Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

For Sale - 1999 Firestorm

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Back Marker

vtrgeoff
For Sale - 1999 Firestorm

Hi Folks

It is with deep regret that I offer for sale my 1999 Firestorm.

Original Owner, adult rider, very clean, well sorted.

All the right mods:

Ohlins, RaceTech, Sargent, Helibars, V&H, Ventura, etc.

Ping me via PM for more pics and other details. (no email addys per forum rules - ADMIN)

The bike is set up for SPORT touring. I have two sets of saddlebags, front and rear stands and assorted bits & pieces. ALL of the VTR related stuff goes.

I used the bike for commuting (120 KM round trip), back road scratching, and weekend touring. The mileage is a little high at 127,000km but it is almost all hiway.

The bike is located in Almonte, Ontario, Canada (app 30 miles west of Ottawa)
Old 05-07-2008, 12:47 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
78,914 miles for you metric challanged. At least it speaks well for Honda quality...

Originally Posted by vtrgeoff
Hi Folks

It is with deep regret that I offer for sale my 1999 Firestorm.

Original Owner, adult rider, very clean, well sorted.

All the right mods:

Ohlins, RaceTech, Sargent, Helibars, V&H, Ventura, etc.

Ping me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more pics and other details.

The bike is set up for SPORT touring. I have two sets of saddlebags, front and rear stands and assorted bits & pieces. ALL of the VTR related stuff goes.

I used the bike for commuting (120 KM round trip), back road scratching, and weekend touring. The mileage is a little high at 127,000km but it is almost all hiway.

The bike is located in Almonte, Ontario, Canada (app 30 miles west of Ottawa)
Old 05-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Back Marker

vtrgeoff
Cant get pics to upload....

So here is a more detailed description.....

1999 VTR1000F for sale.
127,400–ish KM
Racetech .8kg fork springs
Heli-Bars
SECDEM HP Windscreen
Custom made braided SS clutch & front brake lines. The fellow who made the lines did not recommend a braided line for the rear unless I was planning on taking it to the track. The bike has not seen the track. The rear brake line is stock.
Grand Touring USA hand grips
Grip heaters
Napoleon Barend mirrors
LP tank bra
Sargent World Sport Saddle
Exhaust headers have been ceramic coated (looks like brushed aluminum)
V&H S4 slipons
APE Manual Cam Chain tensioners (installed at around 20,000km)
Ohlins shock
NWS Black plastic hugger
Taillocker (provides enough underseat storage for a full rainsuit)
Ventura Sportrack & Grabrail

The carbs have been jetted (Factory Stage 1) and currently have the stock idle jet, mains are 180 fr and 182 rr, needle is Factory with the clip in the middle slot, mixture screws set at 2.75 turns out. I am running the stock air filter.

Hydraulic fluids have been replaced every other year, with the latest replacement done spring 2007. Rads flushed and fresh coolant installed last year. New HH sintered brake shoes were installed front & back spring 2007.

Valves were checked in the spring 2007. They are still within factory spec. They have never been shimmed.

PAIR system has been removed and discarded. I am still running the original regulator/rectifier and battery.

I run Valvoline dino oils exclusively....10W40 in spring & fall and 20W50 in the hot months. Oil is replaced every 3000km. Oil filter replaced every 3rd or 4th oil change.

I have the OEM windscreen, clipons, mirrors and seat. I have two sets of stock mufflers, one unmolested and one with the baffles removed. And I have a full set of V&H mid pipes and two extra V&H S4 slipons, one good, one with cosmetic damage. I have a factory shop manual. I have new OEM sprockets ready to go in the next time the chain is replaced. The current chain, a DID X-ring 530, has approximately 30,000km on it. Lubed every 500km, still in the green zone on the adjuster. Tires are Bridgestone BT010 on the front and BT021 on the rear. The front is OK. The rear needs to be replaced.

Now for the bad news. The bike was highsided two years ago. The crash was low speed and the damage was all cosmetic. There are a few scrapes on the RS engine case and the RS bar end weight. All dented/bent/broken bits were replaced/repaired and repainted to OEM Honda paint codes. Broken/bent stuff replaced included the gas tank, RS mirror, RS fairing. LS fairing and tail piece were repaired, Ricky Racer cowl has fresh clear coat.

There is more, but this'll do for starters.

The price? Firm at $4500CDN. If the price goes down, some of the goodies come off.

Contact Geoff at:

613-256-4285 or
contact via PM (no email addys - ADMIN)

I have pics available.......email me and I'll send them along

Thx for looking

G
Old 05-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Back Marker

vtrgeoff
Now with pics....

I hope!

G
Attached Thumbnails For Sale - 1999 Firestorm-99vtr-lhs-400x300-.jpg   For Sale - 1999 Firestorm-99vtr-fr-400x300-.jpg  
Old 05-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Back Marker

vtrgeoff
And more pics......

Cheers!

G
Attached Thumbnails For Sale - 1999 Firestorm-99vtr-rr-400x300-.jpg   For Sale - 1999 Firestorm-99vtr-rhs-400x300-.jpg  
Old 06-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Back Marker

vtrgeoff
bump