Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

1999 VTR1000F Yellow, original owner.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 12:58 PM
Back Marker

Letsrideinsc
1999 VTR1000F Yellow, original owner.

SOLD!!!! $2500 to Superhawk Forum Members. It's now just shy of 39000mi. w/ 38961 on ODO. Pics attached were taken this week. I have had two people offer me 2k, and I refused their offer. It's for sale locally on Craigslist too. It sits on a trickle charger, and still sits I just don't ride it anymore.

For Sale:
1999 Honda VTR1000F, Superhawk. 996CC V-Twin fun. Just about to hit 39,000mi. I am the original owner, purchased in Aug.1999 from Mac @ All American Honda here in Santa Cruz. Why the VTR, I watched one day while riding with both Mac and Ted (now w/we all ride) as Mac rode his VTR up 9 I was in awe at how that thing easily lofted the wheel, and it sounded heavenly. I had to have one(no RC to consider at the time). I purchased the last one in yellow for being seen(plus's and negatives). Another thing that sold me on the VTR was the extremely narrow feel. Before buying, I test rode, TLS, Falco, 900ss, and a ZX7, and the VTR was the best of them all. It's confidence inspiring, handles great, and is comfortable for my 6'4 frame.

I commuted to San Jose State, and to Palo Alto, CA from Santa Cruz, CA on a daily basis for years. Most miles are from commuting. I do ride on the weekends and this bike has been up at STP on most Sunday's of it's life. The VTR 51mm carbs, very large(one of the biggest in a production moto) can pull your arms off, but are finicky and do have the occasional carb hiccup/fart that is normal for this machine. Starts right up every morning. I have upgraded the items that needed it. I have receipts for all items purchased, clean title in hand, tool kit and Honda service manual and owners manual all included.

Installed Add-ons:
*MRA Touring Windscreen
*T-rex frame sliders
*GoodRidge Kevlar Brake lines front
*GoodRidge Kevlar Clutch Line
*DynoJet Stage 1 kit(oem air filter)
*CBR929RR Brake MC

Work done: You can see my posts with pics on these repairs.
*Manual APE CCT's installed at 20k after hydraulic ones were failing.
*TPS mod done, to 500ohms. @ 33k
*New OEM updated(w/cooling fins) Regulator/Rectifier @25K
*New Brake pads Sintered Ferodo's in the front @33k.
*New Wheel bearings 1k ago
*New rear Pilot Power 2 tire about 1000mi ago, front is half way gone.
*Dyno Jet Kit, and dyno tune at 18k.
*New Chain and Sprockets OEM gearing 7/13/15
*New DOT4 Throughout 7/13/15
*Rebuilt Clutch Slave Cyl. 7/13/15

Extra's included in sale:
All OEM replacement items, brake hoses, misc items all included.
Stock OEM windscreen(new)
Zero Gravity DB Dk. Smoke Windscreen
Corbin Seat used- but good for two up riding.
Daytona Steering Dampener
All smog junk included
OEM Exhaust Pipes(like new)
OEM Exhaust w/out baffles
Fieldsheer expanding Tank Bag

The Bad:
I did drop it once while on a barf group ride. Actually the wind did it, It was parked in front of LuLu Carpenters on Pacific avenue about 5 years ago, parallel to curb on right side of road. Kickstand was on road, wheels in gutter, bike was too vertical I guess. It fell to the right rolling up onto the curb, then onto a raised planter box curb, limiting the damage thank god. Only a bent lever and minor scratches that took some yellow off the corners. See pics.
It could use fork fluid, as I'm not into working on suspension. It was replaced at about 18k, when I had the Dyno Jet kit installed and dyno tuned. Work was done by Richard Oliver @ Cycle imports in Capitola. Bike's carbs haven't been touched since. Valves done at 18k during the above service, I have the receipts, no adjustments were necessary.
Attached Thumbnails 1999 VTR1000F Yellow, original owner.-img_1964.jpg   1999 VTR1000F Yellow, original owner.-img_1967.jpg   1999 VTR1000F Yellow, original owner.-img_1962.jpg  

Last edited by Letsrideinsc; 08-14-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Back Marker

Letsrideinsc
Sold.