FS: Engines - SuperHawk Forum

Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By captainchaos
  • 1 Post By kenmoore
  • 1 Post By captainchaos

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #1  
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
FS: Engines

"99 is SOLD, '02 is STILL AVAILABLE. Details are below. I had them listed in previous part out listings but listed them here separately in an attempt to move them. The engine weighs 150 lbs and will be wrapped in a moving blanket and strapped down to a pallet for shipping. Total is about 185 lbs, and measures 33" x 33" x 21". I cut the pallet down to fit and it's not going to get any smaller or lighter than that. You'll need to do some homework with regards to shipping as shipping prices vary wildly by shipper and even day to day. You can get quotes off Uship and Freightcenter or wherever else you might prefer to deal with. I'll assist in any way I can but I'm no longer doing ALL the legwork for anyone because I'm simply tired of having my time wasted. Having said that I WILL help in any way I can if you're SERIOUS.

I've received many many inquiries both on here and locally on Craigslist (FINALLY just sold the '99 engine locally), where I was hoping to sell them so as to avoid the whole shipping thing. I even had one guy on the forum PAY me for all the time I put into trying to make it work for him. A few things to consider so we're on the same page:

-I gave you the weight and dimensions so no need to ask me "how much is shipping." Uship and Freightcenter can give you quotes online, or if you've done this sort of thing before probably have a preferred method of shipping something like this. Again it's strapped down to a pallet and please pay the extra 20 bucks or whatever for liftgate service on both ends so no one blows out their back. Since writing this post I've just also had the pleasure of my first hernia so again...liftgate...

-I don't care what you're doing with the engine. I don't care if you plan to fly to the moon with it, put fuel injection on it, put it in your buggy, set a land speed record with it or use it as a coffee table in your living room (yes I've heard it all already. Well all besides the moon but I'm sure that's coming). I've spent HOURS on the phone locally with "serious" buyers and put complete parts packages together for off-the-wall engine swaps only to have one after the other flake out and fall off the planet. Need a good engine? Awesome, I still have one and chances are pretty good I'll sell it to you cheaper than you can get one anywhere else.

Also, please check with your wife, husband, life partner, dog, cat or whoever else you answer to BEFORE contacting me. Nothing like having a 2 hour conversation with someone who tells me multiple times they're "serious" only to end the call with "ok, let me check with the wife and I'll get back to you."

-Insurance is going to be an issue as the cost to insure say a $500 or $600 used engine gets very expensive (as in probably doubles the cost). Again do some homework. I insure everything but in this case I was leaning towards crossing my fingers and hoping it doesn't get lost or end up bouncing down the highway... These trucking companies only have reasonable insurance rates for brand new items. Used goes by weight.

-SOLD SOLD SOLD The '99 engine only had 9,462 miles on the speedo and I had ridden that bike personally when I bought it and several other times prior to parting it out. Engine was fine, just needed the carbs cleaned/tuned. The clutch cover has been sold already otherwise it's complete including the clutch assembly and starter. Yes I have a title for the bike. SOLD SOLD SOLD

-The '02 engine only had 11,211 miles on the speedo and while I didn't run the bike (it had been sitting a long time and needed the carbs cleaned) I did put a battery in it and spin it over prior to buying it. I've bought a bike previously with bad cct's and pistons hitting valves when you hit the starter button is a VERY distinctive sound that even an untrained ear know isn't supposed to be there. This one sounded FINE, again just needed a carb clean and a battery. The story from the lady who sold it to me was her husband dropped it leaving the dealership so no more motorcycle for him. It had been sitting in her garage ever since (about a year). The clutch cover and stator cover have been sold already, otherwise it's complete including the clutch assembly and starter. Frame and title have already been sold.

-The last 3 engines sold (that's actually SELL for if you look in the "sold" items, not asking/listing price) on Ebay for between $600 and $800 (most recent I depending on mileage (all were higher than this one). Most of those are missing the engine covers as well as things like the clutch assembly, stator and starter as well. This one has lower mileage than most you see on there. Again it includes the clutch assembly and the starter. I think my reputation on here over the years speaks for itself, and I gave you the story with both engines. I'll be happy to give you my personal cell and help in any way I can to the best of my ability.

To comply with forum rules I'll list these at $500 each. But if you need an engine get in touch with me and we'll work out something based on what the shipping comes to and what you can afford. May even consider trades for something of value. Obviously more than happy to sell locally and I'm also more than happy to drive a few hours or so to meet up with someone as over the years that's always worked out great as well.

Sorry for writing a book but it's easier than going through ALL of this EVERY time someone asks about them. Here all the info is posted for all to see. Thanks for looking and ride safe.
E.Marquez and NHSH like this.

Last edited by captainchaos; 07-11-2018 at 07:51 PM.
captainchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:47 AM   #2  
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Pics...
Attached Thumbnails
FS: Engines-99bike.jpg   FS: Engines-redbike1.jpg   FS: Engines-gauges99.jpg   FS: Engines-gauges1.jpg   FS: Engines-engine1.jpg  

FS: Engines-engine2.jpg  

Last edited by captainchaos; 07-08-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:24 PM   #3  
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
I don't need an engine but to help a little with the shipping issues.
I had an engine shipped cross country through UShip with no added insurance.
It showed up on time and in perfect condition and the rate was very reasonable.
Yes this is just my case but I did have a good experience shipping through that service.
8541Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:04 PM   #4  
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8541Hawk View Post
I don't need an engine but to help a little with the shipping issues.
I had an engine shipped cross country through UShip with no added insurance.
It showed up on time and in perfect condition and the rate was very reasonable.
Yes this is just my case but I did have a good experience shipping through that service.
Yeah I had one sold awhile ago and was able to get a quote from them below $300 and was pretty much ready to go. Even offered to take the responsibility on going w/o insurance but the buyer didn't think that was fair to me and decided not to go through with it... Just getting tired of looking at these sitting in the corner...
Old 06-10-2018, 02:04 PM   #5  
SuperBike

kenmoore is on a distinguished road
Wish you were here in Oz !
NHSH likes this.
kenmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #6  
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

'99 engine is SOLD. '02 is still available.
E.Marquez likes this.