Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Seeking opinions, Moriwaki Zero full exhaust

Old 06-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Superstock
Superstock

wyldryce is on a distinguished road
Seeking opinions, Moriwaki Zero full exhaust

Hello gang.

As you may remember, I'm the guy with the expensive Aluminum harris tank elsewhere here in the listings. My bike has a few goodies that are hard/impossible to replace. Where I am mostly just commuting to the hospital each day rain or shine on the SH, I am starting to feel like my goodies aren't being put to best use. I just fitted the stock exhaust a few weeks back just to see how I would like it. Long story short; there's a reason people put aftermarket exhaust on our bikes!

The performance suffers a bunch, and while I could lean out the jetting a bit to make it happier with the stock exhaust, it definitely looses a few ponies, particularly down low.

In any case...I'm really wondering what value a well used Moriwaki Titanium Zero full exhaust is worth? Not sure I'd sell, as it definitely delivers in performance gains, beauty and SOUND, but I'm putting a feeler out I suppose, as I'm not using it to it's full potential anymore.

Understand that as I close in on 60k on this bike, the exhaust is far from perfect, but pretty darn serviceable. Sadly a few years ago, a reg/rect failure actually causing a overcharging/spewing of battery acid attacked the rainbow anodizing on the inside of the right can before I could neutralize it, though while on the bike this is largely out of view. The first owner of the bike rode a lot harder than I generally do, and actually beveled the left can leading edge and there are a few dents in the x-pipe, and a small one on the down pipe. So hardly perfection. But again, it looks pretty darn good. Anyway feel free to shoot me an idea of value.
Attached Thumbnails Seeking opinions, Moriwaki Zero full exhaust-moriwakismall.jpg   Seeking opinions, Moriwaki Zero full exhaust-superhawksmall.jpg  
Old 06-25-2014, 01:51 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
nice pipes. would love to have em but its just not in the budget right now. rare to see the full system though!
Old 06-25-2014, 01:56 PM
road racer v2 power
Superstock
Superstock

lloydievtr is on a distinguished road
Shame it's not the high level system as they fetch more $$$.
As it is you'll be looking at around $500-600 if it's in good condition .
And sadly you can't get the rainbow sleeves anymore as the last 3 sold earlier this year .
I paid $350 for just the headers as they were and still are in perfect condition
Old 06-25-2014, 02:40 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
My 2 cent's-I'd say they're worth at least that. I had listed and sold an Indigo full system, (chrome plated header (with brand new spare polished stainless downpipe), chrome plated high mount midpipes, spare brand new low mount polished stainless midpipes, and used but very nice carbon mufflers awhile back. Had it listed at $650 and I think I sold it for either $550 or $600 because I kinda needed the $... Biggest problem isn't what they're actually worth, like your tank, but trying to find someone wanting to actually spend that much.

Last edited by captainchaos; 06-25-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:29 AM
SuperSport

98VTRrider is on a distinguished road
I sold my moriwaki exhaust for $750 shipped I believe. They had a few small dents, and the left muffler mount was broken off.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:09 AM
Superstock
Superstock

wyldryce is on a distinguished road
I suspect you are all right, and it'd be hard to let them go, as the stockers are a bit of a bummer by comparison. My muffler tabs both have cracks and I need to find a good Ti welder in town to repair them; not a simple task, I'm finding. High mounts would certainly be more desirable I suppose, but these are so rare, and being a full system, the weight savings is definitely significant. Thanks for the opinions...maybe it's time to remount them again