[SPP] Two Quotes for the Day.

Old 01-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Mid-level Member
Superstock

fred
[SPP] Two Quotes for the Day.

The First Quote for the day:

Richard Armitage on NPR:
"Our friends in Iraq, that is those Iraqis that want us to succeed, in a way need us to leave," he
says. "And our enemies, those that are fighting against other Iraqis, need us to stay because, in a
way, it justifies their continued jihad against us."

i was thinking that he was gonna lose his job for that one. then i noted that he's leaving anyway.
One idea under strong consideration is for the bureau to use off-the-shelf software instead of the expensive customized features it has unsuccessfully sought to develop.

Unamed senior level FBI official in NYT:
"I did not get what I envisioned" from the project, the senior official acknowledged. But he said the
F.B.I.today had a better understanding of its computer needs and limitations as a result of the
effort." The lesson we have learned from this $170 million is invaluable," he said.

"One idea under strong consideration is for the bureau to use off-the-shelf software instead of the expensive customized features it has unsuccessfully sought to develop."

they hired an outside firm for $2 million to see if they can salvage the unworkable, custom database system. i'll bet a team of 2 of 3 people from this list could fix it for half that

--fred