Parting out complete Black 1999 - SuperHawk Forum

Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2017, 01:17 PM   #1
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Parting out complete Black 1999

1999 BLACK PART OUT 9K MILES (ALSO PARTING OUT RED '02 IN ANOTHER POST, which will be up shortly)

Please check both posts for parts and availability as I will continually update the ads as quickly/accurately as I can. If you don't see something listed just ask. If it's not listed as "SOLD" I should still have it. More pics of parts will be added as needed (and I'll obviously go into more detail and send more detailed pics as necessary regarding particular parts). Please bear with the long post as I try to answer some questions ahead of time and get everyone on the same page since some people haven't done this before...

Parting out a 9,462 mile black '99. Bought it to use the front and rear suspension & wheels to put one of my bikes back to stock. Most everything else is up for sale, along with a few other extra parts I've had laying around. Descriptions, prices, and pics of alot/most of this stuff is below. Bike was in very good condition. It had been dropped at one point in it's life. Left fairing was professionally repainted. Otherwise not much else in the way of damage besides a SLIGHTLY tweaked but perfectly functioning radiator and an Iowa salvage title on the frame. I rode the bike several times and other than needed a carb clean/tune due to sitting engine runs perfect and bike rode perfect (again I'm planning on using all the front and rear suspension/wheels, etc on another one of my bikes. MAY sell that stuff too if there's enough demand).

Please feel free to search my previous feedback on here, I'm sure it'll speak for itself. I've been selling parts and have parted a couple bikes out on here in the past, always with good results for everyone. I also have about 16 years of 100% perfect feedback on Ebay as well. I'm not a business, so I try to price everything fairly based on what I've sold stuff for in the past and what I see stuff sell for, and try to make my stuff the least expensive for the condition it's in. If you see something similar cheaper somewhere else just let me know. Again, I'm only one person and this is not a business so please be adults. It's really inconsiderate to ask me to start boxing up combinations of parts and running around getting you shipping prices if you're not serious or just looking to fulfill your curiosity. Yes it happens all the time, and more and more often recently. Honestly a little common sense will ballpark most of the shipping prices for this stuff and honestly shipping prices shouldn't really be deal breakers for most any of this stuff anyway besides maybe something like the engine. I'm also more than willing to help people as I've always tried to do over the years but if I may please ask to keep this a classified ad and not a "how to" discussion, I'd appreciate it.

I prefer Fedex because they're close and open late enough so I can ship after I get home from work. I will drive to the post office though for certain larger items, international shipping, etc (basically whenever I feel it'll save you a significant amount on shipping). I've also always been more than happy to meet forum members within any sort of reasonable driving distance, and it's always been a pleasure to actually meet some of you. Shipping prices are not open to haggling or negotiation (a rant for another day thanks to one or two people).

I'll list a bunch of the main stuff, along with some extras I have laying around. Add will get updated as stuff sells or I find/list more stuff. Just hit me up for any other odds and ends and I'll let you know if I have it or not and work it out with you. All prices are "OBO" PLUS shipping. I do my very best to charge "actual" shipping. Payments are paypal "family" please or please add the 3% fee. Though I'll do my best to include it for an easy install please do not assume any hardware is automatically included without asking first or if I haven't mentioned it. Please don't be shy and feel free to shoot me reasonable offers. Worst I can do is meet you in the middle or say no thank you. Thanks again.

FRAME- clean, straight. 1999, Iowa salvage/rebuildable title. 8,228 miles on the title. I know we're supposed to post prices but if you can use it just make me an offer on this one... I've sold several clean title frames on here and locally on Craigslist in the $250-$300 range, so again just make me an offer. I'll do the best I can with shipping as always.

ENGINE- 1999, 9,462 miles. Again I've personally ridden the bike and the engine ran fine. Engine weighs 150 lbs and will be strapped down to a pallet for shipping. Figure total around 185 lbs, and I can get quotes off Uship and Freightcenter. Prices vary pretty wildly by shipper and even day to day so if you need an engine get in touch with me and we'll discuss it further. Good engines sell (not list but actually "sell") in the $400-$500 and up range on Ebay (plus shipping) depending on mileage so again make me a fair offer and we'll work it out. If you're within a reasonable driving distance of South Florida I can make you a pretty smoking deal and will do some driving as well. (Clutch cover on this engine is SOLD. I have another engine and can include another cover as necessary).

CARBURETORS -SOLD

RADIATORS- Left side. SOLD. Right side, slightly bent. Nothing crazy, no leaks and still mounts up fine. $40 Fan SOLD. I have 2 more good tested working fan motors with blade if you need one (no cage-just fit into yours).

MIRRORS. Emgo. A bit different shape than stock. Clean, good condition. $25 for the pair. Also have a spare right side also from Emgo-OEM style/shape, $20.

