Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Front end and Wheels with NEW Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 06:19 AM
Squid

kneepucker is on a distinguished road
Front end and Wheels with NEW Tires

Doing a front end conversion, so I'm selling the stock front forks/triples brakes - what you see in the pics............ as well as front and rear wheels as shown, with brake rotors and BRAND NEW Continental Conti-Attack tires. ($250 OBO + shipping)
Forks are straight and perfectly operational. ($150 OBO + shipping)
No issues with the wheels, aside from a tiny bit of oxidization on the aluminum; but could easily be polished out.

Parts are located in the greater Dallas area. Not wanting much for them, make me some offers!!

PS - I also have a full set of yellow fairings that can go as well - will post pics of them tonight.

Last edited by kneepucker; 02-01-2022 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-31-2022, 01:53 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Interested in the yellow plastics depending on price & condition.

What are you converting to?
Old 01-31-2022, 08:55 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard. Please post prices, it's literally the very first thing (#1) in the rules.

For Sale RULES - SuperHawk Forum
Old 02-01-2022, 04:33 AM
Squid

Captainchaos, thanks for the welcome; I will post prices. I've been riding Aprilias for more than a decade and a loyal member on that board, and even though they state the same rules; best offers usually don't get much flak. I've owned multiple Hondas previously, RC51's and a CBR1K, but this is my first Superhawk and I'm going to enjoy the challenge of making a competitive track bike out of it.

VTR1000F; I am converting the front end to the CBR10000RR forks and wheel. I have purchased a 900RR rear wheel I'll be using. Bodywork will be full race skins.

Old 02-01-2022, 04:40 AM
Squid

I'm very terrible about taking "before" pictures of the bikes before I strip them apart. I bought this Superhawk out of Florida, didn't even ride it a singe time before putting it on the lift and starting the tear down. I'll try and find some pics from the seller of the complete bike and post those, but here are photos of the not-so-great features of the fairings. A crack on the left side panel, and cracked tabs on the lower. Otherwise, the paint is glossy and clean; and I'm not really looking to sell the tank, but if you really need it, I could be convinced to part ways with it.

Old 02-01-2022, 05:15 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
No worries, sorry not trying to be a d#ck. Is that $150 for the entire front end or just the forks? Either way it's a pretty sweet deal. An SP1 front wheel is a pretty good match for a 900RR rear. I read on 1000RR.net that it'll work if you swap the wheel bearings to larger 929/954 wheel bearings. Are you leaving the swingarm stock? A 900RR brace (and caliper bracket) is a nice addition and it's also straightforward. If you know (or are) a solid fabricator an SP2 swingarm is also possible. Again welcome aboard and looking forward to seeing your project.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:26 AM
Squid

Thanks Captainchaos, it's $150 for everything you see in the pics, so triples and clip ons included. Both upper and lower bearings are in good shape and will be on the item when shipped. I get pretty decent shipping rates through my company, so it shouldn't be too scary.

As for the swingarm, I'll most likely leave it stock for the first few trackdays and see how I feel about it at that point. My racing days are over, but I still like to push hard on open track days. I don't run full slicks, just the Michelin Power Cups or equivalent......suspension will be a Penske shock out back and Traxxion Dynamics supersport build on the CBR forks.
I do plan on fabricating my own rear frame brace as shown in some other threads, (seems very simple) as well as a complete redo of the subframe to make it lighter, more compact, and accept a race tail section.
Only other mods planned before the first track action is to relocate the battery (Shorai) to up front, below the gauges, and try to not have much of any wiring under the tail. I haven't had the time yet to really analyze the wiring harness and what my options are for it, that will come soon.

Old 02-02-2022, 08:35 AM
Squid

BigRed is on a distinguished road
Interested in wheels

Message inbound, absolutely interested in those wheels!
Old 02-02-2022, 09:12 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

Is that Crack clear through the 'spar' and are those two things the only damage? No rash? I'm sure there may be hairline cracks here and there. Not concerned with those. What are you asking? Thanks.
Old 02-03-2022, 07:00 AM
Squid

VTR, the crack in the spar goes all the way through, but not all the way around. There are hairline cracks in other areas, but no rash anywhere and no evidence of repaired rash. Let me know if you're interested in the tank, if so, that changes the pricing. The tank is in phenomenal shape, probably the cleanest thing on the bike.
For all of the fairings, I'd do $200. With the tank, PM and we can work out a price.

Old 02-03-2022, 07:57 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

I think we can work a deal on the fairings. Let me think about the tank and I'll PM you later. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:49 AM
Squid

Wheels and bodywork sold, front end still available.
Old 12-24-2022, 09:28 AM
Squid

wheels is on a distinguished road
front end

front end do you still have it i am in Dallas
Old 12-24-2022, 09:36 AM
Squid

Yes, I still have the front end and miscellaneous other parts.