SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Cam chain tensioner came loose any performance mods while it's apart? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/cam-chain-tensioner-came-loose-any-performance-mods-while-its-apart-28073/)

GTS 04-20-2012 11:42 PM

So how much are your tensioners?

8541Hawk 04-20-2012 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pyro (Post 330446)
seeing as all youve offered in your 2 posts to me so far is attitude and sarcasm yeah you do that.

Well when you came at me with a "What do you know" comment, so what exactly did you expect to get back from me?

I've spent a lot of time and effort figuring out how to get the carbs and intake to work well on this bike and have tried to share that knowledge quite freely on this board.

Hell my carb thread is up past 10K views now because it has info that couldn't be found anywhere else.

Maybe if you learn to have a little less attitude and sarcasm yourself, you might learn a few things around here.

As for someone who has read "quite extensively on the subject" it's kind of funny that you refer to the Dr. Honda stacks as "Bling" and think they are the same as the long stacks.... and for your dyno charts, well some of us already know what you will end up with but knock yourself out.

superdutyd 04-21-2012 12:13 AM

Why didn't Honda use manual tensioners? Benefits of hydraulic tensioners? Or did i miss that discussion?

Pyro 04-21-2012 12:16 AM

I see what youve done, youve read "what do you know" as in "share your knowledge on the subject" and thought i said "what the frack do you know asshat"
easy mistake to make. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

rz_racer_69 04-21-2012 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by superdutyd (Post 330452)
Why didn't Honda use manual tensioners? Benefits of hydraulic tensioners? Or did i miss that discussion?

That's right. And they worked well on other bikes. Just not so good on the SHawk due to the nature if our motors. Hindsight is 20/20.

8541Hawk 04-21-2012 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pyro (Post 330453)
I see what youve done, youve read "what do you know" as in "share your knowledge on the subject" and thought i said "what the frack do you know asshat"
easy mistake to make. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well I apologize then because yes I did take it as what the hell do you know, sorry ;)

GTS 04-21-2012 11:24 AM

Well got the head off last night. Intake valves ben bigger than life! Bent at the head as well as the stem right below the guide and yep it messed up the guides and they are cracked at the bottom. So new valves and guides and I'll be back on the road. Ordering parts today. Hopefully have them by next Friday. Then I'll have to have the guides put in the heads being I don't have the valve seat cutters or the proper tools to drive the guides in and out.

It's driving me nuts being the weather is FINALLY beautiful out this weekend and my bike is all torn apart! UGH!! Looks like I may not have them ready to go next weekend either if I have to have the guides pressed in and out. :-(

rz_racer_69 04-21-2012 11:25 AM

There ya go being all sensitive an shit, lol. :)

Pyro 04-21-2012 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk (Post 330483)
Well I apologize then because yes I did take it as what the hell do you know, sorry ;)

accepted. Lifes too short to get stressed on web forums.
*gives digital handshake*

sorry for hijacking your thread OP, good luck with the engine work.;)