RIGHT FAIRING. Excellent used condition. A few light scratches, rubs, etc here and there but looks excellent. OEM Honda fairing with original factory paint. Original Honda fairings in good condition like these with are getting near impossible to find, and I'm not sure if they're even available new anymore from Honda (I tried ordering a new solo seat cowl a couple years ago and couldn't find one anywhere in the country). Includes air intake and inner trim piece as shown. Cleaned and waxed. $175 plus shipping.

LEFT FAIRING. Excellent used condition. This IS a repaint of an OEM Honda fairing in matching black with the correct Honda decal. It's in very nice condition. It was painted by a body shop, not a spray can. There is no repaired damage that I can see on the inside, just told it was resprayed. If you're SUPER **** like me you can see it's not QUITE as glass smooth as the OEM Honda paint, but again I'm being REALLY picky here. It's still nice and shiny and what I'm talking about is going to be unrecognizeable mounted up anywhere but Pebble Beach. Includes air intake and inner trim piece as shown. Cleaned and waxed. $175 plus shipping.

CENTER HEADLIGHT FAIRING. Nice used condition. Original Honda part and paint. No damage or broken tabs. Some scratches on the underside. Cleaned and waxed. $75 plus shipping

HEADLIGHT-the one off this bike is SOLD (I have two others available in the other listing).

FUEL TANK. Original Honda part with original paint. A few very minor blemishes here and there. Looks like two tiny VERY MINOR dings from the right handlebar which I finally just noticed (no paint damage). I tried photgraphing them but I really can't get them to even show up. Also two minor dings where a tank pad would go, again no paint damage. PDR should be able to remove. Couple little chips and scratches/general wear here and there but no big dents or rash. A little minor surface rust inside, should be fine once filled up with gas. Still looks real nice. Again, getting VERY hard to find one. Seen a clean one for sale lately? I haven't in years besides the red one on Ebay Japan for over $700 shipped. I'll include the petcock and sender. Would like to sell the lock set separately as a set. If that's a deal breaker let me know and I'll work it out. $300 plus shipping (insured via fedex should be around $60-$75)

SOLO SEAT COWL. SOLD

CHIN COWL-SOLD

GAUGES/INSTRUMENT CLUSTER. Perfect shape. 9,462 miles $100

FAIRING STAY-SOLD (I have another in the other part out).

SHOCK. SOLD ( I have another in the other post).

WIRING HARNESS. Looks like it may have had an integrated taillight at some point, otherwise all original as far as I can tell. Nothing else hacked. $75 or make me an offer if you need one

Last edited by captainchaos; 09-28-2017 at 06:24 AM.
captainchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #2
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

SUBFRAME. clean and straight. $50 I'll leave the stock (trimmed) undertail attached if you want it.

EXTRA SUBFRAME- Clean and straight. One of the crossbars looks to have been repaired. $25.

STOCK SEAT. SOLD

PASSENGER PEGS-very nice. They all lightly oxidize if left untouched but polish up easily. Perfect used shape otherwise. $50.

REARSETS. Left side-SOLD Right side $60 (Also have another mint pair for $60 per side off the '02).

REAR/TAIL FAIRING- Original Honda paint/decals ('99 black/red). Nice used shape. A few light scuffs/scratches here and there but will still look real nice mounted up. Has one small spot of light rash on the left side (pictured), and the previous owner fashioned up a small bracket for a missing tab on the underside. I personally would've plastic welded a new tab on as I've done in the past but this is how it came and it works fine and won't be super-noticeable once mounted up... I'm just **** about this stuff. I can leave the rubbers for the front tabs in place if you need them. Taillight mounts inside are perfect and I can include the clips and screws if you don't have them already. Just let me know. Cleaned and waxed. $75 plus shipping.

TAILLIGHT. Clean and in great shape. $25 plus shipping.

HEADER. SOLD I have 2 more. One with the common dent at the bottom of the front downpipe but perfectly functional $25, another with no dent and in very nice shape, $100.

SPARE FRONT WHEEL. Clean and straight. $75

FRONT FENDER. Looks good if not perfect. Repainted black. Had a repair on the inside. $40 Also have another solid painter front fender, $25.

WINDSCREENS - I have one stock (painted black inside) left (the dark smoke double-bubble and one of the stock windscreens are already sold).

It's a stock Honda screen that the P.O. painted black inside. Obviously can't see through it but I waxed it and it's still pretty shiny on the outside and looks like dark smoke from the outside (like when you paint a clear RC car body from the inside). $20. Picture below...

