Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Motion Pro Revolver - Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 PM
über-n00b
Superstock

Spoot is on a distinguished road
Motion Pro Revolver - Possible?

I did some digging in here, but couldn't find anything about replacing the throttle with something like the Motion Pro Revolver....I know they don't list a part for the VTR, but that never stopped anyone here from being creative

Has anyone done this type of mod?

I have the stock stuff, but I have a little drag when bars are all the way right/left. This is an issue when getting tech inspection for trackdays...throttle must be free at L/R stops.

Right now, I have the brake lever running in between the push/pull cables of the throttle for the best alignment, but it's still not quite the free-play I'd like to see.

I have a complete F4i front end with Woodcraft 2" riser clip-ons (trying to meet OE bar location).

any help or suggestions appreciated!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:40 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
This product seems like good quality, not minding the color that you don't see anyway when enclosed... But this is not the issue you have from what I see.

With the risers the cables get a little short and tighter, so when you turn all the way... you know the rest, how about just getting longer cables by an inch or two? it will solve the issue and you can set the throttle so the lever is not in between the cables, don't that limits the lever a bit?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 PM
über-n00b
Superstock

The lever fits perfect in between the cables, no issue with that. But I did just get an Acosatto brake master (not mounted yet), not sure what will happen later-on.

The risers are mounted below the triple as the fork tube is lower than a OE SH fork.
Best I can tell, the bar is about the same as an OE setup, but maybe it is a tad higher?

Is there a way to know how long the OE cables are and get a longer set with the same ends and stuff???
Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
If the cables are set about as with stock bars, they should work the same way, unless you had to bend them more then stock setup, that can cause it too, did you oil the cables??? you should do that periodically as well, you will be surprised what effect that can do on cables.
As for the length I'm not sure, there must be a way to know beside measuring your cables, also many bikes using same cable ends, the length of the inner cable you can change with the adjuster on the cable to fit your bike.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:19 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
The oe throttle cables should work. I have helibars that are higher than stock & no issue. Its only the brake lines that wont reach. If you think about it, you would need like 7" rise to not have thttle cables reach, since the bars stay similar distance from their destination (unlike the brakes)
Old 02-13-2013, 09:44 PM
über-n00b
Superstock

it may be the combo of the angle of the brake lever (to feel proper) that sets an angle on the throttle cables, that leads to the drag at lock.
I can try some lube....see if that helps.

@smokinjoe - I also have a new set of lines that came with the Aco, I got 90 degree ends, so that should give me a little more length to work with on those. They were tight with the wheel off the ground before.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Spoot I have similar issues, and I don't have risers, so my bar position is lower and more tucked than OEM. I've got the 929/954 front end. Never done a track day on it, but I'd probably have to extend the steering locks to get the throttle to pass inspection. They work fine 90% of their travel, it's the last couple of degrees on each side that it doesn't "snap" back.

I'd be curious to see if this works... I may even guinea pig it once I figure out my starting issues with the bike...
Old 04-07-2013, 08:13 PM
über-n00b
Superstock

friggen site booted me out as I was typing a big reply....grrrr.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:15 PM
über-n00b
Superstock

I moved the throttle cables to go inside the fork tube. rotated then to go down from the throttle, then forward. I used to have them forward then left. I also put 5 drops of lightweight oil in the cables before I mounted it all back up. Seems to be very little drag so far...actually snaps back when going lock 2 lock.

Last edited by Spoot; 04-07-2013 at 08:28 PM.