Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Heads up on a great VTR for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 11:19 AM
Back Marker

Letsrideinsc
Heads up on a great VTR for Sale

Here's one for cheap that should be more. Can you say Carbotex.

1998 VTR 1000 Superhawk,larger Carbon fuel tank - BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

I'm on barf.com regularly, and this just got posted this morning. If I only had the space, It would already be in my truck!

I'm not associated with the sale but thought you guys would be interested in a carbon tank, body, cases, fenders, etc.. for $2900 man, that's affordable.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:28 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Wow, I just don't get why they painted over the carbon fiber, that's just defeats logic to me.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Superstock

KCCO is on a distinguished road
I saw it too, BARF eats my phone battery.... That would be a very nice bike to have.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Just sent a message to my buddy who lives out there. I'm hoping he can scoop it up! Then I can buy all the goodies off of it Maybe...
Old 02-27-2014, 09:36 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice. I owned that bike once upon a time in 2009... it had a lot more aftermarket goodies on it back then. Here's a copy of the ad from 2009:

1998 Carbotech Honda VTR 1000F Superhawk 996 Chandler, Arizona

Silver with 5.8 Carbotech carbon fiber tank with lightweight aluminum locking gas cap, carbon fiber fairing, Carbon fiber rear wheel hugger and chain gaurd, carbon fiber front fender, Carbon fiber generator cover, carbon fiber clutch cover, carbon fiber frame covers, lower fairing, Ohlins rear shock, Racetech springs and fork internals, Carrozzeria USA Forged Aluminum wheels (with cush-drive), Speigler stainless front brake lines with vinyl cover, AFAM chain and sprockets (44t rear), Brembo radial front brake master cylinder, Carbone Loraine brake pads, Pyramid Double bubble windscreen, Yosh RS3 Stainless exhaust, HRC jetkit, K&N Air filter, slash-cut aluminum footpegs, Sargant World Sport Seat w/ storage tube, Tailocker underseat storage tray, fender eliminator, integrated brake/ turn signal, Honda service manual and other extras!

Carbo Tex Composites in Houston originally built it for show and the owner's personal use.

I bought it strictly for the aftermarket parts, putting some on my VTR and selling others. It still has the wheels and muffler from my old VTR on it. Kinda nice to see it's still alive.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:43 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Why change the brake master to a Brembo yet keep the crappy stock calipers, especially when one considers it appears to be either a 19x18 or 19x20 MC, which would be way too much for the spindly 27/30mm piston combo (I am using a 19x16 with 32/32mm pistons.... can`t imagine how "wooden" this would feel).....

Oh well, further proof that many/most confuse a firm lever with braking force.......
Old 03-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Back Marker

rick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
Why change the brake master to a Brembo yet keep the crappy stock calipers, especially when one considers it appears to be either a 19x18 or 19x20 MC, which would be way too much for the spindly 27/30mm piston combo (I am using a 19x16 with 32/32mm pistons.... can`t imagine how "wooden" this would feel).....

Oh well, further proof that many/most confuse a firm lever with braking force.......
When I rode that bike I thought it had excellent brake feel and good stopping power. But I am pretty weak on braking. My other bikes are 4th gen VFR, old hawk GT, CB-1 and a Sprint RS. So don't have much to compare against.

I have a complete 954 front-end and Hayabusa front end sitting on my garage that I got for my Hawk Gt and Sprint RS respectively. Later I found a 05 600rr front end which is now going on the Hawk. I might buy this superhawk and if so the 954 front end will go on this along with a new Penske rear. Are the 954 calipers a good match for that Brembo m/c?

I have decided to keep the Sprint stock so the Hayabusa front end is also an option.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Superstock

sheldonsl is on a distinguished road
Anybody know if Carbotech is still around? I looked online but only found a place in Taiwan selling bicycle wheels. I'm just wondering if any of this stuff is still available not only for the Hawk but newer stuff as well. Very nice bike by the way. If I hadn't just bought a VFR 1200, hmmmm.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Back Marker

rick is on a distinguished road
I don't think Carbotech is still around.

Somebody is looking at this VTR today. And here I am hoping my VFR sells today before my buddy sells the VTR. Damn
Old 03-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Superstock

RobertLever is on a distinguished road
Beautiful bike.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:21 AM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Gorgeous, but please clean up that rear header!