STOCK MUFFLERS. Clean and in nice shape. Rear baffle was removed. As is they'll be louder than stock mufflers but if you want them to sound like aftermarket pipes you'd need to drill some holes in the next baffle in. I can do it for you (I have the long drill bit) or I can leave them as is, just let me know. Left side has a few very minor blemishes I pictured. Right side has a small dent on the inside you can't see once mounted. $75

Last edited by captainchaos; 09-25-2017 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:21 PM   #3
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Parting out complete Black 1999-black1.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black2.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black3.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black4.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-vtrblack1.jpg  

Parting out complete Black 1999-vtrblack2.jpg  

Last edited by captainchaos; 07-31-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:23 PM   #4
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

more pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Parting out complete Black 1999-black5.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black6.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black7.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black8.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black9.jpg  

Parting out complete Black 1999-black10.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black11.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black12.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black13.jpg  
Old 07-02-2017, 01:28 PM   #5
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

more pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Parting out complete Black 1999-black14.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black15.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black16.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black17.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black18.jpg  

Parting out complete Black 1999-black19.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black20.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black21.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black22.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black23.jpg  

Old 07-02-2017, 01:35 PM   #6
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Parting out complete Black 1999-black24.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black25.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black26.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black27.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black28.jpg  

Parting out complete Black 1999-black29.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black30.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black31.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black32.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black33.jpg  

Last edited by captainchaos; 07-02-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #7
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

more pics..
Attached Thumbnails
Parting out complete Black 1999-black34.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black35.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black36.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black37.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black38.jpg  

Parting out complete Black 1999-black39.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black40.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black41.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black42.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black43.jpg  

Old 07-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #8
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

pics
Attached Thumbnails
Parting out complete Black 1999-black45.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-red15.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-red16.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-red17.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-red18.jpg  

Parting out complete Black 1999-red19.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-red20.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-red22.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-red23.jpg  

Last edited by captainchaos; 08-31-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:13 PM   #9
Squid

BigRed is on a distinguished road
Disregard. Answered my own silly question.

Last edited by BigRed; 07-08-2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Found answer
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:16 AM   #10
Squid

mslate is on a distinguished road
Got the shock yesterday. Looks great. Thanks again!
mslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:14 PM   #11
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
PM'd you
skokievtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #12
Squid

mileyguard is on a distinguished road
pm sent
mileyguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #13
Squid

mileyguard is on a distinguished road
just recieved the package , talk about a fast shipper ill check it out this sat , thanks again
mileyguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:51 AM   #14
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
PM sent.
xeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:32 PM   #15
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Parts arrived today. Mighty nice of you. Thank you again.
xeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:33 AM   #16
Squid

mslate is on a distinguished road
Just got back from vacation, parts were here waiting for me.
Great seller, fast shipper!
Thanks again!
mslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:03 AM   #17
Squid

gti52 is on a distinguished road
Do you have the upper right hand fairing mount? it is honda p/n 64215-MBB-000, Item # 10 in the following link:http://www.hawkworks.net/VTR1000F-su...iche/cowl.html
gti52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:22 PM   #18
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti52 View Post
Do you have the upper right hand fairing mount? it is honda p/n 64215-MBB-000, Item # 10 in the following link:http://www.hawkworks.net/VTR1000F-su...iche/cowl.html
PM sent. Yes I do. I have a set of the 4 upper brackets and mounting bolts in aluminum off this bike, or in steel off the '02. They both fit the same, that's they way they came from Honda.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #19
Old Rider
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
Need a working petcock diaphragm or petcock rebuild kit

Hi Cap'n
Trying to get my '98 hawk on the road and I'm wondering if you (or anyone else out there) has what I need or info on where I can get it.
Ayer's site does not list the parts I need individually.

Thanks
nekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #20
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkid View Post
Hi Cap'n
Trying to get my '98 hawk on the road and I'm wondering if you (or anyone else out there) has what I need or info on where I can get it.
Ayer's site does not list the parts I need individually.

Thanks
PM sent with the same info... Looks like there are quite a few rebuild kits available on Ebay. Just search "superhawk petcock kit" and obviously pass over the ones for the vintage bikes. Same goes for google. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Beau
Old 08-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #21
Squid

gti52 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainchaos View Post
PM sent. Yes I do. I have a set of the 4 upper brackets and mounting bolts in aluminum off this bike, or in steel off the '02. They both fit the same, that's they way they came from Honda.
Patment sent, thanks
gti52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:06 AM   #22
Squid

zx9crazy is on a distinguished road
Do you have a seat latch?
I don't need the locking mechanism, just the cable, the latching mechanism and the bolt...I could also use 2 front fender bolts and 1 lower body panel bolt
zx9crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:35 AM   #23
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Monday bump. Have lots of good parts still available if I can help anyone with anything.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:18 AM   #24
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Beau,

I'll call you maybe tonight but I still want the gauges!

Hope all has been well (better?)
skokievtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:23 PM   #25
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skokievtr View Post
Beau,

I'll call you maybe tonight but I still want the gauges!

Hope all has been well (better?)
Hey Bret. So far so good, thank you. They're here waiting for you whenever you're ready.