Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

2001 Front End - Whole or in Parts....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Banned
Back Marker

SuperBlink is on a distinguished road
2001 Front End - Whole or in Parts....

So, I'm doing the swap. 954rr front end is officially on it's way to me so I'm going to start the process of taking bids on the parts that I'll have left over from the swap. With any luck the timing of the thing will work out and I can use money that I get from the sale of these here parts to do other work throughout what's left of this semester at school.

I'm somewhat flexible on pricing, say for instance if you wanted to take the whole front end I'll certainly cut you a significant deal. Other than that I've tried to beat ebay pricing by enough to entice any forum members away from there and also in an effort to keep in the family so to speak. Of course if the parts aren't selling then I'll go off to flea bay with them, but if the interest in my fairings is any indication I don't think I'll have to resort to such foolery.

If you want to make an offer, please, be reasonable. Other than that, please keep in mind the parts are not quite off the bike. I should have my front end by this weekend which means I might get them swapped on Sat or swapped enough to sell the hawk parts off to you guys. That said, here's what I've got at this point, off the top of my head and probably short quite a few things.

Forks - $150 for the set, $90 Each
Triples and Steering Stem - $100 for the set, $70 each
Clip-ons - $40
Steering Head Bearings - $20
Clutch and Brake Levers, master cylinder, resiviors, NO lines - $75
Rotors - $100
Front Calipers - $100
Front Wheel - $100
Bar-End Rear-view Mirrors (decent viability actually, not much shaking, going for something smaller myself)- $40

I still also have my fairings but a member currently has dibs on those until I can get him some pictures this wed which is the next time I'll be next to the bike as it's at the school's shop.

I'm working on getting a usable pay pal account set up in the next day or two, certainly by the time thee parts are ready to be shipped.

Super Blink

Pictures soon! Or I can text you pictures starting this wed, that's going to be the easiest way to see a part is by texted pics....`

Last edited by SuperBlink; 02-22-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Banned
Back Marker

btw - the bike has about 24k miles on it. The parts being sold off the bike also have that many miles on them, however, they're in pretty decent shape actually, which is the reason I bought the thing in the first place, because it's in pretty damn good shape for being 10 years old...
Old 02-21-2011, 04:49 PM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
i would like to be second on the fairings
Old 02-21-2011, 05:23 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Call dibs on the resiviors, master cylinder- Hell, all that clutch, brake lever stuff... Ha Ha.. could you PM me a pay-pal account info, Does that price include shipping? If not give an idea....
Old 02-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Banned
Back Marker

Originally Posted by saige
i would like to be second on the fairings
You got it. Again, pictures will be had tomorrow night and I'll be able to text them after class which is 9 pm PST....
Old 02-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Banned
Back Marker

Cool

Originally Posted by 1971allchaos
Call dibs on the resiviors, master cylinder- Hell, all that clutch, brake lever stuff... Ha Ha.. could you PM me a pay-pal account info, Does that price include shipping? If not give an idea....

Guys, please read ad carefully. I don't at this point have a useable paypal account. This I'm working on changing rapidly and should have something for you all on this front in the next day or two.

Shoot me a pm though with your zip code, do you just want the controls and everything still attached to the clipons or just the controls, mc, res, ect...

My front end is being shipped as we speak. I'm hoping to get it by this Sat to have with me for my long class. If I do, then I'll do my best to swap out the two front ends far enough for me to roll the bike and ship the old parts out this coming week. You've got dibs right now on the parts you listed... Come and get it while it's hot guys! Can't shake a stick at my prices on fleabay right now! Seriously.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Banned
Back Marker

Hey guys, the paypal account is set up. The fairings and the controls are spoken for at this point, though I have yet to receive money for either. I can now get you pictures within a day or two and can take parts off the bike every sat until they're gone, or just off the bike from me doing the swap. Shoot me a pm as to what you're interested in, got some GREAT prices people. This ****'s going to ebay if I get it off the bike before it's purchased by forum members. Thanks guys,

Super Blink
Old 02-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Squid

Ryder3610 is on a distinguished road
Do you have the stock exhaust? If so are you keeping the cans or switching them out
Old 02-27-2011, 04:34 PM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
so what's the deal with those front fairings?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Banned
Back Marker

No stock exhaust mang, I've got the mig high mounts, sorry...
Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Banned
Back Marker

Originally Posted by nothing
so what's the deal with those front fairings?

Got two people in line for them atm... Just waiting for paypal to confirm the checking account attached to the account so I can get the invoice out for them so I can get paid/ship them out..... I can put you in line, but I'm 99.99% sure the first guy is going to be taking them already...
Old 02-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
So can I ask why you are selling the clutch master cylinder? I can see selling the brake master, if you have a larger one to install but what are you going to use on the clutch side??
Old 02-28-2011, 06:30 AM
Banned
Back Marker

The one that's coming with my 954 kit? I was under the impression I could do so....It'll work, no?
Attached Thumbnails 2001 Front End - Whole or in Parts....-frontendbuy.jpg  
Old 02-28-2011, 06:44 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Uh oh- 954rr uses a cable clutch, not a hydraulic one. You'd be using voodoo magic to match those up!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Banned
Back Marker

Old 02-28-2011, 08:10 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
you sell them/it already?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Banned
Back Marker

nope, but took an offer and have been talking with a guy about them and was using that money in my already pretty tight budget.. Oh well, my current unit will work with new clip on's right?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:35 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Yep, your current clutch setup will work.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Banned
Back Marker

Thanks man, how you like the set up you have? Pretty good in the twisty stuff?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 AM
MotoGP

I do really like it, I am not fast enough to need it, when I ride yruyur's bike (still stock front) I am not any slower, just more confident on my bike.

