Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

I'm searching for race parts!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Back Marker

Rama is on a distinguished road
I'm searching for race parts!

Hi to everybody...

I search some parts for my VTR F, like cams (moriwaki or yoshi), pistons, braced swingarm, P&P heads, ignition advancer, or other racing parts....

Please contact in PM, thanks!

Old 12-08-2009, 12:16 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Do a search on eBay as there is a set of Yoshi cams for sale (or check the eBay section on this forum in the Moriwaki lower thread as I posted the link there). In terms of Moriwaki goodies, you should try Roger Ditchfield at Revolution Racing in the UK. Not only can he likely supply you with what you need, but he knows the VTR inside and out and can provide you with invaluable technical advice.

cheers
Old 12-08-2009, 12:28 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Cheapest way to a nice braced swingarm is to cut off a 900rr brace and weld it to the top of your superhawk swingarm. Don't forget the caliper bracket and mount from inside the 900rr swingarm. If you do a search there's lots of info about it on here.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:50 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Guys, did you check this guy's location? If he's in Italy isn't he best checking the international parts availablility rather than exporting parts from the USA? Moriwaki excepted, if you can find it, the good **** is off-shore.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:53 AM
MotoGP

yep, he`s much closer to the goodies than we are. The VTR was actually a good seller in non-North American markets (the ones not dominated by posers and squids)....
Old 12-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Back Marker

The cams on Ebay are ended whit a "buy now"...

If anyone want to sell his racing parts, I'm interested to buy... international shipping is'nt a real problem.

Find camshaft is not easy........
Old 12-10-2009, 07:18 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Rama, if you want to find race parts they are not going to be here - they are going to be in your local market area but most importantly at the track or with the race oriented bike clubs - members of which you will also meet at the track.

Mikstr has been down this road and down it successfully with his build - be cautioned - this is a $1k US expense in parts and a shitload of work. Mick has documented his work here and it's very much worth a read. 12hp - it's your world.

For me the analysis is this. Firstly - weight to horsepower. If I was in my early twenties that would put me at about 125 US pounds of body weight. If I could gain 12 hp from stock it would put me near 10:1. That's dragster fast. You do have drag races in Italy, right?

Secondly, once you start lightening the bike (flywheel mods, after market wheels, chain, carbon fiber - the ratio becomes even more radical. The paradigm becomes go-fast-quick. She can.

Next to consider is the age of the technology and how you reconcile with it. For me, this is the deal breaker of all. Modern bikes are made with alloys that were not available or massively expensive in the day of the Superhawk. The metals used in today's bikes are crazy light/strong and by yesteryear's standards cheap. BTW - replacement parts are all one-off custom shop.

I hope this helps you evaluate how you are working with your bike. Did you buy it to ride it or buy it to build it and ride not so much? For some of us it's a favorite slipper, sweet thing that we can feel good with, always will be in the barn - with the others but ridden regularly. Always makes me smile. I may buy other bikes but my Superhawk is just about where it's worth it to me both in terms of thrill and coin.

Good luck!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Back Marker

nuhawk, I think the same...
i've just lightened the bike (carbon fiber tank, carbon fiber fairing, magnesium wheel, lightened flywheel without alternator, 520 chain, and more...I think the bike was around 145kg...), and now I'm looking for some parts for gainig more power and torque...
Unfortunately in Italy the FireStorm (SuperHawk) hav'nt success... few bike have been sold, so racing parts are difficult to find...
I'm very happy for find a full-exhaust system and the jetkit here... but cams, pistons or other special parts are unavailable here....

So, I hope that someone wants to sell its racing parts... and I want to buy if can find it! ;-)
Old 12-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Squid

Gilson is on a distinguished road
You've spent some serious money already so the only dude that can help you out is Roger Ditchfield. He is a personal friend of Mr Moriwaki and has developed race VTRs, both Firestorm and SPs, (infact, legend has it that Roger helped develop the SP engine).... There's nothing or very little Sir Roger doesn't know.... he's also a very nice chap and extremely helpful. Contact him on roger@revolutionuk.co.uk....

Let us know how you get on...
Ciao
Old 12-11-2009, 09:07 AM
MotoGP

here you go (for the last time): http://www.revolutionuk.co.uk/ (pistons, cams,....)

You can still source an Akra full exhaust system too from various places although they are getting rare
Old 12-11-2009, 09:10 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Gilson
You've spent some serious money already so the only dude that can help you out is Roger Ditchfield. He is a personal friend of Mr Moriwaki and has developed race VTRs, both Firestorm and SPs, (infact, legend has it that Roger helped develop the SP engine).... There's nothing or very little Sir Roger doesn't know.... he's also a very nice chap and extremely helpful. Contact him on roger@revolutionuk.co.uk....

Let us know how you get on...
Ciao
I said much the same thing in the very first reply to his post (less the personal stuff about Roger). Wonder how many times he needs to be told?
Old 12-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Back Marker

I'm in contact whit Roger, but much Moriwaki parts are very expensive....
So, if someone have used camshafts to sell......... the ST1 (new) cost each 820gpb...

and don't think I've spent too much for my parts... ;-)
Old 12-11-2009, 10:05 AM
MotoGP

Your best bet is to keep an eye on eBay, Yoshi cams show up every once in a while (that is how I got mine).
Old 12-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Squid

Gilson is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately these parts are really expensive as are most tuning parts, but unlike CBR parts, these are more rare. I'm not sure if "as rare as hen's teeth" translates into Italian very well....

Good luck though...

Last edited by Gilson; 12-11-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Back Marker

Oh I can understand what mean... lol!

And it's very true!
Old 12-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Back Marker

1 Up for this post...
Old 05-29-2010, 01:35 AM
Back Marker

up!!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:32 AM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/lordmoonpie/ has been selling lots of VTR Moriwaki race goodies recently

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lordmoonpie+VTR
Old 07-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Back Marker

lordmoonpie have only fairings, i'm lookong for engine raceing parts... ;-)

up!!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:10 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
other sources make HC pistons than moriwaki so you could go that route. Or shave the heads to raise compression. That will force changing cam timing, which is good to do. The cams are not particularly radical. A good compromise is to either re-time the stock cams closer to the moriwaki spec lobe centers or swap out the intake and exhaust cams and you'll be quite close. You can have light porting done on the head or do yourself and I was advised that a 3 angle valve job and light porting would be valuable. All relatively cheap mods.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
http://hpower.com.au/bike.html