Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Installing a Corbin Seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Back Marker

Scoutpilot is on a distinguished road
Installing a Corbin Seat

Just picked up a Corbin and went to install. I noticed that there was no mounting hardware. So, I pulled the hook things off the stock seat. Seemed as if the only way to make the fit on the bike properly was to reverse them. I then put the cowl on over it and used a screw to secure. Installed the seat. Only thing was, the seat does not sit as snugly on the bike as the stock seat. There is some play....just a little....with the seat secure on the bike. Is this standard for the Corbin? Or did I do something wrongs based on what I wrote above.

Thanks,

Scout.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:22 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Dont know if this will help but I bought my corbin off ebay & it just popped right on. I would say it is a little less solidly secure but not an issue. It goes on and off easily with the key latch. Did you get the solo, gunfighter, or full seat? Mine is the full corbin with the mounting hole for the back rest.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:11 AM
Back Marker

jbeber is on a distinguished road
I have a Corbin Smuggler and the latch on the bottom of the seat is adjustable--and it did need a little adjustment. Just loosen the 2 nuts, move it a little, retighten and put it back on. Trial and error, though. It did take a few attempts to get adjusted properly.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:19 AM
Back Marker

jbeber is on a distinguished road
Another thing.....if youir seat is used, the rubber bumpers on the bottom of the seat may be worn/squished. That might be the 'play' you're talking about. The front ones on mine are bad so the front of the seat can be moved up-and-down slightly, but it doesn't worry me since I'm sitting on it and it's not going to go anywhere with my weight on it.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:32 AM
Rooster Wolf
Back Marker

VFR79 is on a distinguished road
With my Corbin seat latched there is some play, mainly at the front. If you rock the front part of the seat side to side it feels as though it may come loose, but it is definitely secure on there.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Back Marker

Scoutpilot is on a distinguished road
OK. Thanks guys. I'm not to concerned after what you all mentioned. Sounds like it's just that way. Anyway...gonna take the Hawk out today. Can't wait to see how comfortable it is!