Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

2001 clean title

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Back Marker

gixxerjohn is on a distinguished road
2001 clean title

is anyone interested in a clean title for a 2001?? looking to sell my title off, as the bike in question will only be for track fooling around

not to sure what they are worth, but pls make a serious offer

Thanks
Old 06-07-2012, 04:58 PM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

GTS is on a distinguished road
Wouldn't you need to have the frame with the VIN stamped in it to go along with that title?
Old 06-07-2012, 05:31 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
yyyyep...
I agree with GTS.
There's guys always doing this on my local forums. Kinda the shady way of putting a trackbike/ salvage titled bike back on the street, or "cleaning" a scrapped bike.

Selling the frame is one thing, but just the paperwork is a little too shady for most.
Sorry Gixxerjohn, not meaning to insult you or step on your toes or anything, just the way I see it.

-Matt
Old 06-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Back Marker

in ontario i dont believe so... I know that if you purchase a "blank" frame and already have a title for a bike, the ministry will attach that title to that frame

also no need to apologize... i believe we have different views on the subject, but to clarify i will call the mto tomorrow....

tons of ppl sell the frames or the neck etc... but thats for ppl looking to re vin a stolen bike or a salvaged bike etc...

mine is just off a clean title bike that i figured the title would be better served to someone else who may need it
Old 06-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Or? Purchase said title. Then buy these very cheap set of punches http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/stamping.html Little work with a dremel, and hey prestro! you got yourself a ringer of a motorcycle. http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...rs-showrooms-/
Its real common in the UK to traffic stolen motorcycles this way. Ooops I meant to say legally rebuilt and re-titled vehicles.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Back Marker

ya if ppl have the intention on doing that... then shame on them... this is a legit motorcycle, owned by me legally...

i guess you could look at it in 100 different ways, and sure some are bad, and others are legit.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:44 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
John, can you find a salvage titled frame to swap onto your trackbike? then just sell the frame with the clean title, and it'll be 100% legit.

Punching a blank frame, or altering serial #s is a bad move.

Every insurance company I've had has photographed the vin plate on my bikes including the steering head. I don't know how some of these guys get away with using a title and not the frame???
Old 06-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Back Marker

not to sure, but i know if you have a blank frame ie replacement from the oem manufacture... then you can re use your existing title....

i could sell the frame together with the vin... but im not going to purchase another frame just to be able to sell this one.

if someone has a salvage frame and wants to sell it dirt cheap i might consider it though
Old 06-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
if you think about it there is no legitimate reason to buy only a title...
Old 06-08-2012, 01:28 PM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
I once bought a 73 title for my 79 truck to bypass smog. A custom made vin plate and no leo was able to tell. I wouldn't do it for a bike though. At least not in California. If it can be done legally somewhere else this could be good for someone with a track bike.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Superstock

maniac2313 is on a distinguished road
Or you could look at it in another way... dick buys title registers and insures the "bike" then reports it stolen says i heard its here bingo he gets your bike for the cost of the title and you get sweet bracelets for your effort... that would suck for you but scumbags are out there...or he could full cover it then collect a check and leave you alone either way theres alot of bad that can come of it i wouldnt sell a title to something i was keeping isnt something I would do... my friend bought a title to rebuild a salvage bike then when he went to register it he found out he wasnt the only one who bought the title... he had a brand new frame stamped and now has a track bike and nothing to ride on the street... beat