SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Front cylinder missing!!!! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/front-cylinder-missing-14211/)

lazn 04-14-2008 11:52 AM

So you still haven't found your front cyl? ;)

FL02SupaHawk996 04-14-2008 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by lazn (Post 159603)
So you still haven't found your front cyl? ;)

Stop that you're killing me over here:laughing2:

speedhawk 04-14-2008 01:25 PM

haha i STILL wish it was actually MISSING... that would be SO much easier to fix.

:gatlin:

scottiemann 07-21-2008 01:30 PM

i have a problem...i have a 98 hawk with just over 22000 miles i went to dunkin donuts earlier this morning no problem couple hours later went to start it up to leave and the front cylinder is gone... havent started tearin it apart yet but it doesnt seem like a heat problem...i think it might be a carb problem...any ideas ?

not to mention im on vacation 320 miles away from home and was actually leaving to visit a friend another 200 miles away :mad:

LineArrayNut 07-21-2008 02:38 PM

if you ate donuts for a couple of hours, maybe it just *felt* like the front cylinder was gone...:lol:

gboezio 07-21-2008 02:55 PM

Take that plug out and ground it to the block, check for spark.

scottiemann 07-21-2008 02:57 PM

haha yea maybe....well i started ripping things apart and come to find oil in my air box...its coming from where the front valve cover breather comes into the air box which is loose but there are those plastic screws holding it on that dont have a head to tighten them...anyone???

FTMS 07-21-2008 03:27 PM

Some oil in your air box is not uncommon. How does the plug look that is in the front cylinder? By chance was it raining when you had the problem?

scottiemann 07-21-2008 04:55 PM

the problem is is that im out of town have almost no tools so i need to get a spark plug socket first... i do however know im getting juice from the coil carbs look fine and the slides are moving without a problem but i dont want to start tearing down the carbs til i know the plug is fine... im also running rich so the plug is a good possibility...i also checked all the tubes which are all in the right place and arent pinched at all..

and no it wasnt raining

so i guess all i can do now is wait til i get the socket to pull the plug

gboezio 07-21-2008 08:25 PM

Well since you have no tools a nail is all you need to check for ignition, you need to hold it at close to 0.030" from the engine while holding it by the plug boot, they send nasty jolts :lol:
But that would tell the spark story but not the plug, a thin wall 18mm socket is hard to find, damn engineers...

scottiemann 07-22-2008 11:12 AM

yea i already got a nice jolt from the boot so i know the coil is working but i gotta get myself to the parts store...if you buy the 18mm long socket it will fit because the spark plug specific one has too thick walls...

doesnt help that my buddies car is in the shop so we dont have much access to any vehicles