Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

SOLD - Tokico Six Pot Front Brake Calipers From a 01-02 GSXR1000

Old 12-17-2009, 10:12 AM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
SOLD - Tokico Six Pot Front Brake Calipers From a 01-02 GSXR1000

Selling a set of Tokico sixpots. Good condition overall, some marks, 1/4 pad left. Asking $175 shipped (ConUSA), or feel free to make an offer through eBay (shipping charges will apply). http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170421401593

Old 12-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Superstock

Billzilla15 is on a distinguished road
DANG... Wish i had money....
Old 12-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Superstock

t-dogg is on a distinguished road
pm'ed
Old 12-17-2009, 03:56 PM
MotoGP

SOLD! Thanks t-dogg!
Old 12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
do these bolt right up on a hawk?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:24 PM
MotoGP

yup.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:28 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Ouch! Great gear, Inde!

What I run and what I bought for another member for his bike two+ years ago. At the time we bought ours, new ones from Suzuki were about $200 each. I think I paid $125-130 for mine - $145-155 for his set.

This what is happening to our bikes - parts and their availability are continuing to disappear. With your parts biz you could sell rc51 or f4i calipers pre-ground for those that don't have the skills or the tools. For that matter, you could package a kit, refurbed calipers, new pads included with the kit, SS lines to make the kit flexible for several bar configurations. Mine were so tight when I modded my bike it was a matter of mms to make it fit. A little loose would be good.

This is a huge improvement of the performance of the rider - not the bike. The bike knows how to go fast - it has no clue how to stop.

This was my first focus of survival after buying the bike. A short 70 yard stop from a hundred was the only lesson I needed. Now I can stoppie at a hundred. It's kinda loud but it works real good.

Last edited by nuhawk; 12-17-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:57 PM
SuperBike

with no mods they bolt right up, no spacers, no nothing? they sweep the rotors in the proper place? everything lines up properly? wow!
Old 12-17-2009, 04:59 PM
SuperBike

did a search and i see the mod!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:39 PM
MotoGP

By the time the ice goes out next spring make sure that you have a hundred bucks in reserve so you can pull the trigger on the next set that comes up. There was a trough in prices after I bought ours. Got down near a $100. They have been building back up since then. Not many offered.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:48 PM
MotoGP

These are getting harder to find as time goes on... I didn't see any listed on eBay when I went to price shop this set. It's funny that you mention selling pre-modified F4i and RC51 calipers... I was just thinking that the other day. The only problem is we are a two man operation working 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week... I'll never find the time. Between keeping records, making/receiving phone calls, breaking down bikes, listing bikes, packing up items, networking, recycling, etc... We hardly have time to breathe. Can't wait to get big enough for employee's... and a book keeper!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:50 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by finepooch
with no mods they bolt right up, no spacers, no nothing? they sweep the rotors in the proper place? everything lines up properly? wow!
Yup...no mods needed. It would be nice if the stock rotors were 297's instead of 296's... but they still work perfectly.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Just_Nick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by inderocker
Yup...no mods needed. It would be nice if the stock rotors were 310s instead of 296's... but they still work perfectly.
Fixed.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:58 PM
MotoGP

Can't wait to get big enough for employee's... and a book keeper!
Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited by nuhawk; 12-17-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:02 AM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
I installed six pot calipers a couple months back. What's the hot set up in brake pads? Mainly for street and freeway riding.

Also, what master cylinders are the rest of you six potters running? I'm still using the stock S'Hawk m/c.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Back Marker

Spaz' is on a distinguished road
Nekkid: Quoting myself from another post I was apart of over the summer (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=20121):

"
Just installed 929 MC and '01 GSX-R 1000 6 pots three days ago.
I just got done installing my '01 CBR 929 MC along with the '01 GSX-R 1000 6 pot calipers three days ago - both from eBay. I went with EBC HH pads ($84). The MC cost me ~$60 shipped to me, and the calipers were $105 shipped. I'm being very careful about breaking them in, but even as it all stands I think that I'll be going with the SS braided lines soon with double banjo bolt bleed nipple thingy for the MC from Goodridge when I do so. At the time of all of this happening I'll flush everything with Motul 600 (Did I get the name right?) brake fluid (Got it as a gift - I'd never spend such money on something like that, but very grateful none the less.).
Maybe I should have given the GSX-R 1000 MC a try, but there wasn't much to be offered here and there when I looked. So whatever. As it stands, there is definately a difference, but with this mod' I've done, clearly there is more level pull there than with the stock setup - naturally however, there is clearly a difference in the available stopping ability. I'm taking my time being gentle with them for the time being as I want a really healthy break in. But this cost me $260 or something so far and when I'm done with the SS lines and the banjo bolt bleed nipple... ...jeesh. I dunno. I got other things I need to spend my money on.
In addition, when I tear everything down for the SS and Motul install/flush I may even replace the piston gaskets on the calipers. I think one of them may be a lil' sticky (Retracts to much) - maybe at least one on each caliper."

-Spaz'
Old 12-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Superstock

t-dogg is on a distinguished road
SOLD! Thanks t-dogg!
No thank you! Have been lookin on ebay for months for a set and have found nothin. Cant wait to put them on and go flyin over the windscreen lol..
Old 12-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nekkid
Also, what master cylinders are the rest of you six potters running? I'm still using the stock S'Hawk m/c.
Still running stock MC with SS lines. Got a F4i MC waiting in the wings for the time to install it. Should be good to go after that. One finger as it is right now.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:51 AM
Back Marker

NAVY8TR is on a distinguished road
I'm running the gsxr MC with the 6-pots, i guess to keep things consistent, and it was included with everything i bought. i put on new ebc-hh pads after a week or so, the pads that i got with the callipers weren't that great. it was a big improvement made bigger with new pads, the gsxr calipers/MC are better than stock hawk, best bang for buck was new pads though.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:34 AM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the replies, guys. Keep 'em coming! Any thoughts on Vesrah pads?
Old 12-19-2009, 07:51 AM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
I've got EBC HH on the OEM calipers and it was night and day from the original pads. You can hear them when you brake. Never read anyone mentioning that before. Makes me wonder what I'm doing to the rotors but for now I'm happy.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nekkid
I installed six pot calipers a couple months back. What's the hot set up in brake pads? Mainly for street and freeway riding.

RC51 MC, SS lines, DOT 5.1 fluid, EBC HH pads, OEM disks.
Not overly impressed. Better then stock, but not what I was looking for. Caliper and MC rebuild kits are waiting for me at the house. I’ll pop in a new set of pads and we will see what is what.. Bed in the new pads and go from there. If they still are not where I want them, Then it’s time for a new front end.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Squid

rus32 is on a distinguished road
He will take care of you

Awesome man to deal with. bought some stuff from this guy and saved some money. Keeps his word on discounts
Thank you bunch