Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

FS / FT Computer Equipment for Bike gear

Old 11-04-2007, 08:18 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

newb007 is on a distinguished road
FS / FT Computer Equipment for Bike gear

Alright so I work for an ISP and we periodically phase out older hardware and it is given to employees. I have a bunch of Dell servers and Dell desktops that I'm building for friends and non-profits, but didn't know if anyone here might need one maybe to trade for some bike gear.

I have or can get:

Dell Poweredge 600SC P4
Dell PowerEdge 500SC P3
Dell Dimension XPS t700r P3
Tons of ISM band wireless gear (2.4GHz and 5.8GHz), connectors, outdoor antennas, tripod mounts, N- connectors.

I'm looking for frame stand, some better gloves, better boots (size 11), or anything else you might want to trade. Not looking to get rich or anything, just something of decent value. Figured there has to be some other geeks on here that might be interested or someone needing a backup machine or decent replacement.

If you need info on the items above hit google for the best info. Memory on most of them is the minimum and I would expect you might want to upgrade. The servers are nice but don't have a sound card since they are server grade.

I also might have a couple of older model Cisco switches, 1900/2900 series. Shoot me a PM if you have a trade and what you are interested in.

Cheers fellas.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Back Marker

midijunky is on a distinguished road
how many ports and what speed are the switches?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
ATGATT
Superstock

They are 1912's with 12 -10BaseT and 2- 100Base T all managed.

There are also some 2500 series Cisco routers with the serial port interfaces. These will probably go to a scrap yard unless someone happens to want to tinker with em.

I just scrapped the 4' Radiowaves antennas today so those are gone, but there are plenty of 2' 5.8GHz antennas left if your into wireless ISM band.

Cheers

Last edited by newb007; 11-05-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:09 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
I'm not even sure what the heck you guys are talking about. LOL
Old 11-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Back Marker

Hmm interesting.

About those antennas. Will they work for 2.4ghz? 802.11
Old 11-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Now I know how people feel when I start talking about guns......
Old 11-05-2007, 04:53 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

Yeah all the antennas are for 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz 802.11 unlicensed band.

I have some patch antennas (12" square) that are 16dbi for 2.4GHz. I also have a sector antenna that is 45degree and I think about 16dbi 2.4GHz. I have 20 or so parabolic grids that are directional for 2.4GHz (16dbi). And then I have the mother of all antennas, a 2.4GHz sectional antenna that is almost 3 feet tall and one foot wide and shoots a 90degree path. Comes with mounting hardware.

The 2' radiowaves dishes are for 5.8GHz and I have some 5.8GHz panels but that is typically used for higher end 5.8GHz gear. I have some old Western Multiplex 10Mb radios I need to test out but I doubt they are any good. They will shoot 10Mb 15 miles without a hiccup.

I'll try to snap some shots tomorrow while at work. I spent most of today scrapping aluminum from NT-1 BRI racks (gold star goes to the guy who knows what that is).

I'm going to grab some of the 1912 Cisco switches tomorrow and will most likely have a dozen of those so if you want a couple let me know. I'll most likely use them for home or LAN parties.

I did wireless consulting for a while and I am a certified tower climber so if your planning a wireless link let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Cheers
Old 11-05-2007, 05:30 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

A few of the antennas from left to right:

2.4GHz Sector Antenna (45 degree)
2.4GHz Panel/Patch Antenna (32 degree I think)
5.8GHz panel antenna 32dbi (30 deg)

Some of the servers..and a shameless pic of the bike.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Back Marker

considering making a wireless link yes, well sort of...

Project my roommates and I have been sourcing parts and brainstorming for is kinda on the darker gray side of the law as it involves a bit of Urban Exploration and Social Engineering to complete, but basically we want to wardrive our city. From our living room. and though we haven't yet deemed it an impossibility, I've concluded that the costs will definitely outweigh the gains. It's more of one of those hypothetical "can we do it, and what would it take to do it?" type of geek conversations.

We'd settle for a wireless link to our office building 1/2 mile up the road though :P
Old 11-07-2007, 06:50 AM
ATGATT
Superstock

Well in short it can be done. However it would probably be best, knowing that I work for an ISP, that I don't know what your doing with the equipment.

Since I don't know ya other than your a fellow Hawk rider, I don't have an idea of your protocol sniffing, WEP/WPA hacking, using unauthorized wireless access for hacking, spoofing, or anything else that could be considered highly illegal and traceable.

Just know in most states it is legal to sniff for open networks, but illegal to use them without the expressed consent of the owner. See the one about a guy in a coffee shop parking lot taken to court for using their wireless without buying a cup of coffee. Stupid if you ask me, but thats the type of stuff going on.

Thats my $0.02 on wardriving.

Have fun but be careful.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Back Marker

oh no, no illegal entry into private networks at all, just gps mapping and such. ride around on the hawk with the laptop in my tank bag and it sniffs as I ride, come home and export the data and into mapping software and viola! just for fun and as a marketing tool for my side business.

lol again the tower thing was a hypothetical geek "could we do it?" conversation. nothing I plan on following through on, mainly because one building we'd have to gain access to has a multi million dollar IT/IS team and I know that several of them would notice that signal as they're wardrivers too lol.

Last edited by midijunky; 11-07-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:27 AM
ATGATT
Superstock

Very cool.

In that case I would be glad to supply whatever gear you might need as long as you pay for shipping...

If you want to sniff from a balcony or roof top you would most likely need a directional antenna of moderate gain. Then couple that with a low voltage amplifier (1/2watt or 1watt) connected to an adapter for whatever active device is going to sniff.

