Sellers: Just a heads up about ryans99vtr

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 05:33 PM
SuperSport

Rollin20z is on a distinguished road
Sellers: Just a heads up about ryans99vtr

I just wanted to post this here since I am not on the forum a lot and let everyone know and give them a heads up about :

ryans99vtr
aka Ryan S*****n
Long Beach Ca

I can give complete address if needed, just PM me. Not trying to get into a big sh*t slingin contest or anything, just throwing out a warning if your selling anything he or anyone else really is wanting to buy but try's this old scam.

He will/want to pay via pay-pal which is fine.
BUT when he does he will send money "For goods" which is also fine.
But when money is sent it comes thru without a ship to address but he will add it in the message line. But it will come with incorrect zip code for street address which if you ship thru pay-pal you know it will not allow you to complete a label with incorrect zip code. And as far as that goes if the post office notices the zip doesn't coincide with street address they will change it to what they show as correct. So if you get any confirmation of shipping that item it will not be to what the buyer sent and your just left in the wind really as far as being protected.

Which if you think about it if your buying something and are sending money for goods to someone why would you select to not have a correct shipping address on transaction which clearly requires them to receive something?

ALL in ALL what I went thru with him was he paid with the address in message line. Anyhow I checked and it came up as wrong zip for address, he sent as 90805 but it calls for 90815.

Honest mistake maybe? I Refunded the payment and PM'ed him to double check and request he add the address w/right zip to "ship to" section in payment. He replies he had the same problem How? all he did was add a message to payment. And he also said that he just talked to pay-pal and got it corrected and resent payment.

True: but now payment comes thru with shipping address but now the zip code is 90840, still not 90815. But yet he still requests it be sent to 90805 in the PM reply. Even though he just evidentally entered the 90840 in PP.

Pretty much I said to h ell with it and refunded that payment(who knows might not even be his account) and told him I would gladly ship items if I got a payment with a matching address. If not then that would just reassure my suspicion that he was just trying to get something for nothing. And since we first started talking about deal he was quick to reply to any PM or e-mail. Now since yesterday and after I called him out he has not responded to anything even though I see where he has been active here on the board both yesterday after these transactions and also throughout today with no replies.

ryans99vtr
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: Today 04:24 PM

In other words if you sell to him without a confirmed ship to address you will end up paying to send him your item for free.

So, it's clearly your choice to deal with him or not but I have always come to discover. If it walks like a duck..... well you get my point.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:51 AM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
So if I understand this correctly, the buyer sends money with incorrect shipping information, you ship the product to him & the shipper corrects the zip so the buyer gets his product, but then claims he never received it, and Paypal refunds his money, hurting your rep in the process. Right?