaced every 3000km. Oil filter replaced every 3rd or 4th oil change.

I have the OEM windscreen, clipons, mirrors and seat. I have two sets of stock mufflers, one unmolested and one with the baffles removed. And I have a full set of V&H mid pipes and two extra V&H S4 slipons, one good, one with cosmetic damage. I have a factory shop manual. I have new OEM sprockets ready to go in the next time the chain is replaced. The current chain, a DID X-ring 530, has approximately 30,000km on it. Lubed every 500km, still in the green zone on the adjuster. Tires are Bridgestone BT010 on the front and BT021 on the rear. Both have approximately 10,000km wear.

Now for the bad news. The bike was highsided two years ago. The crash was low speed and the damage was all cosmetic. There are a few scrapes on the RS engine case and the RS bar end weight. All dented/bent/broken bits were replaced/repaired and repainted to OEM Honda paint codes. Broken/bent stuff replaced included the gas tank, RS mirror, RS fairing. LS fairing and tail piece were repaired, Ricky Racer cowl has fresh clear coat.

There is more, but this'll do for starters.

The price? Firm at $4500CDN. If the price goes down, some of the goodies come off.

My reason for selling is simple, and has nothing to do with the condition of the VTR.

I was laid off earlier this summer. When my financial advisor added my buy-out to our retirement savings, there was enough $$ for me to retire. So I did. My wife, bless her heart, said that now was the time for her to get back into riding (pillion only unfortunately) and I was mandated to find a replacement for the VTR; something that was comfortable for two up riding. The deal is in the works for a 2004 Moto Guzzi EV, not a rocketship by any means, but it's a bike that will outhandle most V-Twin tourers and a large number of wannabe racers ....

Ya want pics? Ping me at geoffrey dot helmes at sympatico dot ca.

Cheers!

Geoff in Almonte
Old 08-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Moved to Classifieds.

Man, Geoff I'm sorry to see this happening. Hopefully you'll poke around every so often and offer up some of your knowledge and advice. You've done a lot to your bike and although it sucks to get rid of her because she is truly "yours" this is an opportunity to build and customize another bike to your liking.

Hey, how many total miles/km on the beast?
Old 08-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Back Marker

vtrgeoff
Last I looked the odo read 122,000km. I would guesstimate the percentage of hiway riding to be in the high nineties.

This bike has been my daily rider since I bought it new in July of 1999.

I worked 60 hiway km from my home so there was a minimum of 300km per week just doing the drone on the four lanes. April to October. Do the math. And add in annual treks to Laconia, Parry Sound and usually one or two other weekenders, plus recreational riding thru the Lanark County Highlands on any sunday.

I really love this bike. It's clean, it's sorted, and it handles like it's on rails. Plus it has that big V-Twin thunder that we all love so much.

No tire kickers, please. Serious inquiries only.

G
Old 08-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Superstock

redman is on a distinguished road
Hi Geoff...don't know you but sorry to hear you must sell.
I happen to have a pair of almost unused RaceTech .9 springs for the front that are too stiff for my 160lbs, even though I ride hard.
If the buyer of your bike wants RT .90 springs I'd be happy to trade. Also, if you decide to sell the Ohlins separately....I'll be first in line if you'd be so kind. Been looking for a while.
Good luck to you and .....THE NEW BIKE!!! Many happy trails ahead.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Superstock

Whoops...
and the Ventura system and the Sargent seat....ok, I'll stop...sorry.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Superstock

No bites???

bump
Old 09-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Back Marker

Tom Blum is on a distinguished road
I'm looking for a set of stock mufflers.

Had you considered selling any of the extras al a carte??

Tom
Old 09-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Back Marker

vtrgeoff
1999 Black Firestorm for sale

bump

Dont mean to upset anyone with this relist, but my PC was infected with a really nassssssty virus and we had to flash our hard drive & reinstall XP and all of our other misc. software.

Gone is all of our data, emails and our bootleg copy of Office 2000.

Anyone who may have been attempting to contact me will have to resend.

Bike is still for sale, odo now reads 125,000KM....

Cheers!

G