My bike is less umm flexy is how I would describe it, and is sprung for my 200lbs and not his 140lbs, so I think what I mostly gained was proper spring/valving. (I have .90kg/mm springs in the 954 front end)
Old 03-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Banned
Back Marker

Right on... I don't know that being fast enough has that much to do with a solid feeling beneath you while on spirited rides, I'm not super fast either, but I want my bike to be able to handle what ever I CAN throw at it... Sure don't want the front to tuck because I get to a point in my riding that surpasses the stock suspension and the way I find out about is by crashing... IDk, maybe I do ride fast enough to need it, honestly, I haven't riden hard hard in about two and half years, but I know that eventually my riding will surpass the suspension that comes as OEM....
Old 03-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Banned
Back Marker

This set up shaves 3mm off the front end height, no? Should turn in a bit quicker as a result, right?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:28 AM
MotoGP

I was saying that I was never fast enough to surpass the stock front end. It never tucked on me even when dragging hard parts.

I really don't know that properly setup stock forks would be the limiting factor with this bike. Getting Greg or Jamie to respring & valve them and adding a fork brace would probably be enough for all but the most aggressive rider.

With my 954 front end I am no faster than before, just that it takes less input when riding hard to keep a line.

As for the front end height, I played around with that quite a bit before I found a height I liked. (you can read the whole thread on the swap here: https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=17505 I was at first going to go GSXR, near the end I talk about ride height)

I think I am actually at stock ride height, or at least very close to it, initially, because I didn't measure things and just bolted everything on, I was ~12mm higher than stock and that felt weird.

What clipons are you going to use? You need some with a lot of rise if you are keeping the fairings. (edit: avoid the Swatt clipons that I got, they are decent hardware, but dealing with that company is not worth it.. Expect MONTHS after you pay before they MIGHT ship, and god help you if you have a problem with it)

Last edited by lazn; 03-01-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Banned
Back Marker

I'm going naked so no worries there... So you're saying after just bolting things up the bike comes in 12mm higher... Huh, I'll have to read your thread in the am, unfortunately I've got a bunch of reading to do before thursdays class on advertising and it's quite a lot, ah ****, I' gonna read it now otherwise I'll be thinking about while I read ad chit... Thanks bro, I might have some more questions for you as I go along here, if you don't mind...
Old 03-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Banned
Back Marker

Now I'm concerned about the height, ****...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Banned
Back Marker

Alright, good read dude, thanks much! Helped a great deal, made it a tad more complicated in terms of the overall plan, but that's to be expected... I'm looking at my wheel now going, I know I'm going to need parts for this thing, axle, bearing probably... I need to have some way to attach the wheel permanently to the bike, this guy gave me absolutely ZERO hardware. That said, back to this threads purpose, buy my **** so I can buy other ****.

Forks - $150 for the set, $90 Each
Triples and Steering Stem - $100 for the set, $70 each
Clip-ons - $40
Steering Head Bearings - $20

Rotors - $100
Front Calipers - $100
Front Wheel - $100
Bar-End Rear-view Mirrors (decent viability actually, not much shaking, going for something smaller myself)- $40

Recent part additions -

03 954rr OEM Rotors in good shape - $150
03 954rr Left clipon with lever and electronic cable for controls - $125
033 954rr Rear caliper and master cylinder, no res, bent pedal - $100
0 954rr Speedo/Tach - $250

I know none of you will be interested in these but it never hurts to let people know what you have for sale!

OH! Paypal is UP AND RUNNING! Pictures available upon request!

Peace out Super Blink

Ps - Fairings sold.
Windsheilds sold.

Thanks Trevor!

Last edited by SuperBlink; 03-01-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by lazn
What clipons are you going to use? You need some with a lot of rise if you are keeping the fairings. (edit: avoid the Swatt clipons that I got, they are decent hardware, but dealing with that company is not worth it.. Expect MONTHS after you pay before they MIGHT ship, and god help you if you have a problem with it)
FYI Swatt went out of business around a year ago.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Banned
Back Marker

Yeah, I've got to figure out what kind of bars i wants to use... I'm thinking I should see how the front end mounts up first to see where I'll be mounting the bars, above or below the triple...
Old 03-03-2011, 02:28 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
How about these....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Adjus...Q5fAccessories

Last edited by inderocker; 03-03-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Banned
MotoGP

You do know that you will have to modify the lower triple, right?

Quick Reply: 2001 Front End - Whole or in Parts....