Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

HRC Style Rear Brake Reservoir Delete - Only 3 Available

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 02:00 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

thedeatons is on a distinguished road
HRC Style Rear Brake Reservoir Delete - Only 3 Available

I put this little kit together after doing my own Superhawk. I used Tygon 2375 tubing (3" of tubing per kit), a new Honda Breather Tube cap, and 2 Oettinger clamps (EFI clamps).

I have 200-300 miles on my kit, and it works great. The brake fluid doesn't fluctuate much because the rear brake's piston doesn't have to move much. The Oettinger clamps are very low profile, and look MUCH better than a standard hose clamp. You can either use Oettinger clamp pliers to install them, or simple Channel Lock style pliers.

The kit removes the bulky stock rear brake reservoir, and the hose leading to it.

$12 shipped, payment via Paypal. I only have 3 of these available. The first 3 people to PM me can have the kits. I can ship them this week, most likely Tuesday (tomorrow).

Thanks!
James
Caldwell, Idaho, 83605
Attached Thumbnails HRC Style Rear Brake Reservoir Delete - Only 3 Available-photo-1.jpg   HRC Style Rear Brake Reservoir Delete - Only 3 Available-photo-2.jpg   HRC Style Rear Brake Reservoir Delete - Only 3 Available-photo-3.jpg   HRC Style Rear Brake Reservoir Delete - Only 3 Available-photo-4.jpg   HRC Style Rear Brake Reservoir Delete - Only 3 Available-photo-5-1.jpg  

Old 09-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thedeatons
I put this little kit together after doing my own Superhawk. I used Tygon 2375 tubing (3" of tubing per kit), a new Honda Breather Tube cap, and 2 Oettinger clamps (EFI clamps).

I have 200-300 miles on my kit, and it works great. The brake fluid doesn't fluctuate much because the rear brake's piston doesn't have to move much. The Oettinger clamps are very low profile, and look MUCH better than a standard hose clamp. You can either use Oettinger clamp pliers to install them, or simple Channel Lock style pliers.

The kit removes the bulky stock rear brake reservoir, and the hose leading to it.

$12 shipped, payment via Paypal. I only have 3 of these available. The first 3 people to PM me can have the kits. I can ship them this week, most likely Tuesday (tomorrow).

Thanks!
James
Caldwell, Idaho, 83605

??? That breather tube cap... is it open to atmosphere? If so, how is it separating the fluid from moisture laden air? Dust, ect?

Does it have some sort of small rubber membrane like a brake fluid reservoir?
Old 09-30-2013, 02:20 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Nope, it's just a plastic cap, in fact it is the exact same plastic cap (same part number) used in the HRC rear brake reservoir delete kit - used on Honda's race bikes.

There are guys selling kits like this on other sites, CBR600, etc, and on Ebay. They got the part numbers from the HRC kit (uses green tubing). I ordered enough for 4 kits, and I used one on my bike....

James
Old 09-30-2013, 02:42 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

I kit sold. 2 left.

James
Old 09-30-2013, 04:55 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Another kit sold, 1 more left.

By the way, you can use the original brake fluid reservoir as a "funnel" to get brake fluid into the tube. Go slow towards the end, the fluid falls very fast once it gets into the tube.

James
Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Last kit just sold, pending payment. In case anyone else wants to make one up themselves here are the specs:
Tygon 2375 tubing 5/16 id x 7/16 od from mcmaster carr
X2 5/16 Ottinger clamps
Honda breather cap 17370-419-700

Thanks!
James