Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

CCT

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 07:23 PM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
CCT

It's time to order the replacement CCT. I have 3 options for manual CCT's that I have gotten from this forum. I suppose asking which is the better is like a tyre or oil thread.

the three choices:
VTR1000 S'hawk/F'storm

SUDCO APE Products - Cam Chain Products

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...rs-sale-25095/

Of the three, is there any difference that would make one better than the other, (other than cost)?

Last edited by twist; 08-02-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: made mistake in post
Old 08-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Back Marker

Shane702 is on a distinguished road
Just to chime in..As far as I know, and I have spent many many hours reading threads and posts...there is no difference as in quality, myself I just went with ape manual ccts as they were only 48$ each on eBay and there a bigger company so u felt safer knowing they have mad and supplied many happy customers..also make sure you replace both...as I made the mistake to only replace 1..making the stock 1 automatic and rear manual...and sure enough a week later that banging came back...as hawk has told me "if to why else replace both, even if they are working now, to know they are much better and you never have to worry about it".he predicted the future, altho I never gave him the credit!!!...Gluck deciding, that and my r/r upgrade was the best decision I have made!
-shane
Old 08-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
As far as quality/installation there is no difference what-so-ever... The difference is price and looks, plain and simple...
Old 08-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Squid

alternative_vtr is on a distinguished road
Don't know about the others but I just fitted the Krieger ones and they have a rubber O ring that sits in a machined out bit so when you tighten the locknut it should stop oil coming along the thread. Also there are two locknuts on some there is just the one. These are made by a guy in his workshop at his home but were very well made.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:53 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
I have the Kreigers but only because I didn't know about Superdutyd's until I ordered his PAIR block off plates. I was impressed bu them for the attention to detail in providing a relief for the reed valve screw head. I would order his CCT's in a heartbeat.