SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   What is te Loudest exhaust I can get? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/what-te-loudest-exhaust-i-can-get-15607/)

SkullHeadNoPants 09-03-2008 03:12 PM

My Hawk came to me with a set of high mount Jardine RT-Ones. In all honesty, sounds louder than some choppers I've ridden. Granted, I don't know how many miles are on the pipes so they probably just need repacking but it sounds great!!! Caution....On long rides I'll have to do ear plugs if I want to retain any hearing. You might want to go a bit more reasonable than what I have.:eek:

Hawkguy Pierce 09-03-2008 03:55 PM

Loud pipes suck but if you have to....

It's all in the baffle. Get some fiberglass insulation and lightly repack the baffle. You can play with it to get the amount of noise you want. I still think a twin that's too loud sounds stupid (and you'll never get the jetting right), but hey, if the neighbors don't mind...

Wolverine 09-03-2008 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 30333
I too recommend cutting your pipes to make them louder. My friends RC has shortened Sato's and they are as loud as you would ever want!

Here's a vid of us dyno dragging. You can barely hear my Jardine hi-mounts(which are loud) compaired to his. Sorry about the wifes extreme enthusiasm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_d-D...eature=related

sassage 09-03-2008 08:39 PM

D&D's, as said, are loud but have a good sound to them. that's what I'd recommend.

rbrais 09-04-2008 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Anto (Post 174476)
I'm talking this style pipe:

damn it's so hot. I want to give my hawk those pipes

http://www.visordown.com/members/ima...GSXR1000TT.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/172/4...5d222bb6_o.jpg

Looks like a "Works" pipe from the days when race teams custom made everything.

rbrais 09-04-2008 09:39 AM

Unfortunately in CT (and probably everywhere else) pretty much any aftermarket pipe COULD get you a ticket, as they all exceed the max. Most cops don't bother you as long as you aren't riding like and @ss hole.

kroeninga 09-10-2008 11:55 AM

Two brothers High mounts

I have two brothers carbon fiber high mounts and my bike is the loudest one in town.. My friends can hear me from over a mile away when I get on it.. Yet i still have gotten no tickets.. TWO brothers or Akrapovic-Either way you cant go wrong

crash06 09-10-2008 12:10 PM

I have high mount carbon devils on mine and its louder then any of the other twin sport bikes in my area.

Ratty 09-22-2008 04:02 PM

My other bike (NT650) has had a load of different cans over the years, straight through, home made z-flows, microns, stubbys but I didn't like the sound of any.

In the end I realised it was because none sounded deep enough, in desperation I fitted huge diameter car exhaust which sounds amasing, not uber loud (no louder than a loud race can) but really really deep.

superchicken_on_roids 09-25-2008 09:38 PM

i completely gutted my 2bro's highmounts and quickly found i needed to hunt down my jet kit and put bigger jets in. but it is by far the loudest hawk i have ever heard.. i drive by people on the road and they roll their windows up..at an idle it sounds like a muscle car.

Norcalblake 09-25-2008 10:34 PM

I want to get a loud exhaust for cheaper than 900 for slip ons. I love the look of those tygas. But kinda worried that is just too loud... does anyone know of an exhaust (even if its universal) that is short and a weld together but isnt gonna be too much louder than a regular aftermarket exhaust... is this an unrealistic want

Tonyizcool1 09-28-2008 04:52 PM

se

Originally Posted by PUSHrod (Post 174548)
Every year at Daytona bike week I watch as slug slow Harleys with open pipes get tickets while the stocker BMWs, Guzzis, and STs go ripping past 20 and 30 over the speed limit. I love the sound of open pipes on the throttle, I'll applaud you as you go by, but LEOs pound down the nail that sticks up.

Don't forget to re-jet when you change the flow characteristics of your motor, elsewise that slug of a Sportster is going to catch and pass you.

I second this. I have Leos on mine.....Love the dang sound.....Great rumble down low and when you get on it.........Sings like a bird should.

MisfitToy 09-28-2008 07:10 PM

I love my M4's and I think im the only one around here with them.... hmm their pretty loud my ID is larger than any other superhawk exhaust ive seen so far. They also throw some beautiful blue flames on the down shift and decel... pair enabled of course. Also M4 doesnt list any setup for the hawk ans im pretty sure my cans are for the 929

Woodytick 09-28-2008 08:25 PM

my leo vinci on my cbr is loud. but if you want real loud, just do like some of the guys already said. straight pipes like a harley

Vega (streetfighter) 09-28-2008 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tonyizcool1 (Post 183239)
se

I second this. I have Leos on mine.....Love the dang sound.....Great rumble down low and when you get on it.........Sings like a bird should.

+3 on the Leos. Them shits are loud, but not out of control loud. And like Tony said when you open the hawk up they sound fuckin great....

nuhawk 09-29-2008 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Norcalblake (Post 182909)
... is this an unrealistic want

yes

HisHawkiness 10-21-2008 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by lynchie (Post 174525)
i say two bros with bafflectomy... loud.. makes car alarms chirp alot when im on the gas

What do the baffles in the 2bros look like? I guess for some reason i thoguht they were straight through.

freefalln1 01-09-2009 03:24 PM

My high mount carbon fiber leo's are loud but have a great note to them.

nfbzike 01-09-2009 05:10 PM

Just something to add to this quickly. My first hawk had a set of microns on it (sounded great) but over time the packing inside had broken down and a hole blew through it (the fiberglass baffleing that is) the heat from the pipe FRIED the color on the outside of the pipe in a big 4" diameter spot. Turned from a nice color matched red to a nasty looking white. So.... the moral is. You guys should really repack your pipes ( referencing the guy who said his pipe is 6-7 years old) they get oil in the packing and other carbon build ups and start restricting flow and sound. What I used was FMF 4 stroke packing from cycle gear for about ten bucks. Then i wrapped it on and used duct tape to keep it tight so i could slide the muffler housing over. The duct tape melted and stunk but it made it easy to assemble. Returned my pipes to LIKE NEW sound. Apparently pipes should be repacked every couple years. A little off post but a topic I personally have not seen discussed or touched upon.

scarface 01-09-2009 05:21 PM

my Wyleco's are pretty loud.

RK1 01-09-2009 06:29 PM

Wileyco sounds good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhTujfMEL-4
YouTube - wileyco pipes on vtr1000

scarface 01-09-2009 06:33 PM

FYI those wileycos will be FS in the next few days.

COLE 01-10-2009 10:44 AM

D&D's are definately loudest, i have and hate em, 2 much attention from popo's i j/ got jar. rt-one high mounts for a RC51 i puttin on my hawk, i gettin a pryamid s plastic bottom fairings and paintin bike black and doin red bull graphics

scarface 01-10-2009 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by MLB (Post 195191)
Sounds 'nasal' to me. Bit too ricey.

that video doesnt really sound like they do in person. Maybe it the camera?

dsevans 01-11-2009 05:15 AM

my D&D are very loud, I think.

1 Attachment(s)
They look awesome, and sound it. If it was my daily rider, it might be too much for me.

Lifttruck 01-11-2009 08:29 AM

I have a Wolf Racing under tail set up to put on my VTR track bike. Judging from the ONE set I've seen and heard on a 5th gen. VFR I'm willing to bet the Wolf arrangement will be pretty loud.