Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

FS: RC51 speedo, with adapter plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 04:57 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
FS: RC51 speedo, with everything to fit to VTR

I am thinking of selling the RC51 speedo I ran on my bike for a while. It is a Canadian unit and so reads in Metric (temp, speed and odometer; although I beleive you can switch the speed rading to mph). The unit has 17 931 km on the odometer (give or take a few km).

The face plate was new from when it was installed two years ago. I have put a carbon cover on it. It is in impeccable condition. Asking $160 (plus shipping).

If you are looking at fitting it to a VTR, I can provide you with everything needed to make it a quick installation, including VTR wiring harness (ready to plug in; however, I beleive you will need to re-do the connection for the tach as it doesn't work - I know it's not the tach as the chap I bought is from is honest and the previous RC51 speedo I had, a US model, never had a working tach either; the chap I sold the US model to never came back to inform me the tach didn't work, leading me with no other conclusion than the wiring connection was improperly done, everything else works). I also fashioned a carbon fibre adaptor plate which allows you to install it in seconds to the VTR fairing stay. Finally, if you are mounting it on to a pre-2001 VTR, you will also need a different (digital) temp sending unit (screws into thermostat housing, takes all of 2 minutes to swap out), which I also have. Will include the "adaptor kit" for an additional $35.

My preference, obviously, it to sell everything in one shot so preference will be given to anyone who takes it all.

Thanks for looking.

Here it is mounted on the bike (with carbon adapter plate)......
Attached Thumbnails FS: RC51 speedo, with adapter plate-rc51_speedo.jpg  

Last edited by mikstr; 06-18-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
I am not sure who got the tach to work...Tweety maybe but I have not gotten mine to work either. Take it for what it's worth...Anyway, I still need a temp sending unit so M, if you can donate it my way for some canuck funds on the condition someone simply just want the tach, I would be greatful...no urgency here as the bike is apart once again....
Old 06-18-2013, 06:31 PM
MotoGP

will keep that in mind..... and yes, Markus (aka Tweety) did get his to work apparently.... and my OEM tach works like it did new......

if it doesn't sell here, I will list it on an RC site, or keep it...... not a fire sale and have no plans to give it away, it's mint.....
Old 06-18-2013, 08:39 PM
MotoGP

sale pending......
Old 06-20-2013, 04:31 AM
MotoGP

SOLD!