Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

cut off accident need parts ( please ) asap

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Squid

shwinny is on a distinguished road
cut off accident need parts ( please ) asap

i am in need of right side case cover, right side peg, right side bar end, right side clip on, front rim to a 2002 superhawk. I really dont want to go through insurance, so i want to fix this myself the car just kept on going 1 mile from my house. I got cutoff, and my right side got demolished. sux but it happens i guess. i should just stick to dirt riding no other people to worry about. Thats just it for now. what parts are interchangeable through the years. I am bummed out. it has 4k miles on it. i bought it 2 months ago. Its a 2002 superhawk as you guys might know. I am bummed my wife is hysterical. What front rims are interchangeable i see a 99 on ebay etc. Please help. My ankle is messed up.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:56 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
I got all those parts..... PM me if you are interested.....
Old 05-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by 1971allchaos
I got all those parts..... PM me if you are interested.....
having trouble pm ing you. can you email me shwinny@msn.com i will buy tomorrow. I just want it driveable to drive it. i am pissed. i hope i didnt mess it up. i didnt notice the case was broken and started the engine for 5 seconds. thanks bud.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:45 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
That sucks. I can relate, since I was rear ended at a red light by a clueless 19 year old in March, 2010. $5,000 damage to my bike, but his insurance covered it, after I left some minor rashed parts on...it was a total otherwise.

I assume the other driver didn't stop.

I'm not trying to lecture or be condescending here, but be aware of all the drivers around you. Always expect them to cut you off, turn in front of you, etc. Watch their head movement, their car starting to drift towards you, etc. On the freeway, I always ride in the left tire track of the #1 lane, if I'm not splitting. Try to leave yourself an escape route...sometimes that's your throttle hand.

I'm saying this after 30 years of continuous riding, with over 190,000 street miles. And I hardly take a ride where I don't have to make some kind of evasive maneuver.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:07 PM
907 Noble
Back Marker

AK Ronin is on a distinguished road
Agreed with VTR Surfer. Everytime I've gotten on a bike it's been a life or death situation before I reach my destination. It's sad, but people are effing clueless on the road.

As for parts, I can't help, but I did talk to someone earlier on the forum who's parting out two of their bikes. I emailed him earlier about his rims, but they weren't exactly what I was looking for, however I'm sure he'd be interested in helping you if you needed anything else.

His e-mail is redhawk98@yahoo.com , just drop him a line and let him know what you need if you need some parts.

Good luck man, sorry about the crash.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:48 AM
Squid

yeah i know the lecture part. thanks guys. i hear it from my wife already. I am not sure where to start. after i get a case cover is there a way to flush out the engine if any debri got in there. will a 929 front end fit on the bike. and will different clip-ons work. to maybe save some money. I got lucky and there is no frame damage at all. i was maybe going 15mph or so and the front tire hit a rock wall and it didnt help it was pouring rain 2 hours prior. Yeah the lady kept going. i should have let her hit me.