RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Stupid,stupid woman...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
Stupid,stupid woman...

So i almost ate my own *** for dinner today. Sound tasty? Im doing bout 65 in a 55 and im sweeping this nice left hander. I see a minivan in a driveway waiting to pull out. Something just gives me this feeling to slow down. Probably cause i notice her creeping forward waiting on the car in the other lane to go by. Sure as **** she pulls out without any hesitation at all. Right in front of me. Leaning in a left hander and having to go from 65 to 25 with a gaurdrail on the right and no room to go around sucks. After seeing her bumper up close i get on the straight and pull up beside her. Scared the living **** out of her ( probably not a good idea ). First thing she does is turn around to look back and then at me. I thought yeah, thats where i was at. So i kindly give her the two fingers to the eyes telling her to watch what shes doing and cruised away. Just another day on a motorcycle i guess....
Old 04-20-2010, 03:36 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
In my experience you could tie the sun to the front of your bike, push a marching band playing the star spangled banner at 2000db out in front, and 50% of the cagers still won't see you coming.. They are in their own bubble of a world.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Going Mach Chicken
Squid

RequestTheOverhead is on a distinguished road
Just drives you nuts doesn't it! Last week I was riding my bike and signaled to make a right turn on a side street. Started slowing down to make the turn and notice this woman in her Lexus moving into the bike lane (on the right side of the road) trying to go around me to make the turn. Luckily I looked cause I would've turned right in front of her and ended up on her hood or worse. And of course, she was on her cell phone! She then looks at ME like I was in the wrong. I couldn't believe it!!

Keep your heads on a swivel everyone!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:36 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Glad you dodged that one. Nice riding...some guys just grab a handful of brake and end up going down.

I like the idea of 2 fingers to the faceshield. It probably drives the point home more than the 1 finger salute...which usually just pisses the driver off, even though they almost killed you a few seconds earlier.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:58 AM
Superstock

Yeah, it was a little hairy for sure. I think starting on dirtbikes at age 5 really keeps me a little more safe and always being a few seconds ahead of yourself on the the road helps. Plus i go to these huge wharehouse parking lots and watch the stunt guys sometimes and they have given me some good info on bike control. VTRsurfer, I think raising my shield so she could see my eyes through my glasses and giving the two fingers was a better choice. Makes em think instead of pissing them off.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:12 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
We all have similar experiences such as this. It really does **** me off when they give you the "you're wrong" look. Makes you want to dimple their door with your boots.

If you ride regularly, YOU WILL meet the ubiquitous soccer mom SUV driver. With a back seat full of baby carriers, she carelessly pilots the aircraft carrier sized projectile through traffic, oblivious to everything except the cell phone plugged to her head where she no doubt is exploring the intrigue and inequities of last night's American Idol or Dancing with the Stars episode with her similarly brainless girlfriend.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:15 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RWhisen
If you ride regularly, YOU WILL meet the ubiquitous soccer mom SUV driver. With a back seat full of baby carriers, she carelessly pilots the aircraft carrier sized projectile through traffic, oblivious to everything except the cell phone plugged to her head where she no doubt is exploring the intrigue and inequities of last night's American Idol or Dancing with the Stars episode with her similarly brainless girlfriend.
Those are all over around here. And they also drive faster than most motorcyclists while weaving in and out of traffic to get 2 cars ahead at the next signal.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Squid

alwayshonda is on a distinguished road
Hate to stereotype, but I totally agree. Around here the most dangerous thing is a minivan with some woman behind the wheel. Even my wife agrees!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Deus vult!
Back Marker

Mr Toad is on a distinguished road
It's all about threat assesment. A motorcycle does not register in the average cager's walnut-sized brain. I don't know which is worse - the googly eyed look the driver gives you when you know they never even saw you or when they nearly kill you and know it but precede to ignore that fact and don't even make eye contact!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Back Marker

thusspakebenji is on a distinguished road
coming home last week from work in traffic roundabouts (which I love but other Americans seem be dumbfounded by) when a woman in a giant Caddy Escalade stops in the middle of a roundabout, looks around frantically, then starts going IN REVERSE around the roundabout.

