Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

For Sale: Bling's VFR tank/seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
For Sale: Bling's VFR tank/seat

This is Superbling's old VFR tank and seat that I never found the time or inclination to mount on my bike.

To quote Bling: "This is my patent pending :-) large capacity 5.3 gallon VFR tank/seat combo. The seat needs a latch as I used one from a corbin that went back to that seat to sell. I may have another one by the time of sale but that's not for sure. The tank is painted a super glossy black (PPG base/clear) and has a modified VTR petcock plate so it operates the same way. It also has a stock but modified fuel sender too. This is not a factory perfect setup but it's a hell of lot cheaper than any other alternative I can find. The seat has a sargent "atomic foam" insert for more comfort since you can ride further/longer. The rear seat and seat cowl were modified (shortened) to better match the superhawk rear cowl." Here's what they looked like on his bike: https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums...ght=superbling

I can't find the post of Bling describing how he had to...adjust the bottom of the tank with a sledge and block of wood to clear the airbox but some of your might remember. Bling himself might even chime in and describe the process. Needless to say the tank and seat fit, as I did put them on to see how it all went together, but you may want to fab up a new rear tank mount because the piece of strapping on it looks a bit flimsy (no offense Bling).

Though Marmaladeboy bought it from Bling he never mounted it either. It's still in great condition, though a little dusty, and would be great for a touring SHawk rider or anybody who hates the VTR tank range...which would probably be everybody. $250 plus shipping in two boxes, one a real tank box.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
One more...

Shot of the seat underside with latch.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:15 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MisterMohawk
I can't find the post of Bling describing how he had to...

but you may want to fab up a new rear tank mount because the piece of strapping on it looks a bit flimsy (no offense Bling).
Oh, no offense taken as it was only a template for the new owner to use to make something more permanent. Actually when you bolt it to both sides of the rear tank mount and the top the bottom of the petcock plate, it's quite rigid. It just doesn't look good.

The original thread is now in the knowledge base forum:

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...read.php?t=853
Old 04-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
Thanks Doug, for that link. I couldn't find the damn thing.