Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Electrical issue...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Back Marker

98ILVTR is on a distinguished road
Electrical issue...

Last summer, I had an accident on my SH, now I'm so close to being done rebulding my . But I have a nagging issue: when I hook my left front turn signal up, there should be a running light, and turn signal. Ok, here's the part that confuses me: I have a running light, but on the instrument gauges, it also keeps that turn signal lit as well, where as the right side does not. I've checked the wire hookups, and everything that I can think of. It does this with every turn signal I put on....

Forgot to add, if I play with the wires, the signal will flicker, almost like there's a short somewhere...
Old 03-15-2010, 05:01 PM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Check it again.... you have your ground wrong on the left signal. Mine did the same from the P.O. swapped the wires and all was fine. There are three - two + one for the running light and one for the blinker. the third is the ground. I had aftermarket from the PO so I'm not sure if the OEM wires have a connector or not, but this is most definately the problem.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Back Marker

98ILVTR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stevebis1
Check it again.... you have your ground wrong on the left signal. Mine did the same from the P.O. swapped the wires and all was fine. There are three - two + one for the running light and one for the blinker. the third is the ground. I had aftermarket from the PO so I'm not sure if the OEM wires have a connector or not, but this is most definately the problem.
You were right, wrong wires.

Doh! I feel like a re-tard..lol
Old 03-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Squid

socalmike is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stevebis1
That was some fast and accurate help. Good work!

~mike