W
T
F
?

And as a total aside: I'm not sexist by any stretch of the imagination but it is true that women dont have the spacial awareness that men do. They excel in other areas that we dont (mainly interpreting human emotional cues and finding novel solutions to problems) but when it comes to navigating our physical world, men are the clear winners.

Last edited by thusspakebenji; 04-22-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Back Marker

offroad_rider2008 is on a distinguished road
close call, glad your reactions were there for ya, give a big +10 to riding schools, and big parking lots!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:47 AM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Good eye! Had you not seen her reaction to the other car you would have been toast.

It's hard to not take it personal and get angry... she didn't do it on purpose, so nice work on the 2-fingered reminder. Maybe you saved the next rider she comes across, rather than just give her an excuse to try out some vehicular manslaughter.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Back Marker

Got a wonderful laugh out of this BTW. Very well worded and spot-on.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:48 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thusspakebenji
coming home last week from work in traffic roundabouts (which I love but other Americans seem be dumbfounded by) when a woman in a giant Caddy Escalade stops in the middle of a roundabout, looks around frantically, then starts going IN REVERSE around the roundabout.

Speaking of in reverse I have one for you. The other day I come up to a 4 way stop I am 100 feet away and I see a woman who has stopped at the stop but her car is 10 feet into the intersection. Mind you no one else is there. She proceeds to back up to the line she missed waits three seconds then goes. why... you missed the stop no one was there just go and get out of the way. It was very weird. Like seeing someone backing down the freeway because they missed their exit.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Back Marker

^ I've seen that backing down the freeway thing
Old 04-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Superstock

It is definitely inevitible that we get thrown into a dangerous situation. Its the ability to keep a cool head and make that split second decision that could save your life.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:37 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
We lost two riders in the last week to stupid drivers. One was a 30yo young man, fully geared and experienced rider. The other was a 60yo on a Aprillia that I knew personally. The latter has been around bikes most of his adult life - rode everyday. He dealt with stupid drivers almost with the flip of the wrist - "they're everywhere!" I don't know if he let his guard down or somebody did some really stupid **** in front of him. God rest them both and bring peace to their families. Until motorists of this caliber are charged with vehicular manslaughter on the spot there will be no relief.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Sorry for the loss. The cagers are thinning us out.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:42 AM
Back Marker

steve29 is on a distinguished road
We all have similar experiences such as this. It really does **** me off when they give you the "you're wrong" look. Makes you want to dimple their door with your boots.

Sounds just like my wife. Haha. Sorry babe, but I'm throwing you under the bus.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Superstock

Old 04-26-2010, 05:34 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
We lost two riders in the last week to stupid drivers. One was a 30yo young man, fully geared and experienced rider. The other was a 60yo on a Aprillia that I knew personally. The latter has been around bikes most of his adult life - rode everyday. He dealt with stupid drivers almost with the flip of the wrist - "they're everywhere!" I don't know if he let his guard down or somebody did some really stupid **** in front of him. God rest them both and bring peace to their families. Until motorists of this caliber are charged with vehicular manslaughter on the spot there will be no relief.
Was this the biker down with ambulances responding that I saw on 163 southbound into downtown last Wednesday?

I'll tell you what though, if I'm ever witness to a hit & run with a downed rider, and there's other people around to stop for the downed rider... I plan on chasing after the suspect vehicle.

I see that posted often... "so and so stopped to help me but nobody got a plate number."

I figure if someone's way of life is possibly permanently damaged due to somebody's negligence, I'm gonna make damn sure that somebody is held accountable... make, model, plate number, and description. Some of us ride with liability only (because what damage can a bike possibly due?) but the insurance companies won't necessarily pay a claim if the other driver takes off. You might be stuck with uninsured motorist coverage, which, if you have it, doesn't go very far to cover anything.

Last edited by CentralCoaster; 04-26-2010 at 05:41 PM.