Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Lower triple

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Lower triple

Before nuhawk buys a new one, is there anyone here that has a GUARANTEED STRAIGHT lower triple clamp that he needs?

Thanks,
Old 05-03-2007, 06:19 AM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
I have mine.... but still need it for a week or two untill my RC front end is sorted out.... if he can wait... I'd sell mine to him.... Might even powder coat it nice and clean for ya too!!! LMK if the timing would work, no big deal either way... if he finds another, go for it...

J.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:49 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
That would be really cool of you SlowHAWK. I have not ordered the new one yet. I can wait a week or two just fine. What are you going to do with your stock forks?
Old 05-03-2007, 12:47 PM
SuperSport

I plan to sell them eventually.... They have Race Tech valves (compression only) and Race Tech .85 spring in them as well... was planning to sell them after my RC conversion is done.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:09 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by SlowHAWK
I plan to sell them eventually.... They have Race Tech valves (compression only) and Race Tech .85 spring in them as well... was planning to sell them after my RC conversion is done.
Ok - don't sell anything until you check with me. .85 is my spring weight - er - one of them. I think that's the Racetek reco for my weight but I think Greg installed .90's or .95's.

I will plan to do my CCT change over the next few days and await your progress. The gas has been sitting now since 02-21 in the tank and if I do the CCT's it will give me the final excuse to remove the tank - I have been avoiding this all winter!

Take your time as I have been officially handed some. The braintrust has legislated no wrenchin', no ridin' and no drinkin'. I think I'm making reasonable progress!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:49 PM
SuperSport

No problem.... I hope to get a few hours in this weekend, and take my rim/tires in to get mounted... once that happens, I can probably start letting my old stuff go... and I have ALOT of it... whole front end, stock bars, VFR bars, front/rear rims... plus a bunch of extra stuff I have in my RC conversion... will let everyone know when its available.

J.

BTW.. NuHawk... on the lower triple, I'll need to pull the lower bearing race off if you want me to powder coat it... so you'll need to get another race/bearing/seal.... LMK either way... I'd definitley get a bearing either way as I justifed the RC swap becuase I needed new steering bearings... talk about a weak arguement with the wife... going with a $1000 swap to replace a 15 dollar part!!! Good thing I can argue welll!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Back Marker

KC-10ENG is on a distinguished road
Hey Slowhawk,

Do you have a RC upper triple laying around that you are going to sell?? I need one for my swap. Then it is off to the store to get some TL1000 helibars! OUCH

Dennis
Old 05-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I think we decided that Doug's going to try to get the new tapered bearings he bought off of the F3 triple. I think with a little heat it should be no problem. You readin' this Doug? Of course then you're looking at a new dust shield.... You might be able to find alternate methods of removing it without damaging it or the dust seal. How about that nifty bearing puller you said you bought? Can that be used for this application? Maybe a long-armed gear puller?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:03 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
I think we decided that Doug's going to try to get the new tapered bearings he bought off of the F3 triple. I think with a little heat it should be no problem. You readin' this Doug? Of course then you're looking at a new dust shield.... You might be able to find alternate methods of removing it without damaging it or the dust seal. How about that nifty bearing puller you said you bought? Can that be used for this application? Maybe a long-armed gear puller?
You can remove the stem bearing with a throat plate and puller or press….. But often you damage the bearing.. Pressing the stem out is an easy solution. The bearing is always savable that way, and it’s how most Techs do the job in any case. Doug,,, if you do not have someplace locally that can do it…. I’m pretty sure we can arrange a time to have you meet at my house and use my press. It will take a bit of coordination, plus Cody would have to move some bikes and parts around so you can get to the press. But if it comes down to it.. The press is there if you need it.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:49 AM
Back Marker

seaton001 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KC-10ENG
Hey Slowhawk,

Do you have a RC upper triple laying around that you are going to sell?? I need one for my swap. Then it is off to the store to get some TL1000 helibars! OUCH

Dennis
Dennis... If Slowhawk doesn't have one, let me know. I got one.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:01 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Doug, do you need both triples or just the lower? I have both with about 10 or 12,000 on them with no crashes, let me know what you need. Not trying to step on any toes so if you want to wait on slowhawk no skin off my nose. I'll respond to you later on the pm, I've just been busy.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:27 AM
SuperSport

No problem with my toes boys!!! Hahahaha...

Doug... if you want the triple quicker than I can provide it, and these guys can send you one now... take their deal... I can easily sell mine when I pawn off the forks, seems full setups (forks/triples/axle) like that seem to be prefered anyway...

J.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Administrator
World Champion

He just needs the lower triple.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:58 AM
MotoGP

That's right, Mike. If you would rather sell them as a set, I understand. PM with the details. Thanks, SlowHAWK! Like you say "sets" have been the thing this year. Good luck with your build.

I ordered a new set of bearings so no worries about getting the one off the f3 lower. We'll save that setup for the trackbike.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Back Marker

KC-10ENG is on a distinguished road
Hey Seat,

That is great! I am sure that slowhawk will respond one way or another this weekend. If he does not have one I will definetly take yours!

Thanks Dennis