Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

FS 98 Superhawk 24,540 miles $3800

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Squid

VTRRR
Thumbs up FS 98 Superhawk 24,540 miles $3800

Here we go. This sale has nothing to do with the bike, it has no known problems.

I purchased it in 2003 from a Marine at Camp Pendleton who had purchased it from Performance Motorsports in San Juan Capistrano.

Details:
24,540 miles
Full (header pipes too!) Two Brothers exhaust. Large CF oval cans. Loud!
Corbin Seat
SS front brake line
SS clutch line
Superbrace
No cut frame sliders
blah, blah, blah

Do you really care about the $15 flush mount front signals, etc.? Look at the pictures and they will show you the condition of the bike. The photos are from today, October 16 and it was an overcast day. The thing shines beautifully.

Maintenance:
Tune up, valve adjust, and carb snyc at 20,900 miles
New 530 chain, 16/43 sprockets, and Dunlops 208s at 22,300 miles
Coolant flush, oil/filter change, clutch/brake fluid change at 23,800 miles

When the bike was in for dealer service at 22,300 miles, they parked it in the sun on new asphalt. It fell over. Duh! They replaced the following; left mirror, full left fairing, plastic chin scoop, bar end, clutch lever, left turn signal, rear tail piece, exhaust end cap. The tank was not damaged.

The previous owner had a lesson in gravity when he parked on an incline an the bike fell on the right. As a result the right mirror and bar end have scratches. You will not notice them from distance. It did scrape the right case, but he sanded out the scratches. See picture.

I have noted the following scratches; right side fairing two small dings, plastic chip in red plastic under the headlight (can't see it unless you are on your hands and knees), and on the Corbin seat. I bought the seat used and it came this way. It has another scrape under the tailpiece caused by someone swinging their boot over the back. The header pipes have no scratches or dents. The CF cans have no scratches or dents.

This bike has never let me down and again has no known issues. I have run it in hot weather with no overheating, and cold weather with no stalling. I believe it is jetted as I do not have the "popping" in decel.

I have the following extras; yellow LP flush mount signals, spare exhaust cap, stock clutch line, old chin piece, and manual. Pick up only. If you pick it up in a pick 'em up truck I'll include a 6' steel ramp, clip on strap, and two ties downs. I don't have anything to set it up for a passenger.

I have the title in hand and the registration is good till Sep. 07. This is a 49 state bike and I had no problems registering it with CA DMV. $3800 firm. PM me if you have any questions, want more hi res pics or info. Check the picture area for some higher resolution photos.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:18 PM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
you forgot to mention it has EBC rotors. Nice bike. Good luck with the sale.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Squid

VTRRR
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AZZKIKER
you forgot to mention it has EBC rotors. Nice bike. Good luck with the sale.
..and the extra wheel bearings, new battery, and swing arm stand.