Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

FS 2000 Honda Valkyrie Interstate

Old 10-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Squid

BMW_Rider is on a distinguished road
FS 2000 Honda Valkyrie Interstate

I知 selling my 2000 Valkyrie Interstate. It was purchased new in 2002 by me. It has a little over 28,000 miles. The color is black and red. It has few additional goodies:
Driver backrest
4 speakers including Polkaudio biax rears
6 pipe slash cut exhaust tips from Honda
Kuryakin highway pegs
Hyper-lights
Red LED lighting around the motor
The bike runs great and has never been any trouble. I知 selling this bike and my SuperHawk because I知 going to the dark side and buying a Harley. I hope I don稚 regret it later. This is an outstanding touring bike and will give someone many miles of enjoyment.

Asking Price $8500.00 OBO

Please call or e-mail for more details.

Mike Mihelich
Milwaukee, WI area
mihelich@wi.rr.com
262-790-0796
Old 10-16-2006, 07:25 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
WOW, so you're going to give up a great touring/cruiser AND a great sport/road bike for just one HD. Yeah, I too hope your not making a $$$ mistake.

Good luck with your sales.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Squid

FS 2000 Valkyrie Interstate reduced price $7950.00

I've reduced my asking price to $7950.00.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
Two Honda,s for a Harley

Everyone is free to ride what they like. I just traded a Valk for two smaller bikes. A 1000 VTR and a 250 Ninja for the wife. But to go for a Harley after two Hondas..The Harley has character and charisma.. and they aren't junk anymore... But the performance and handling ..that you will miss.. I have ridden with tons of Harley guys..some with 1000's in their engines.. only to blow them off easy with a stock Valk... and handling in the curves..becareful the rubber mount Harleys are best only cruised with...But just the same enjoy the ride..just don't try to pass any Valks..even with the 96 in. engine..not in the same league..

Ride Safe
Dave
Old 10-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Squid

You'd really be surprized by the HD. Truth be told, it handles better than the Valk at low speeds.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:22 AM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
Smile 07 Harely

I'm not one of the "anti-harely" crowd so hope I don't come across that way. The Harely's have adequate power where it is effective, though with the new 6 spd's roll on is down unless you drop a gear, the amazing Valk engine will lug out at about 30 mph and then shriek at the top all in top gear. Harley's best feature is aftermarket and dealer support. I'm sure there might be some bad dealers, but most are avid riders and it shows in how they treat riders..even with non-harley bikes. There second best feature is the quality of the "look and sound" even though their durablity leaves something to be desired.. Lot's of friends that ride them...not abuse them and they are having more than there share of trouble for a high end bike. Stator's, brake disc's, lifters..stuff like that. The are by far much easier in the gas station/parking lot handling..the Valk killed my skinny arms in that situation. The worst thing about the Harley scene ..the "herd" mentality and the arrogance in some..but then again..some Gold Wing riders...well. You are obviously a seasoned rider, enjoy this new ride I know you will have many great trips on this big cruiser. But please remember my one caution don't throw the big Glide into a high speed sweeper...it will start to wiggle and you may go down..I've seen it, seen the back tire leave strange looking blackies before the guy went down..

Dave
Old 11-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Squid

I can relate to the "heard mentality" comment. Today I was asked how I could wear a helmet and ride a Harley. Maybe because I have a head worth taking care of? hehehehehehehehe
Old 01-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Squid

Bttp