SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Stupid ? How to adjust rear shock damping (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/stupid-how-adjust-rear-shock-damping-9865/)

B R 11-03-2006 12:00 PM

Stupid ? How to adjust rear shock damping

I know where it's located, & that I have to turn the screw, I'm not that stupid, I read the manual :oops: . The problem I'm having, is getting a flat blade to mate up with the screw :evil: . What am I doing wrong? A big long screwdriver wont make friends, the swingarm and/or pipe get in the way. I tried a little stubby, in from above, but that wouldn't fit. So what's the secret? Special tool needed, like a rubber screwdriver?

Scooberhawk 11-03-2006 02:01 PM

I've never had an issue making a standard 10" flat-head screwdriver work.

JamieDaugherty 11-03-2006 04:36 PM

Yeah, a standard screwdriver fits just fine. The screw has S and H marks with a circular arrow near the screw. Make sure the screw you are trying to adjust has these markings near it.

superbling 11-03-2006 07:26 PM

It has damping? ROTFLMAO!

B R 11-03-2006 08:25 PM

Ok, I went back & tried it again. I'm close, but still can't do it. I think I know why. The screwdriver is hitting against the bolt on the pipe clamp. I suspect that it's the orientation of that bolt that's working against me. In other words, if I loosen the clamp, & rotate it a little, I can get the bolt out of the way, & then I can probably barely connect :x .

B R 11-04-2006 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by B R (Post 34316)
I'm not that stupid,

Ok, I take it back, I am that stupid. So I loosened up the pipe clamp, spun it around & then I could just get my screwdriver on the screw. But then when I tried to turn the screw, guess what? I wouldn't turn. I was really getting pissed at this point & thought, let me look on the other side(right). There it was, a tiny little screw, easily accessed, & easy to turn. All this time I had been working on the left side, with a screw that doesn't even turn :evil: !

No more comments are needed at this point. Thank you.

Hawkrider 11-04-2006 01:34 AM

Aw, but what if we want to poke fun at you? Can I comment then? hehe

Don't worry. You're probably not the first, nor will you be the last. :)

JamieDaugherty 11-04-2006 04:25 PM

Superbling - The technical term IS damping, 'dampening' is not really correct.

Randman 11-04-2006 07:17 PM

I'll poke fun as it is very rare that I get to make fun of someone else, I am usually the moooooron screwing things up, so ha I am not alone...

at least you figured it out...good timess....

swordfish 11-05-2006 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by B R (Post 34367)
Ok, I take it back, I am that stupid. So I loosened up the pipe clamp, spun it around & then I could just get my screwdriver on the screw. But then when I tried to turn the screw, guess what? I wouldn't turn. I was really getting pissed at this point & thought, let me look on the other side(right). There it was, a tiny little screw, easily accessed, & easy to turn. All this time I had been working on the left side, with a screw that doesn't even turn :evil: !

No more comments are needed at this point. Thank you.

first time I went to adjust mine I did the exact same thing. wrong screw. don't feel too bad.

blokeontheend 11-06-2006 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by B R (Post 34316)
...I tried a little stubby, in from above, but that wouldn't fit. So what's the secret? Special tool needed, like a rubber screwdriver?

are we talking bikes or chicks here ?

Loco 11-08-2006 11:38 PM

Neither one is really very receptive to a rubber screwdriver.