Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

1998 Super Hawk $4250

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 02:01 AM
Squid

K9OFSTRIKEX is on a distinguished road
1998 Super Hawk ***SOLD***

***SOLD***

This Super Hawk is in very good condition. I have recently replaced the front and rear tires as well as the battery. The bike also just received its 12,000 mile service and checked out perfectly.

This bike has several aftermarket upgrades including an Indigo carbon fiber full exhaust, a raised windscreen, a two tone Sargent aftermarket seat (as pictured), raised handlebars, and a carbon fiber front fender. I also have a few of the stock parts available and a full Super Hawk service manual to go free with the bike if you want them.

There are two small cosmetic blemishes on the bike: One is a small crack on the rear seat cover cowl (pictures available) and the other is a small group of cracks by the right turn signal (can't really see in this size picture, but I can send others). This bike has never been lain down but it has fall over from a stand still. The side cracks occurred when my friend got in accident and in my rush to check on him, I set the kickstand without realizing that the spot I put it on was the wrong angle... The crack on the cowl from when the previous owner didn't swing his leg far enough over the bike before he set his foot down.

This bike is my baby; it lives in a garage, gets the battery tendered periodically, and has its fluid and tire levels checked often. The only reason I am selling it is because my roommate and I are planning a 2 month long adventure tour of the US and I need a bike that is suited for off road riding. I will miss this bike sorely...

Since I am selling it to get an adventure touring bike, I would be open for trade deals. I am primarily looking for something that could do a lot of twisty road miles, alot of dirt miles, and a bit of highway cruising. I was thinking something like a Dakar but am open to suggestions. If the trade bike is worth more than mine, I would be willing to talk trade + cash or trade + my baja beetle or some combo of the two...

If you have any questions or would like to see any additional pictures, please feel free to ask 'em here or just pm me!

*Update*: I am changing the price to $4,000. If you purchase the bike at this price, I will deliver the bike to anywhere within 250 miles of San Luis Obispo (that I can catch a train from) free.
Attached Thumbnails 1998 Super Hawk 50-l.jpg   1998 Super Hawk 50-c.jpg   1998 Super Hawk 50-b.jpg   1998 Super Hawk 50-r.jpg  

Last edited by K9OFSTRIKEX; 07-12-2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: ***SOLD***
Old 06-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Back Marker

Otto Man is on a distinguished road
Location?
Old 06-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I'm going to say that he's somewhere around San Luis Obispo, CA based on his email address that I just edited out (since it's not allowed by the Classified Rules). If you're interested in the bike contact him via PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Squid

San Luis Obispo would be correct!

My bad on the email and such... I thought I had taken care of that
Old 06-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Squid

Sorry about the missing details for so long. For some reason I couldn't get the forum to accept my full post; the progress dots just kept spinning and spinning and spinning...
Old 06-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Looks updated to me!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:54 AM
Squid

Yes sir, it's all definitely working now! Just had a spell of about 3 days where it was nothing but spinning dots and being redirected to an Audi forum! Computers never cease to amaze me!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Squid

Price Change!

*Update*: I am changing the price to $4,000. If you purchase the bike at this price, I will deliver the bike to anywhere within 250 miles of San Luis Obispo (that I can catch a train from) free.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:34 AM
Squid

***SOLD***
Old 07-13-2008, 07:55 AM
Squid

runawaypencil is on a distinguished road
what did it sell for if you dont mind me asking...