Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

2005 titanium tank FS $500

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 06:38 PM
Squid

michaelbc is on a distinguished road
2005 titanium tank FS $500

From a 10k km (6000 mile) VTR that has lived indoors since new. Flawless and very shiny except for about 12 tiny chips about the size of salt grains. Could easily be touched up with a steady hand. Price is for the tank, the cap (one key) and the plumbing underneath including the float sender. Bolt on, ready to go. USPS Postage from Blaine WA, would be $50 or less including insurance. Photos below. Reduced to $400

Last edited by michaelbc; 03-16-2018 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Including the cap and plumbing
Old 11-24-2017, 07:25 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Per classified posting rules, please put up at least one clear picture, though more on a rare item like this would be better..
Thanks and good luck

EDIT : Wait, are you saying this is a stock VTR1000F 2005 tank that is PAINTED in
Titanium Metallic
Color Code: YR-183M

Or that this is a custom tank MADE FROM titanium ???? Which ever way you might want to clarify your ad so there is no buyer remorse and sale issues.

For Sale RULES1. Post a price. Say if shipping is extra or included in price. You may add an OBO to your asking price indicating you are open to an offer of LESS than the asking price..but OBO is not here to create a highest bidder auction.

2: Post your location, and any buyer locations your not willing to ship to.

3: Post at least one clear picture of the part, assembly, or bike being offered for sale. More is better to a point... if you have many high quality shots, consider posting just one or two directly, and linking to the others. That keeps page load times down.

4. Sale order will be determined by replies to threads, NOT PM's. No email addys or Paypal addys are to be posted. The seller is responsible to sell the item to the first responder if the deal works out. If not then it will go to the next person who posts to the thread, and so on. We ask it to work this way so there are fewer hard feelings and issues with sellers and buyers.

5. eBay links may be posted, however the seller must post a price here and be willing to end the eBay auction early for Superhawkforum.com members.

6. Failure to follow the above rules may result in the post being removed and/or loss of privileges to use the Classified forum.
Originally Posted by michaelbc
From a 10k km (6000 mile) VTR that has lived indoors since new. Flawless and very shiny except for about 12 tiny chips about the size of salt grains. Could easily be touched up with a steady hand. Price is for the tank only, not the cap or plumbing underneath. Postage would from Blaine WA, would be $50 or less including insurance. Photos available.

Last edited by E.Marquez; 11-24-2017 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:10 PM
Squid

Um, apparently 2005 models only came in Titanium color, so I thought that was self explanatory. My bad. This is a stock 2005 tank, painted the factory, original titanium color.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:03 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Is this the 19 liter tank?
Old 11-24-2017, 10:52 PM
Squid

Sorry, no. I just scored one which is why this is for sale.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:52 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the pics required, look perfect. Should help you will getting what you need for it.

2005 is 12 years ago, many bikes are painted in 12 years on the streets..
Titanium was the only available color in the US, not in all markets, we see bikes from all over here.
$500 is a large number for a 12 year old tank, yours may bring that premium price and I wish you well.... But I saw $500 and Titanium and immediately thought custom tank...not single color for that year in the US..
Best of luck with the sale.

Originally Posted by michaelbc
Um, apparently 2005 models only came in Titanium color, so I thought that was self explanatory. My bad. This is a stock 2005 tank, painted the factory, original titanium color.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:36 AM
Squid

I agree it's pricey, especially with the color being specific to that one year, and there being fewer 2005 bikes than earlier years. I've not seen many (any) "flawless" tanks for sale online, and having a damaged one repaired, painted with the Honda decals reapplied would likely approach that cost.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:19 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
You've not seen ANY flawless tanks for sale anywhere lol because they don't exist. I have two pretty nice used ones for sale but they're not "flawless." For some reason I've always seen a variety of TL1000S tanks brand new for sale online (over $700 by the way) but haven't seen a new Superhawk tank in YEARS. I know because I bought the last one I saw and it must have been at least 10 years ago. And even if sold I it for $500 I couldn't find another at ANY price.

It may seem like a lot to some considering thats half as much as many of us have paid for complete bikes, but anyone familiar with any sort of tanks or replacement OEM bodywork for older sportbikes knows it becomes unobtanium at a certain point and also becomes extremely expensive. I've sold several mint red tanks over the years for around $250-$300 but that was years ago when they were still available new and nice used ones would still pop up here and there.

Unlike red, being a one year only color for a pretty rare bike, you'll probably be sitting on it for awhile until someone who's picky, owns THAT color bike, and wants perfect/near perfect shows up. But I wouldn't give it away either. Especially if you've upgraded to a 19L tank, which you could easily sell later on down the road and return the bike to stock.

Last edited by captainchaos; 11-25-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:25 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=captainchaos;404725]You've not seen ANY flawless tanks for sale anywhere lol because they don't exist. I have two pretty nice used ones for sale but they're not "flawless." For some reason I've always seen a variety of TL1000S tanks brand new for sale online (over $700 by the way) but haven't seen a new Superhawk tank in YEARS. I know because I bought the last one I saw and it must have been at least 10 years ago. And even if sold I it for $500 I couldn't find another at ANY price.

TL1000S was riddled with electric problems and other issues as well, plus it was a wild and rough bike to ride, I bet allot more of them went junk then VTR's, it's probably the reason for abundance of tanks and such...
Old 03-16-2018, 10:27 AM
Squid

Reduced to $400, and see my other 2000 model yellow tank listed here.
Thanks