Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Corbin Beetlebags $300 + shipping

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Superstock

Galaxieman is an unknown quantity at this point
Corbin Beetlebags $300 + shipping

These have been sitting in my garage and since my commute is ~3 minutes instead of ~90 minutes like it was in DC, I am pretty reluctant to re-mount them since I just don't need that much storage on a regular basis.

The good: I'm selling these for what I bought them for back in '05. When I bought them, the left one had been rashed and cracked, so I did some fiberglass work and sealed them back up. Bought new locks and seals from Corbin, and wired the turn-signals in to stock plugs so you can just run the wiring into the tail and plug them in.

The bad: My hack-a-bracket used to replace the rear turn signal mounting points (I cut mine off) is a fraction of an inch lower than stock, which meant that the bags rubbed on the rear fender. They're scuffed, but still sealed, and I will be sanding and painting them and will update the price as I get that accomplished. If you have stock light mounts, you won't have this issue.

The ugly: Pictures, of course. I have done no cleaning, these are 'as removed', and have not even been wiped with so much as a damp cloth yet. Click on any of the small ones for a larger version.

Current state of the bags, as is, in my storage room floor:

The scuffing I was talking about. Note that the 'pink' is from the red plastic under the flat black that's on the bike:

Current state of the fiberglass patch. I did zero bondo work on this. I did the glassing, sanded a bit, then sprayed on. Functional, but not the prettiest work I've done:

At $300 these are still a steal, as you'll get the new locks and seals I bought, the mounting hardware, the pre-wired lights, and they're already sealed from the previous rashing. If you're new to the Superhawk scene, they cost $1000 new. I used them for about 2 years in the DC area, and they were great for commuting and long rides.

Oh, and here's what they look like mounted up:
Old 04-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Superstock

Seriously? Nobody? No comments even? Or is nobody interested in a sport touring setup for the 'hawk?

Maybe I should mention they make wheelies easier, weight low and to the rear and all...
Old 05-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Superstock

Sold.