Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

FS: '98 Superhawk for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Squid

Crackership is on a distinguished road
FS: '98 Superhawk for sale

Hi all, I've put my Superhawk up for sale on the local Craigslist. The ad can be seen here: Awesome 1998 Honda Superhawk 996 VTR1000F. It's definitely listed at the "Inflated Craigslist Price" to ward off offers for an old microwave and a half-eaten sandwich with a boot-print in it. For you fine folks here, I'll be a little more reasonable - $2500 O.B.O.

Bike is located in Gold Bar WA I can meet serious inquirers within a reasonable distance.

Thanks,
-Dave
Old 06-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Squid

DeLoreanBoy is on a distinguished road
It does have a branded title. I dropped it in a parking lot and cracked one side faring. If you've been around sport bikes for a while, you know that a crack in a fairing is all it takes to total one

I'm not sure any buyers will believe the bike being totaled and the title rebuilt because one of the fairings got cracked.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Squid

Crackership is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DeLoreanBoy
I'm not sure any buyers will believe the bike being totaled and the title rebuilt because one of the fairings got cracked.
I don't know what to say.. you're welcome to belive what you like, but the fairing was the only damage. I dropped the bike on a bit of ice in a parking lot and I rode it home. The adjuster came to my house a couple days later, looked at it for 2 minutes, and said "I'll get back to you but these sport bikes are almost always totalled if the fairings are broken" he called me back the next day and said they totalled it. I've also spoken with several other riders who've had very similar experiences. I'm sorry you find this an incredible story but it is true.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Back Marker

sjscicluna is on a distinguished road
this is common here also as the cost of repairing the fairings out ways the cost of the old bikes
Old 06-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sjscicluna
this is common here also as the cost of repairing the fairings out ways the cost of the old bikes
It's common here as well.