I have plenty of parabolic grid antennas with 16 dbi gain that would be great for this. They break apart into two pieces so it is easy to stow away. I might have one amplifier but I'll have to check on that one. That would give you right at FCC max gain for unlicensed wireless...or maybe a little over

Let me look around and see what I got that would work for you. What type of connector are you using on the sniffer? Do you have a radio doing it or just a laptop? Does it have a connector for external antennas?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Back Marker

Awesome I'm working with a linux based laptop with an external wireless card with the connector yessir.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:37 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

Can you post a pic of the external wireless card connector (for accepting an external antenna) or give me the model number and I will google it.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Back Marker

here ya go sir

Old 11-08-2007, 05:24 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

LOL - That is so perfect you don't even know.

Those old Lucent cards are great to use. They work with WINPCAP and they use the exact pigtail I have for converting connections to N type.

Let me get a box of stuff you will need together. I'll put in a parabolic grid, amplifier if I have one, and flex patch cable. Shoot me your ZIP and I'll get shipping to ya. I have about three other packages I need to get shipping for tomorrow anyway. For kicks I'll send you some more Lucent cards. I have a bunch of em from old wireless projects.

Later
Old 11-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Back Marker

That's awesome man, I really appreciate it. My zip is 65802.

What's your glove size by the way?
Old 11-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
"What must I do to obtain one of those antenna?"
Old 11-08-2007, 09:05 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

Right now I'm just trading for any used bike gear or anything you might want to offer up. I'm not doing it for cash but more for bartering sake.

Just let me know what you got and what you need. Which antenna would you want?

Cheers

Last edited by newb007; 11-09-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:31 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

I wear size large in gloves.

So far I have you a directional antenna, pigtail, patch antenna, extra orinoco card (newer version of yours), cable and connectors.

I'm gonna make you a patch cable to connect the card to the laptop. I'll try to make it as long as possible to give you some reach (10-20'). It can be heavy cable so I'll try to keep it not too long for cheaper shipping.

I'll work on getting the patch cable next week and check around for an amp. it would really help reaching out farther distances.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Back Marker

I've got a brand new pair of these, black and large, if you're interested. bought the wrong size and they've just been sitting in a box since I moved. they're definitely not a winter riding glove though. they're light and airy like a motocross glove.

http://www.newenough.com/gloves/stre...le_gloves.html
Old 11-09-2007, 06:32 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

Those are almost the exact gloves I was looking to buy. You got a deal.

Let me know shipping to 37203. Once I know what your box is going to cost to ship, I can deduct the price of shipping the gloves here. Or we can work the details out next week.

Jay
Old 11-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

Originally Posted by newb007
Right now I'm just trading for any used bike gear or anything you might want to offer up. I'm not doing it for cash but more for bartering sake.

Just let me know what you got and what you need. Which antenna would you want?

Cheers
the larger "square one"...although I don't have any bike stuff that you've asked for
Old 11-09-2007, 07:15 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

So you want the 5.8GHz panel antenna? It has an "N" type connector. I have plenty of them so if you want two just let me know.

Let me know where you want it shipped as well and I will get you a price.

As far as bartering it really can be anything you want to throw out there. Got any used bike parts lying around? Used riding gear? Honda Stickers? Can of honey roasted peanuts? Hell I don't care. Just make me an offer. I get a kick out of bartering more than debating on prices.

Later
Old 11-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

So you want the 5.8GHz panel antenna? It has an "N" type connector. I have plenty of them so if you want two just let me know.

Let me know where you want it shipped as well and I will get you a price.

As far as bartering it really can be anything you want to throw out there. Got any used bike parts lying around? Used riding gear? Honda Stickers? Can of honey roasted peanuts? Hell I don't care. Just make me an offer. I get a kick out of bartering more than debating on prices.

Later
LOL....yeah the panel...and I live in Ottawa, Ontario K2P 2K1

as for parts..how about stock levers?
Old 11-10-2007, 07:23 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

I tell ya what. There is a guy I'm shipping a stock screen to and he needs a lever. His screen name is ts200r. He is in alberta I think. You send him the lever and I'll ship you two antennas for the price of shipping. I know I'm not benefiting but just trying to help a fellow rider out.

Let me know if we have a deal and I will get you shipping info.

Jay
Old 11-11-2007, 12:48 PM
SuperSport

reaper is on a distinguished road
Do you have the wireless LAN cards for both a desktop unit and laptop that compatible with the Linksys 2.4GHz wireless G router?
Old 11-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

I tell ya what. There is a guy I'm shipping a stock screen to and he needs a lever. His screen name is ts200r. He is in alberta I think. You send him the lever and I'll ship you two antennas for the price of shipping. I know I'm not benefiting but just trying to help a fellow rider out.

Let me know if we have a deal and I will get you shipping info.

Jay

okay...send my the charge and his details and I ll forward it
Old 11-11-2007, 06:26 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

I sent him a PM to get in touch with you (his is ts200r). If you guys can work out shipping the levers to him that will work. His is in Alberta T2T 3C9.

I'll get your antennas boxed up this week and shipping charges back to you.

Reap: I don't have any wireless cards that are current. The one I am giving the other guy on here is an older card and used mainly for sniffing because of its widely used drivers. It doesn't do 802.11g standards. I have some ethernet NIC's for desktops but I was going to hang on to them as NIC's get burned up all the time.

Anything else you need?

Cheers
Old 11-13-2007, 04:53 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

PM's sent to midijunky and calitoz.

I still have some Cisco switches, antennas, 2.4GHz amplifiers, 2.4GHz parabolic grids, and LMR-400 patch cables.